Non-Key Tweets | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nope like the one they didn't get so trips out to Morgantown suck for them.

No network is forking over 20+ million for the purpose of a travel partner.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No network is forking over 20+ million for the purpose of a travel partner.
Unless of course that travel partner is located in a significant DMA. Both USF and UCF are.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Unless of course that travel partner is located in a significant DMA. Both USF and UCF are.

So are Tulane, Temple, SMU and Houston. They all share something similar with USF and UCF. Few in the DMA give a damn about them.

It's 50+ million a year for two teams that have nowhere near that value. I don't remember which Big 10 president said it recently but it's the part that these crazy theories miss: The conferences are looking for schools that make the conference better - they aren't looking to use the conference to make schools better.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
USF or UCF, not both, would be picked for one reason. Recruits can be told they will play at least two games in front if the home crowd.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Their opinion is different.

Rutgers makes the Big10 Network better.

Rutgers does not make the Big10 Athletic Conference better.

Maybe it's just semantics, but I think there is a clear distinction between the two.

Same could be said for Colorado and to a lesser extent Maryland.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Maybe it's just semantics, but I think there is a clear distinction between the two.

They don't draw a distinction between the two.

Colorado will be fine.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
They don't draw a distinction between the two.

Colorado will be fine.

Fair enough.

Not sure I'm buying on Colorado though. Seems like they've been pretty bad for about a decade and being isolated with no rivals doesn't make me think they're going to turn it around soon.

Reaction Score
I don't remember which Big 10 president said it recently but it's the part that these crazy theories miss: The conferences are looking for schools that make the conference better - they aren't looking to use the conference to make schools better.

A quote attributed to Jim Delany by former Purdue Coach Tiller:
"Delany said: ‘You know, the presidents have told me we’re not going to add a university to our conference unless that university makes us a better conference. We’re not in the business of making it a better university,”
http://www.jconline.com/article/201...-still-unafraid-speak-his-mind?nclick_check=1

How do additions to date benefit B1G?
Penn State: Football brand with national following.
Nebraska: Football brand with national following.
Rutgers: The theory - provides access for the B1G to showcase B1G brands- Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State - in New York City market as well as further recruit New Jersey plus another B1G school in AAU.
Maryland: The theory - provides access for the B1G to showcase B1G brands- Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State - in Washington DC market as well as further recruit Maryland plus another B1G school in AAU.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
"Delany said: ‘You know, the presidents have told me we’re not going to add a university to our conference unless that university makes us a better conference. We’re not in the business of making it a better university,”
http://www.jconline.com/article/201...-still-unafraid-speak-his-mind?nclick_check=1

Rutgers: The theory - provides access for the B1G to showcase B1G brands- Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State - in New York City market as well as further recruit New Jersey plus another B1G school in AAU.
Maryland: The theory - provides access for the B1G to showcase B1G brands- Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State - in Washington DC market as well as further recruit Maryland plus another B1G school in AAU.

Rutgers and Maryland allow them to charge cable subscribers for the BTN.

Maryland gave them the chance to jar North Carolina loose from the ACC.

Reaction Score

@Why the exception for Md?Don't say hoop's unless you wait 2 years..that drought is gonna be over if your following!?!

Reaction Score
Unless your name is Rutgers.

Rutgers is fine..I'll leave it at that!It's not like the
BE who tried to jam us with Villanova or Tulane FB?We wouldn't be in if we didn't fit or belong!

Reaction Score
Really the only reason Mds in is RU!!RU was slated in "10"..promises were made and work was done 4 yrs in the making!!

Rutgers was the #14 to Maryland, not the other way around.

Reaction Score
Rutgers was the #14 to Maryland, not the other way around.

@READ:concession,RU already knew they were in...awaiting Mds or other partner!!I 'll concede that but really RU was jumped by Neb when promise's (talks) started!RU would have been #12 if Neb didn't become available!Would you concede #15 to Mizzou?

Reaction Score
@READ:concession,RU already knew they were in...awaiting Mds or other partner!!I 'll concede that but really RU was jumped by Neb when promise's (talks) started!RU would have been #12 if Neb didn't become available!Would you concede #15 to Mizzou?

Schiano was so distraught he took the TB job in "12" not willing to wait much longer ...few months later ND opens everything up again or Mds acceptance!In CR you need perseverance and luck!Timing all about timing!

Reaction Score

If Neb didn't jump at #12 I'm pretty sure the smart money was on Missouri taking that spot. I know that the Big Ten had talks with Rutgers (as well as bunch of other schools including Maryland) since 2010 but nothing I read the past 3 years suggests that Rutgers would've been the shoe-in that you're claiming they were.

You're right that Rutgers finished negotiations with Big Ten before Maryland but if Maryland backed out last second the Big Ten probably would've broken off the deal with Rutgers as well rather than sit on Rutgers and hunt for a #14.

Anyway, it's all moot now that Rutgers is in.

Reaction Score
If Neb didn't jump at #12 I'm pretty sure the smart money was on Missouri taking that spot. I know that the Big Ten had talks with Rutgers (as well as bunch of other schools including Maryland) since 2010 but nothing I read the past 3 years suggests that Rutgers would've been the shoe-in that you're claiming they were.

You're right that Rutgers finished negotiations with Big Ten before Maryland but if Maryland backed out last second the Big Ten probably would've broken off the deal with Rutgers as well rather than sit on Rutgers and hunt for a #14.

Anyway, it's all moot now that Rutgers is in.

Nebraska wasn't in the picture until they heard the B1G survey study but RU was already in 3 yr talks at that point!Missouri was never in the picture but should have been!They played chicken in CR and lost!(if SEC is considered a loss?)..d'pends how you look at it!We can leave it at that its all speculation now as you said!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Connecticut: The theory - improves access for the B1G to showcase B1G brands- Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State - in New York City market and extends that reach up the Northeast Corridor to Boston. Decent population numbers between Fairfield County's share of the NYC DMA and the New Haven/Hartford DMA brings immediate revenue to the conference by extending BTN premium fees. Immediately improves B1G men's basketball by adding a three time national champion with a hot young coach. Immediately bolsters B1G hockey ambitions by adding another squad. Immediately makes women's basketball relevant by adding the Huskies, "the gold standard in woman's basketball." Adds quality content to the BTN across many sports including men's soccer (2x national champion) and men's baseball as well as track and field.

Reaction Score
Connecticut: The theory - improves access for the B1G to showcase B1G brands- Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State - in New York City market and extends that reach up the Northeast Corridor to Boston. Decent population numbers between Fairfield County's share of the NYC DMA and the New Haven/Hartford DMA brings immediate revenue to the conference by extending BTN premium fees. Immediately improves B1G men's basketball by adding a three time national champion with a hot young coach. Immediately bolsters B1G hockey ambitions by adding another squad. Immediately makes women's basketball relevant by adding the Huskies, "the gold standard in woman's basketball." Adds quality content to the BTN across many sports including men's soccer (2x national champion) and men's baseball as well as track and field.

Great post CL82. This is an excellent presentation, in my opinion, of the benefit UConn would bring to the B1G.

Since “there's one school everyone pretty much everyone can agree got a raw deal in the past two years, it's Connecticut”, then the conversation should not stop but be continued about how UConn belongs in a power conference. My hope for all of you and what I think you should demand is that Manuel and Herbst, in fact, not be “done” and advocate on behalf of UConn moving to a power conference.

My perspective is that UConn would bring value to the B1G for the reasons that you indicated. My hope for you is that Delany et al. will eventually agree that UConn will bring this value to the B1G and accept your application to the B1G. The pursuit of AAU membership by UConn is absolutely vital though to move forward. AAU membership is, in essence, the key to opening the B1G door. It will not be easy but if the UConn leadership is as passionate about the university and its future like all of you, then it can be done.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Great post CL82. This is an excellent presentation, in my opinion, of the benefit UConn would bring to the B1G.

Since “there's one school everyone pretty much everyone can agree got a raw deal in the past two years, it's Connecticut”, then the conversation should not stop but be continued about how UConn belongs in a power conference. My hope for all of you and what I think you should demand is that Manuel and Herbst, in fact, not be “done” and advocate on behalf of UConn moving to a power conference.

My perspective is that UConn would bring value to the B1G for the reasons that you indicated. My hope for you is that Delany et al. will eventually agree that UConn will bring this value to the B1G and accept your application to the B1G. The pursuit of AAU membership by UConn is absolutely vital though to move forward. AAU membership is, in essence, the key to opening the B1G door. It will not be easy but if the UConn leadership is as passionate about the university and its future like all of you, then it can be done.

You know, sometimes I just want to kiss this guy.

In a manly kind of way...

Reaction Score
  1. The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV4h
  2. The good news for BYU, Cin, UCONN, USF & UCF is that if they are willing to make the jump they can be football only members in D4.
  1. The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV3h
    @carnot3 The money would be there for the B12 to add BYU & one other in all sports and UCONN in hoops only.

Reaction Score
MH3@MH34h
ACC only conference in the Big5 that has any schools opposed but I'm hearing there are at least 4 and as many as 6 ACC schools against it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom