Non-Key Tweets | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And this comment would lead you to the conclusion that UConn isn't in the ACC because of the dood.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374807514.152868.jpg

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda13h
UofH fans really think the cougs will be in the new cfb super-league. That will be a cataclysmic meltdown when reality sets in.

Reaction Score
He also says the Big 10 was looking at Boise State. I'm almost glad I read his timeline. It's pretty hilarious.

:D Really. Boise State to the B1G? I have a question for The Dude of WV ...

Mr-Hand-1.jpg

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda4h
UofH booster told me their AD Rhoades is saying more realignment will happen before the new cfb division is created.

Reaction Score
UofH was highly spoken of by at least one SEC official. I do think very large urban public schools do have a future.

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda2h
Word from Bellmont in Austin is that the power 5 are making it clear to ND that they join a conf for fball or stay in inferior division.

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda2h
@SenatorRJames Hearing it from too many places. Regardless of what Bowlsby/Dodds say now, B12 won't be at 10 when new cfb division begins.

Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda1h
@SenatorRJames I've heard UCF/USF, I've heard BYU/Boise St.....I've heard those 4 plus UCONN & Cinci. I just don't know.....

Reaction Score
If the B12 takes the Florida directionals, they might as well grab Cincy and Uconn. They would gain east coast relevance and NY/New England viewership along with a foothold in Ohio recruiting grounds. Add that with the bball strength of UConn and Cincy and it is a pretty strong product.

I don't see us in the B12 but if the B12 goes east, they should add UConn. It's a no brainer to take such a strong brand that sits right in the heart of ACC/B1G territory.

Reaction Score
The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV7h
The Big 12 is discussing expansion again. Guess who the possible candidates are?

The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV6h
No decisions have been made. No discussions are final but the 2 I would bet on are Cincinnati and either USF or BYU.

The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV6h
@HemUnit 12 I hear is the only number being discussed for 2014-2015,

Reaction Score
It will be cincy AND USF...
AAC will get umass and so miss.

Only saving grace is this hasn't been right yet...

pj

Reaction Score
If the B12 takes the Florida directionals, they might as well grab Cincy and Uconn. They would gain east coast relevance and NY/New England viewership along with a foothold in Ohio recruiting grounds. Add that with the bball strength of UConn and Cincy and it is a pretty strong product.

I don't see us in the B12 but if the B12 goes east, they should add UConn. It's a no brainer to take such a strong brand that sits right in the heart of ACC/B1G territory.

I think if they go to 14 or more, they will take UConn. If they go to 12, UCF/USF really cuts down on travel, and gets two big markets and a great football recruiting territory. They may view UConn alone in the northeast and Cincy with WV in the eastern Midwest as not enough critical mass to really gain mindshare.

It also depends on whether they start valuing basketball, which they might. If they emphasize football only in the expansion, which would be UCF/USF, and the D4 concept happens and basketball revenue rises in salience, they could find themselves the least lucrative conference and basketball schools like Kansas might get itchy for a B1G invite. If that's the situation, they may want UConn to help keep Kansas.

pj

Reaction Score
If we lose Cincy and USF, AAC should stay at 10 teams. What a mistake it was to go to 12. There would have been more money per school at 8 or 9 teams playing a round robin schedule.

Reaction Score
If we lose Cincy and USF, AAC should stay at 10 teams. What a mistake it was to go to 12. There would have been more money per school at 8 or 9 teams playing a round robin schedule.

No so sure that we can lose those two and go with 10. Wish we could lose Tulane and Tulsa instead.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
If we lose Cincy and USF, then we go independent in football and find a home for all other sports. There is no other way to save our market value. Two years in that conference alone would destroy us. We can schedule football games against the dregs of society we have now anyway. Thank goodness WV is always wrong. The only thing that scares me is that if you throw that much against the wall something is going to stick eventually.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
If we lose Cincy and USF, then we go independent in football and find a home for all other sports. There is no other way to save our market value. Two years in that conference alone would destroy us. We can schedule football games against the dregs of society we have now anyway. Thank goodness WV is always wrong. The only thing that scares me is that if you throw that much against the wall something is going to stick eventually.
If we lose Cincy and USF I may just lose my lunch. That would make every 2003 BE addition fron C-USA a winner and UConn, UConn, the only loser. In in the hell did this all happen? Even DePaul and Marquette made out with a better deal. My goodness!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Referring to the Golden Rule of CR (if it can go wrong for UConn, it will) I am a little concerned the Big 12 could move and leave us out. In that case going independent is a MUST, even if we have to get 2 for 1's or one-offs. When you break it down playing a couple pay check games at quality opponents would put us in a better spot than the AAC tv deal :(

Reaction Score
Referring to the Golden Rule of CR (if it can go wrong for UConn, it will) I am a little concerned the Big 12 could move and leave us out. In that case going independent is a MUST, even if we have to get 2 for 1's or one-offs. When you break it down playing a couple pay check games at quality opponents would put us in a better spot than the AAC tv deal :(

Paycheck games are where its at in that scenario. Frankly, I would probably just play the AAC schedule and play paycheck games. Have a tough schedule and spend all our money on coaches and marketing. It would be the last ditch effort to stave off certain death.

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda4h
Talk in Austin is that the 5 power conf.s go to 16. 80 total teams = top tier for cfb. Best bet for B12: BYU, Boise, UCF, USF, UConn & Cinci

Reaction Score
  1. The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV1h
  2. Pitt is very close to Wake. So pencil Pitt back to the AAC for football.
  1. The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV1h
    @desrochers_ben Yes to both. Wake may not make the cut to continue in the ACC.
The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV1h
@desrochers_ben Remember this is in the planning stage. Everything can and will change.

@desrochers_ben The working plan is to allow football only members allowing a few current members to drop down & remain in conf.

I dare any ACC fan to tell me Pitt & Cuse were added for football since Pitt (for sure) & Cuse are likely not to go D4.

Based on purely on the numbers its Syracuse, not Duke, that looks like the 3rd ACC team not willing to make the jump.

Reaction Score
That makes no sense. If all 5 conferences have to go to 16 no way the big 12 gets the six best available

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Let's play along that this scenario has more than a snowball's chance in hell. These five would be the ones that the Big 12 would want, assuming all other P5 teams aren't doable. Does it mean they'd get them all? No. If all five conferences went to 16 without poaching from one another (and even if they did), I cannot fathom how among the three available spots in the B1G and ACC - assuming ND goes full - they would find three other viable options. UCF and USF probably would prefer the Big 12, the B1G isn't touching Boise or BYU, and would be hard-pressed to justify Cincinnati and their repetitive market and woeful academics.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well the dude has his out. Everything can and will change. So when nothing he says comes true - but let's him troll Pitt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom