Non-Key Tweets | Page 655 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
ESPN finds itself on the wrong end of the score for a change in Connecticut. The recipient of $26 million in tax credits from the state during the last fiscal year, the self-proclaimed World Wide Leader In Sports could see its corporate tax liability as much as double under Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's austerity plan.

The same could go for other digital media, animation and television-production companies that rely on the credits to offset up to 70 percent of their corporate tax liability, including Stamford-based NBC Sports and Greenwich-based Blue Sky Studios.

Reaction Score
You MF'ers can make fun but go ahead and tell me how the Big 12 fails to invite us if we had Jesus in the huddle.

Texas is not saying no to Jesus.

FSU has Jesus in their huddle.... the guys just call Jesus "Bobo". (Jesus Wilson)

Reaction Score
You MF'ers can make fun but go ahead and tell me how the Big 12 fails to invite us if we had Jesus in the huddle.

So now you are saying Tulsa has the upper hand? Oh Jesu...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Well that's because Jesus had so much speed he could easily get to the corner before the OLB. Take off those sandals and get him some modern footwear and he's like a young Eric Dickerson.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I can't believe Greg Flugaur even dignified Orangebloods by reacting to them. I realize Flugaur is somewhat suspect himself, but at least he's not as notoriously reviled as stupid like Geoff Ketchum the guy who started this at Orangebloods.

To give you an idea of the credibility Orangebloods has, allow me to quote a poster named Walden Ponderer (post 61565 on page 1232 of the Realignment not going away thread) on Shaggy Texas.
61k posts??? Everything IS bigger in texas!

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
No.

You do roadwork in Bristol. Every day. Forever.
Ironically, you just described what life is like in Storrs.

Or in Michigan. They just started an fourteen year road widening project on one of the busiest sections of I-75. We have two seasons: winter and construction season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No.

You do roadwork in Bristol. Every day. Forever.
You know that concept didn't work out so well for Chris Christie, right?

But yeah roadwork and and vehicle safety checks.... every day.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But I'm a little confused. Doesn't BYU already have Jesus in their huddle? If Jesus is also in our huddle, then can he be in both huddles at the same time?

This entire process is getting quite complicated. Who knew it would perhaps require a certified ecclesiastical scholar, or possibly a panel of such persons, to serve as paid consultants to advise our administration on the religious ramifications of this CR process?

I do, however, firmly believe that Jesus is a UConn husky.
Nah BYU has Joe Smith in the huddle.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
But I'm a little confused. Doesn't BYU already have Jesus in their huddle? If Jesus is also in our huddle, then can he be in both huddles at the same time?

This entire process is getting quite complicated. Who knew it would perhaps require a certified ecclesiastical scholar, or possibly a panel of such persons, to serve as paid consultants to advise our administration on the religious ramifications of this CR process?

I do, however, firmly believe that Jesus is a UConn husky.
The sky is national flag blue and white - Jesus love the UCONN Huskies!

Reaction Score
FWIW (from M H V E R. Read bottom to top):

1. MHver3 ‏@MHver3Protected Tweets 16h16 hours ago
  2. So I'm here to simply say: don't believe this crap-Our media partners are not mad at us, not suing us, and not blocking expansion.
  3. 0 retweets 4 likes

2. And let's be honest, BYU,UC, Uconn, and UH-all 4 are much better product then Rutgers and Terps.
  3. 0 retweets 32 likes

2. ESPN benefitted nothing from the last B10 expansion-they actually ended up paying far more for UMD and RU then they were already paying
  3. 0 retweets 2 likes

2. No ones mad at the B12 for expanding except a few people in Texas who haven't gotten over A&M and NU.
  3. 0 retweets 1 like

2. And my source tells me it is absolute hogwash.
  3. 0 retweets 1 like

2. Specifically this nonsense about ESPN threatening to file suit against B12 for expansion.
  3. 0 retweets 3 likes

Reaction Score
I'm no fan of The Terps, but saying schools like Houston, Cincy, or BYU are better conference additions is amusing. I guess these other schools are all state flagships, with strong all around athletic departments situated in great media markets. UCONN on the other hand...

Reaction Score
I'm no fan of The Terps, but saying schools like Houston, Cincy, or BYU are better conference additions is amusing. I guess these other schools are all state flagships, with strong all around athletic departments situated in great media markets. UCONN on the other hand...

BYI is a flagship. It's just the flagship of a religion and a people, rather than of a state.

However, his point was that Maryland's and Rutger's product was no better than the 4 Big XII candidates. As to RU, that is invariably and metaphysically true. As to Maryland, it may be a bit of an exaggeration but Maryland is not on another level than UConn or BYU or Cincy as to pigskin and hoop product.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
BYI is a flagship. It's just the flagship of a religion and a people, rather than of a state.

To this point, BYU already had a network but I imagine that outside of Utah and parts adjacent it doesn't do well in terms of carriage fees and even in Utah my guess is that is doesn't generate a ton of money when split 12 ways. All of this easily obtainable data by the B12, so my opinion on it doesn't matter at all.

But, if the new game is digital streaming than the question becomes how many individual subscribers would BYU bring in nationwide? Potentially a lot assuming the interest in college sports is consistent with the general population.

Point is that the B12 should be looking aat both carriage fees for a B12 cable net should one ever exist and they should be looking at potential streaming base.

Does cincy get a B12 net on in OH, KY? No it does not.

Does Memphis get it on in TN? NO it does not.

Do either of the FL schools get it on on FL? No.

The same could be said of subcribers of regular cable (new or retained) or subscribers to a website either watchESPN or a branded B12 streaming network.

Only us and BYU check all three boxes and our markets are better. Utah is a much smaller marker than ours.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
To this point, BYU already had a network but I imagine that outside of Utah and parts adjacent it doesn't do well in terms of carriage fees and even in Utah my guess is that is doesn't generate a ton of money when split 12 ways. All of this easily obtainable data by the B12, so my opinion on it doesn't matter at all.

But, if the new game is digital streaming than the question becomes how many individual subscribers would BYU bring in nationwide? Potentially a lot assuming the interest in college sports is consistent with the general population.

Point is that the B12 should be looking aat both carriage fees for a B12 cable net should one ever exist and they should be looking at potential streaming base.

Does cincy get a B12 net on in OH, KY? No it does not.

Does Memphis get it on in TN? NO it does not.

Do either of the FL schools get it on on FL? No.

The same could be said of subcribers of regular cable (new or retained) or subscribers to a website either watchESPN or a branded B12 streaming network.

Only us and BYU check all three boxes and our markets are better. Utah is a much smaller marker than ours.

BYU network isn't basic tier anywhere but Provo as I understand it. Even in SLC, U of Utah has like 80% market share of college football fans. BYU TV is available for a fee on Satellite, and contains religious programming as well as sports. So it is presumably frequently purchased by LDS members.

This is one of the reasons I predicted UConn, Cinci, Houston and a Florida school. The Honor Code thing pushed it further. BYU needs that network to promote its primary mission. It needs the sports to help make it viable. The Big 12 as it is, with T3 rights going back to the schools, works pretty well. If they pursue a digital network, BYU may not be able to participate at all, or would be like UT (road games only).

It is almost comical that these "experts" look at BYU and see a very strong football program, with great fan attendance, a well known brand and a solid hoops team as well and say, they are the clear favorite. They ignore:
  • BYU network issues noted above
  • Honor Code issues
  • Private religious school (see Baylor) not a cultural fit
  • Sunday play
  • Distance from the league (almsot as far as UConn, and more if there is other expansion east)
  • Weak TV market penetration, even in SLC. Mountain time stinks for TV.
BYU has some serious hurdles to overcome. They may do it, but it's not the slam dunk everyone keeps suggesting.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I had BYU TV when I had Direct TV. Don't think it was part of anything too special from a package perspective.

I only knew I had it because they had the early rounds of the WCC tourney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom