Non-Key Tweets | Page 635 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Bummer, given that Vegas is often right about these things. But not entirely surprising. I think the geography is just a huge problem. I know we keep acting like it isn't, but what conference (besides the American, which has no choice) has intentionally invited people that far out of their geographic footprint? Nobody. Cause it all adds up.

If we were in Tennessee or Ohio, we'd already be invited. But we aren't. So we just have to hope. But I'm pessimistic.

Then again, maybe I'm using pessimism as a way to avoid keeping my hopes up.

That isn't Vegas that's just two dudes with a website. There's no actual betting lines on this.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bummer, given that Vegas is often right about these things. But not entirely surprising. I think the geography is just a huge problem. I know we keep acting like it isn't, but what conference (besides the American, which has no choice) has intentionally invited people that far out of their geographic footprint? Nobody. Cause it all adds up.

If we were in Tennessee or Ohio, we'd already be invited. But we aren't. So we just have to hope. But I'm pessimistic.

Then again, maybe I'm using pessimism as a way to avoid keeping my hopes up.
All the odds tells us is that they need to incentivize people to pick UConn (or think that they do.) It doesn't mean that they have inside info.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
A reliable source tells me that UC has enough votes for admission to the Big 12 even with WVU in opposition. Caution... still early.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
So let's close the books on UC and pencil them in as #11.

ESPN/Fox want BYU as part of any expansion. BYU doesn't have much leverage. They must address Big 12 concerns effectively.

Here's what I think. So take notes so Flugar won't be confused.

Networks are basically picking the 4 for the Big 12 to add with some contingencies. BYU must ease the concerns of B12 presidents.

Reaction Score
Oh. Well, that's a relief, haha.

Good lord. Even if it was Vegas, the line is based on what bettors will think. There aren't university presidents betting on this in vegas, so it doesn't represent anything but the fans' perception.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good lord. Even if it was Vegas, the line is based on what bettors will think. There aren't university presidents betting on this in vegas, so it doesn't represent anything but the fans' perception.
Or the house's sense of fans' impressions, at least until there is some traffic on the opening line.

Reaction Score
At least in Vegas the bookmakers are actually knowledgeable as hell and follow the sports they set lines on. Doesn't seem like these guys have done more than follow the Dude's tweets if they think USF has a 10-1 shot.

Reaction Score
image.png

Reaction Score
He also covered himself by saying Fox approved everybody

He was saying those were "network approved" schools. Everything this guys says is horse . But it gives us that warm and cozy feeling we need after we read another tweet that says "BYU, UC, UH and Memphis"

This needs to end already....my data usage is through the roof!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
At least in Vegas the bookmakers are actually knowledgeable as hell and follow the sports they set lines on. Doesn't seem like these guys have done more than follow the Dude's tweets if they think USF has a 10-1 shot.

USF is 10-1 because there is a ton of vig. The prop is the NEXT team so it's pretty much going to be graded as straight garbage.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with 'Vegas' and is some garbage offshore book.

Reaction Score
Here is the matt murschel tweet:

Odds on which team will join Big 12 next per @BettingDime:
BYU: 5/3
UH: 5/2
UC: 5/2
UCF: 3/1
Memphis: 7/1
UConn: 8/1
Colo. St: 8/1
USF: 10/1

Reaction Score
MHver3 ‏@MHver3 22m22 minutes ago
Fox wants to get it done quickly before there is more public backlash against BYU. That could complicate things.

I get it. Fox wants to make sure they've got a contract signed with BYU before the next ugly news breaks. Because you definitely want to buy in on something when there's an imminent risk of it going down in value.

Reaction Score
If this is true, then why would they wait any longer to announce it?

Cause it's not true? For anything other than rumors please consult the "Premium Top Shelf Tweets"

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
‏@ 22m22 minutes ago
Fox wants to get it done quickly before there is more public backlash against BYU. That could complicate things.

I get it. Fox wants to make sure they've got a contract signed with BYU before the next ugly news breaks. Because you definitely want to buy in on something when there's an imminent risk of it going down in value.

It's the number one rule of PR - you want to get in front of the train.

Reaction Score
Cause it's not true? For anything other than rumors please consult the "Premium Top Shelf Tweets"

That's the exact point I was making. If it were actually true it would have been announced, or scheduled to announce in the next day or so.

Reaction Score
That's the exact point I was making. If it were actually true it would have been announced, or scheduled to announce in the next day or so.

I know...in the mean time what would we talk about tho?!?

I don't know about you guys....but I have a fresh 30 pack in the fridge ready to celebrate or drink my conference realignment sorrows away! I'm praying for celebration! Might even go to church and pray this week?

Reaction Score
For anyone on Facebook looking for a little realignment entertainment....check out "The College Football Expansion Cohort" It's a closed group but you'll be added if you request.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom