Non-Key Tweets | Page 72 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
At least he is now giving a hint of sources.

If a guiy who runs a message board and a blogger each said this, how can it not be legitimate?

Keep in mind the type of person who runs this message board and now you are down to just believing a blogger. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The goal is to get someone to deny a rumor started on the bone-yard.

we've started bogus threads here before that were taken seriously and triggered subsequent threads on Syracuse and Rutgers boards. You don't have to post on a board to troll it.

Reaction Score
I mean, if something was imminent, the AAC would surely know. They are making too many concrete plans involving us. XL Center hosting the Hoop Tourney, Division alignments etc... I think Warde and Susan are too classy to allow that.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I mean, if something was imminent, the AAC would surely know. They are making too many concrete plans involving us. XL Center hosting the Hoop Tourney, Division alignments etc... I think Warde and Susan are too classy to allow that.

If (IF IF IF!) UCONN were to go to a new conference, all of that stuff would still take place in 2014-2015 athletic seasons. Hypothetically, if UCONN accepted an invite to the B1G or ACC today, they would not start playing in the new conference for another 2-3 years (depending on if/how they can negotiate an early exit). The hoops tourney in Hartford and the divisions are all for the 2014-15 season which we would be in regardless of what happens in CR. It's way too close to the start of a new athletic year to move.

Reaction Score
If (IF IF IF!) UCONN were to go to a new conference, all of that stuff would still take place in 2014-2015 athletic seasons. Hypothetically, if UCONN accepted an invite to the B1G or ACC today, they would not start playing in the new conference for another 2-3 years (depending on if/how they can negotiate an early exit). The hoops tourney in Hartford and the divisions are all for the 2014-15 season which we would be in regardless of what happens in CR. It's way too close to the start of a new athletic year to move.

I just thought of that too. On the other hand, if all this stuff starts getting changed and moved.... that might be a good indicator!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I doubt we'll be leaving the instant an announcement comes out. I've made the case in another thread that the 27 month waiting period makes a whole lot of sense for all involved.

Reaction Score
ACC unveils new logo...paying homage to the past.

Or maybe the truth in advertising folks came calling.

BniCBhmIQAE_vPV.jpg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

BniCBhmIQAE_vPV.jpg

Now this is funny. Much like Pac-Man, the Big East grew to enormous popularity levels in the 80s but could never quite take that next step to be stronger because the ghosts of the past (i.e. - dwindling hoops only schools like St Johns, Providence, Seton Hall, Nova, etc) always chased them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

BniCBhmIQAE_vPV.jpg
Feel like if we are really going with truth in advertising there ought to be an ESPN logo on Pacman.

Reaction Score

Remember how the AAC was pumping up Ville, right before they announced they were going to the AAC.

Reaction Score
The only thing that makes sense here is this: UCONN/UVA basically seals up the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast coast for the B1G. They will own from New England south to VA/NC border...all the while isolating BC from the ACC that much more. Right now I'm skeptical at any CR related rumor after all that has happened in the past, but this does makes sense...until you look at the following things: ACC GOR, the fact that UVA pushed for VT's entry into the ACC. If this is true then I see VT heading to the SEC...no way they are left in the wind.
UVA leaving doesn't kill acc... Vt would be fine... Cincy would be the likely get.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
UVA leaving doesn't kill acc... Vt would be fine... Cincy would be the likely get.

From what I remember, I was under the impression that The Virginia state legislature and/or governor were the basis behind getting VT into the ACC so they wouldn't have to flounder in the Big East

Reaction Score
From what I remember, I was under the impression that The Virginia state legislature and/or governor were the basis behind getting VT into the ACC so they wouldn't have to flounder in the Big East
I didn't say that UVA leaving the ACC would kill the ACC...but it will REALLY isolate BC (Syracuse and Pitt will be their closest League schools..then if you go South it could be either VT or NC, NCST, Duke) from the rest of the league by a B1G juggernaut.

At the time VT left the BE for the ACC with BC and Miami, former UCONN President and then UVA President John Casteen was HIGHLY pressured by the VA state legislature and Gov to get VT included in the ACC expansion. If anyone remembers right the original expansion group was Miami, BC, and Syracuse. Syracuse was replaced by VT after Casteen appealed to his ACC President peers to include VT instead.

Reaction Score
How ironic it could have been if the ACC had decided to take Rutgers and UCONN along with Syracuse ins tread of Pitt and UL. The ACC would have their own network with NYC market sealed up tight...the B-12 would be at 12 with Pitt and UL...and the B1G may have stayed in the mid-west.

Reaction Score

But, UVA leaving for the B1G could put UNC in play due to their close ties and that would sink the ACC. As such, no way would the ACC let UVA go without a fight and that fight would make the current ACC/Maryland fight look like a pair of 6 year old pushing around on the playground.

Reaction Score
Virginia is unlikely to leave the tobacco road for the Midwest...IMHO.

As unlikely as it was a year ago when everyone was talking about FSU going to play in the Big 12....for FSU to play west of the Mississippi.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UVA, VT and even NC State leaving doesn't kill the ACC (UNC isn't going anywhere unless it's an absolute necessity - like Texas in the Big 12, they drive the bus in their conference - plus SEC basketball sucks). The ACC has other options in UCF, Houston, Cincy.

Delany is a very shrewd operator and I wouldn't be surprised if he adds UConn for 2017 or 2018 and then waits for the SEC to move on a couple of ACC teams. Then UVA falls into the B1G's lap.

And northern Virginia/UVA isn't really on par with the deeper south culturally. Think they would fit into the mid Atlantic part of the B1G just fine.

Reaction Score
Virginia is unlikely to leave the tobacco road for the Midwest...IMHO.

As unlikely as it was a year ago when everyone was talking about FSU going to play in the Big 12....for FSU to play west of the Mississippi.

Not even remotely the same. Penn State, Maryland and Rutgers are already in the Big Ten now. They'd be no more out of their geographical area in the Big Ten than they are now in the ACC especially since they'd be in a division with those three, UConn, Ohio State and the Michigan schools.

Plus, Virginia really does culturally fit with the other Big Ten schools. They're chummy in the AAU with those schools, the President came from Michigan and they dig the idea of participation in the CIC.

Virginia to the Big Ten, while not a certainty, is very sensible in a lot of ways. It's nothing like Florida State playing west of the great river.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 1h
B1G source says new approach to expansion coming via legislation. Details Monday.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 1h
Basically the B1G wants to force smaller, private schools out of the Big 5 via governance if the big 5 system.

B1G wants a small majority, say 60%, to force changes that smaller schools can’t afford.

I’m talking within the big 5.

1. Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 14m
    @theDudeofWV IMO, the legislation is aimed at wake forest, and is a way to entice a cash poor giant like GT. This would affect ACC the most

1. Omega Supreme ‏@OmegaSupreme914 1m
      @NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV Boston College GT Virginia Wake Forrest schools like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom