Non-Key Tweets | Page 70 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 2h
Two B1G sources say there is nothing to UCONN rumors. 1 is still outstanding.
Him writing this actually makes the rumor of UConn to the B1G more believable, since he's yet to be right on a CR move until it was already common knowledge. His "sources" had Clemson and FSU a lock for the B12. I think at one point he (or may have been the other guy) had LSU in discussions with the B12.

Reaction Score
While mildly entertaining the WV crew are all ridiculous. Their only sources are whatever bat crazy thoughts pop into their moonshine riddled brains. I'm a CR junkie so I enjoy the discussion, but they would be far better off if they didn't claim sources. Seriously who would tell these clowns anything? I have an exclusive on the one B1G Source the Dude is waiting on.

His name is Otis The Hobo and he lives in the dumpster behind B1G Conference Headquarters. A few months back The Dude thought he hit the big time. Otis told him he found a memo from Delany marked TOP SECRET that named all the upcoming additions to the conference and when they were to take place. Unfortunately for the Dude he never received the document. His source used it to start a fire to cook a can of pork and beans.

Reaction Score
It really is funny how these guys work. Why do they do it? Is there a monetary angle that I am missing or this or is it just for sport?

I think it's just ego, probably.

'The Dude' may know a person or two with decent connections, but clearly he embellishes his "sources" greatly and I'd say 95 percent of things he puts out he's simply throwing things against a wall and hoping they stick. MHV3 is just flat full of it entirely. Fact is, people with actual privilege to sensitive, ongoing negotiations do not share it as frequently as these guys suggest. If they did, they'd be cut off at the source. The only time leagues (or any business entity for that matter) like their info getting out is if it serves as a good propaganda tool. Otherwise, they simply don't care for, and won't allow, constant daily updates on their business dealings.

Last edited:

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I remember after the Sponge Rubber fire a Newsweek article described Shelton as "a drab little mill town squatting on the banks of the Housatonic River"

Reaction Score
And Derby was a football powerhouse. Those were the days!
The olden days in the Valley
I went to a a Derby Shelton game once ( I was a Shelton Fan) and six of Derby's starters were relatives of mine. The valley was sort of like Ky it seemed everyone was related.
Pops Shortell
A huge personality behind the plate. When he was the Ump there was no doubt who was in charge. During a HS baseball game with another valley town, when the Captains met ,he knew every guys name. He actually did a kind of formal introduction . I guess he felt if we were treated like gentlemen we would act like gentlemen. He obviously did his homework.

Reaction Score
And Derby was a football powerhouse. Those were the days!

I used to living within walking distance when I was very young of Derby's football field. I could go to any game I wanted (they were all day games back then) except for the Thanksgiving game against Shelton and the Derby/Ansonia game. Those games were wild. I remember the Shelton mayor getting his leg broken at a fighter one year.

Reaction Score
I remember after the Sponge Rubber fire a Newsweek article described Shelton as "a drab little mill town squatting on the banks of the Housatonic River"

That fire was before my time; but I remember the River Restaurant explosion and the fire in the factory on the Derby side of the river. I could here the transformers blowing up from my house. My fiends and I walked to cemetery off of North Street and watched it.

Reaction Score
I went to a a Derby Shelton game once ( I was a Shelton Fan) and six of Derby's starters were relatives of mine. The valley was sort of like Ky it seemed everyone was related.

It's the Valley, everyone is related ;)

Reaction Score
Yep good description. That's my town. It was those mills and similar ones in Derby and Ansonia that gave the children of the children of European immigrants a chance at the American Dream.
Two generations from peasants with no future to Bank presidents,university presidents,CPA's ,Teachers, lawyers and Engineers. It was this quest for something better that played a roll in the demise of those mills. Those same Children of immigrants from the greatest generation comprised the labor force that's was second to none and irreplaceable.
Thanks Dad

Reaction Score

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score

A huge personality behind the plate. When he was the Ump there was no doubt who was in charge. During a HS baseball game with another valley town, when the Captains met ,he knew every guys name. He actually did a kind of formal introduction . I guess he felt if we were treated like gentlemen we would act like gentlemen. He obviously did his homework.

Pop was a great man! If memory serves he was elected as the #1 Fanatic in the country by ESPN? back in the day. Had one of his girls in my graduating class in Ansonia High, this was back in the day when we were known as the "Lavender" and rarely beat Derby. Once we changed our nickname the teams performed better and the football dynasty began

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Yep good description. That's my town. It was those mills and similar ones in Derby and Ansonia that gave the children of the children of European immigrants a chance at the American Dream.
Two generations from peasants with no future to Bank presidents,university presidents,CPA's ,Teachers, lawyers and Engineers. It was this quest for something better that played a roll in the demise of those mills. Those same Children of immigrants from the greatest generation comprised the labor force that's was second to none and irreplaceable.
Thanks Dad

My grandfather emigrated from Poland and worked at Star Pin on Canal Street. The story goes that when a machine broke, and Star Pin couldn't replace it, my granpa helped buy a new one and, when it came on the rails, he helped take it off the train and then set it up in the factory. Today, I live in the same house he did.

It's ironic, as kids we couldn't wait for the day we could leave the Valley. I did and then I came back. Shelton was a great place to grow up and it's still a great place to raise a family. Taxes are low too!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thanks Dad
Post of the week.

Reaction Score
My grandfather emigrated from Poland and worked at Star Pin on Canal Street. The story goes that when a machine broke, and Star Pin couldn't replace it, my granpa helped buy a new one and, when it came on the rails, he helped take it off the train and then set it up in the factory. Today, I live in the same house he did.

It's ironic, as kids we couldn't wait for the day we could leave the Valley. I did and then I came back. Shelton was a great place to grow up and it's still a great place to raise a family. Taxes are low too!

Agree that Shelton is still a good place to raise a family. I loved my old 'every kid on the street playing all the time' neighborhood in Derby; but, sadly, I would never send my kids to Derby public (or Ansonia) schools today.

Reaction Score
We certainly Hijacked this tread
Then again the most important thing here is a tweet by a WV bootlegger contradicting an earlier tweet of his.
This crime is more like a mercy killing.

Reaction Score
We certainly Hijacked this tread
Then again the most important thing here is a tweet by a WV bootlegger contradicting an earlier tweet of his.
This crime is more like a mercy killing.

There was a recent ranking released (seriously) of the 10 dumbest states in the country. WV was ranked as the dumbest. As far as conferences go the breakdown was this:

SEC 6
B1G 1
Big 12 - 2
MWC 1

OK (Tulsa) and LA (Tulane) are on the list but I counted them for the other conferences...because I can. :)

Reaction Score
There was a recent ranking released (seriously) of the 10 dumbest states in the country. WV was ranked as the dumbest. As far as conferences go the breakdown was this:

SEC 6
B1G 1
Big 12 - 2
MWC 1

OK (Tulsa) and LA (Tulane) are on the list but I counted them for the other conferences...because I can. :)
You must be an accountant.

Reaction Score
Someone call the cops. We have a major hijacking going on in this thread. ;)
I am sorry, but being a "Valley Boy" was something very special, and made me very successful. It was not an attempt to hijack anything but to try to understand the passion that people here have for UConn. When you come from the Naugatuck Valley, you have passion. It is just so unfortunate that we have to be passive observers in CR. That goes against the way the valley works.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom