Non-Key Tweets | Page 634 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Minimizing UConn, as usual.

Not understanding TV value, as usual.

Again, he never seems to get it, but it is NOT just about UConn's incremental value in a vacuum. Can bringing the conference to all of the eyeballs in the northeast expand value for all members? YES.

It is amazing how self-contradictory he is within a single set of tweets. He suggests that fans overemphasize their programs potential as a P5 member, while conferences judge based on the current numbers. Then proclaims CSU the favorite for spot #14 because of they are the only program that could potentially dominate their market, which is entirely unsupported by the current numbers.

Reaction Score
It is amazing how self-contradictory he is within a single set of tweets. He suggests that fans overemphasize their programs potential as a P5 member, while conferences judge based on the current numbers. Then proclaims CSU the favorite for spot #14 because of they are the only program that could potentially dominate their market, which is entirely unsupported by the current numbers.
Could everyone agree to not post his nonsense on this board - it would likely let us all keep our blood pressure in better check.

Reaction Score
Well his letter to BYU, if that doesn't speak to his self-promotional awareness I don't know what does.

Reaction Score
Could everyone agree to not post his nonsense on this board - it would likely let us all keep our blood pressure in better check.

Here in the dregs of Non-Key Tweets? We can't even stop people from posting dumb comments in Platinum Top-Shelf Tweets, and you think we're gonna get people to stop quoting Twitter dummies here? This is like the Dark Web of The Boneyard. Anything goes. No tweet too dumb, no picture too horrifying for someone to use it as their new avatar, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
I think the antenna reception on the dud's hillside lair must be out. He doesn't seem to realize that wv is so far away from all the other schools in that conference they have no future if a north division is not formed.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
the dude blocked me on twitter after he said UConn cant deliver their own market and I called him an idiot. Talk about sensitive
He is quick at that

Reaction Score

Agreed - ides my blood boils when I read excrement about how UConn unfavorably compares to some these glorified community colleges.
the dude blocked me on twitter after he said UConn cant deliver their own market and I called him an idiot. Talk about sensitive

and around here being called an "idiot" is considered a term of endearment...

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
BYU's Honor Code forbids 'homosexual behavior.' That's a Big 12 expansion issue.
Although I've defended BYU on religious liberty grounds....they will need to change Honor Code for B12 admittance.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
It's Big 12 who decides their associations.
BYU Honor Code as currently written does not bode well for admittance

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 55m55 minutes ago
@Jerry__Hale @SBNation
What will need to change in H. Code is different levels of "public intimacy" allowed by different S.orientations.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 53m53 minutes ago
@TyOrmond
Allowed Public showing of intimacy is different among different sexual orientations per BYU Honor Code.
B12 will ask for change

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 50m50 minutes ago
@CameronFelt
I have respect for BYU
But for admittance into B12..to be accepted by B12 Presidents a change will need to happen in H. code

Gary Clark ‏@GoCSURams · 48m48 minutes ago
@GoRamsGo @flugempire If BYU is not given a BIG12 invitation, does that harm CSU's chances? Are CSU & BYU looked at together or separate?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@GoCSURams @GoRamsGo
No idea.
Honestly.
No idea.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 44m44 minutes ago
BTM and I are having our quarterly meeting/dinner/sushi this Saturday, August 13...he comes into town on Friday.
Send me questions.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 43m43 minutes ago
Of course the BYU/Big 12 angle will be asked..along with B12 EXP.
ASU/MN St HCKY to NCHC will be explored as well.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 42m42 minutes ago
@MrSmitty0712 @CincyP5orbust @Jerry__Hale
Sunday play is not a minor issue...and an issue B12 should work around if it wants to add value.

BostonCoug ‏@BostonCoug · 43m43 minutes ago
@flugempire
live and let live. Why can't both sides respect each other's beliefs w/o trying to bury the other?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@BostonCoug
I would agree...in a vacuum.
But this is about B12 decision on future associations.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 37m37 minutes ago
@Jerry__Hale @MrSmitty0712
Much respect.
Admittance to B12 may not be worth it to BYU...if core values are undermined.

Tom McDougall ‏@Tom1536 · 38m38 minutes ago
@flugempire
Still think Big XII EXP will be wrapped up by Friday? #UConnBig12

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@Tom1536
No.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 31m31 minutes ago
If...and I only say IF BYU is no longer a viable candidate to B12...
...huge blow to potential future growth/value for Big 12.

Brian A ‏@BriUConn · 28m28 minutes ago
@flugempire If BYU out, I assume 14 is out the window. Right or wrong?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@Briuconn
I have no idea.
Dinner with BTM on Saturday night will be interesting...my goodness.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 27m27 minutes ago
@Bearcatboyd23
Regardless of what happens in B12 EXP a reshuffling of B12 will happen in 2024...another loss of high value assets/schools.

Reaction Score
BYU's religious issues will keep it out of the PAC-12 as well. It would be alot to ask them to change their honor code. Who knows how this will impact the B12 expansion.

If in 2024 there will be major changes, it would be insane for schools like WVU, KSU, and others not to invite a team like UConn. If nothing else, it is safety in numbers. With GOR extension signed, 2024 will be D-day.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here in the dregs of Non-Key Tweets? We can't even stop people from posting dumb comments in Platinum Top-Shelf Tweets, and you think we're gonna get people to stop quoting Twitter dummies here? This is like the Dark Web of The Boneyard. Anything goes. No tweet too dumb, no picture too horrifying for someone to use it as their new avatar, unfortunately.
True, though I think that the Cesspool is the Boneyard's 'dark web.'

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
The cesspool is the keep your hands inside the ride, hold your date close, you paid for a ticket and know what to expect, boneyard house of horrors. Non-key tweets is wandering unawares, through an unmarked cave entrance, to the truly frightening underground levels.

Reaction Score
Since Baylor already has an issue with gays (Griner) there seems to be an abundance of religious affiliated schools in Tx. TCU Baylor and SMU although in a difference conference. I don't know how these other schools view this issue. It seems to me since BYU has an honor code they probably feel very strong about this issue, enough to give up a chance at P5 who knows.

Reaction Score

Agree. Ft. Collins, which is not a name brand in any college sport, is 65 miles away from Denver, the nearest major metro to it and U Colorado is right in between the two. Yet, CSU would dominate the Denver market. But, UConn is only 80 miles to Boston and 140 miles to NYC, is a major sports brand in basketball, and there are no major programs between UConn and those two cities (sorry BC), and UConn has no impact on either market. Sure...

Reaction Score
Agree. Ft. Collins, which is not a name brand in any college sport, is 65 miles away from Denver, the nearest major metro to it and U Colorado is right in between the two. Yet, CSU would dominate the Denver market. But, UConn is only 80 miles to Boston and 140 miles to NYC, is a major sports brand in basketball, and there are no major programs between UConn and those two cities (sorry BC), and UConn has no impact on either market. Sure...
It's not even worth discussing the Colorado State argument he makes it's so insane. That's not to say CSU isn't a viable candidate, but it's not because they have and can grow to be the #1 school in Denver.

Reaction Score
@DanWolken
Sports Betting Dime just sent a PR e-mail with tons of college football prop bets including...Big 12 expansion

@DanWolken
According to that site, next team to join Big 12 is: BYU (5/3), Houston (5/2), Cincy (5/2), UCF (3/1), Memphis (7/1), UConn (8/1)

Reaction Score
UCF and Memphis should be 100/1. Zero chance they are added. The whole thing is becoming a joke.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If you get in to the Big12, it would be wise not to close this CR board. I get a sneaking suspicion that it may be needed again in about eight years or so.

God, I hope so. It really stinks we're not AAU. It's mine and I think 99% of UConn fans' dreams to get into the B1G one day. Good football, good hoops, hockey, tradition, stability, excellent peer universities, and intelligent fans (for the most part) that know a thing or two about each other. These last few months of 'UConn 101' with B12 fans and candidate fans has taken its toll and beaten me and others down.

But I'd still chop off a limb or two to get in it and that makes me mad.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If UCONN gets in the Big 12, you will still hate it. It is the soap opera that never ends, and nobody ever agrees on anything.

That's my point! Constant fighting. Daily press conferences that contradict each other. Report from the "Texas media" that say one thing; reports from the "Oklahoma media" that say the complete opposite. Encouraging this open forum of fans and schools insulting each other over social media (and I'm sure other places too). Nobody can make a decision because God forbid we hurt Texas' feelings. Or OU's feelings. Or Governor Abbott's feelings. And almost every B12 fan or B12 candidate fan I encounter couldn't tell me or anyone the first thing of what UConn delivers or anyone other than their favorite school delivers. All there is are these preconceived notions based on an opinion formed back in 1993 and that's that.

Honestly, the Big 12 makes the old Big East look good. I get the impression that all of this hoopla is just a media thing to keep the conference name ahead of the other power conferences that have stability and networks. There will be no expansion. Or if there is expansion - it will be 100% what Texas wants, then OU leaves in a few years, and UT follows them a year later, and every other B12 school is left holding a flaming bag.

Good Lord. Just make a decision already so we can all move forward or on. I hate the Big 12.

Reaction Score
I look it it this... if we are fortunate enough to get invited to the B12, we have 7+/- years to make the most of it, sustain or improve our Olympic sport which are already first rates, improve in FB 'perception', continue to improve in academic ratings, and get into the AAU. UConn will be a much more attractive option during the next round of CR (and there will be a next round where the P5 becomes the P4) as a B12 program as opposed to an AAC (or whatever is left of it come 2025.). Getting into the B12 just gives us a bigger tank of oxygen to keep us breathing longer.

Reaction Score
C. Austin Cox ‏@C_Austin_Cox 4h4 hours ago
ESPN's PR blitz to paint the Big 12 as Big East 2.0 begins. Talking about Oklahoma to the SEC serves one purpose.

Would Oklahoma be better off in SEC?

Jay Poole ‏@JayPoole247 3h3 hours ago
@C_Austin_Cox @espn Oklahoma would go to the Big Ten long before it goes to the SEC. Too much $$$ outside of athletics in the B1G to ignore

C. Austin Cox ‏@C_Austin_Cox 3h3 hours ago
@JayPoole247 @espn Have felt for a long time it would be OU/KU to the B1G if they can cut KSU/OSU loose. OU/KU continue B1G bordering states

Cujo ‏@Big12Cujo 4h4 hours ago
@C_Austin_Cox Isn't West Virginia the only school from the Big East that the Big 12 has? wouldn't the ACC be Big East 2.0?

C. Austin Cox ‏@C_Austin_Cox 3h3 hours ago
@Big12Cujo You're thinking too literal. Big East 2.0 refers to how the network portrays the league as weak and that the big names must leave

Cujo ‏@Big12Cujo 3h3 hours ago
@C_Austin_Cox Oh Ok, So basically the networks want to destroy it like they did the Big East?

C. Austin Cox ‏@C_Austin_Cox 1h1 hour ago
Those complaining that Big 12 expansion is just a cash grab must think sports are run by UNICEF. It's a business. Cash grabbing is the point

GREG SW AIM ‏@GSw aim 3h3 hours ago
LGBT group pushing Bowlsby and #Big12 not to invite #BYU is the same group that got the #NBA All-Star game pulled out of North Carolina.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 7h7 hours ago
My source is telling me that there was a major breakthrough in network negotiations last night and B12 is very close to moving forward.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 1h1 hour ago
Should have a full update later tonight but was just told it looks like networks have reached an agreement with the Big12

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 12 or 14?

@MurrDCU looking like 14

Brian A ‏@BriUConn 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 4 or 2 schools

@BriUConn looks like 4

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@DanWolken
Sports Betting Dime just sent a PR e-mail with tons of college football prop bets including...Big 12 expansion

@DanWolken
According to that site, next team to join Big 12 is: BYU (5/3), Houston (5/2), Cincy (5/2), UCF (3/1), Memphis (7/1), UConn (8/1)

Bummer, given that Vegas is often right about these things. But not entirely surprising. I think the geography is just a huge problem. I know we keep acting like it isn't, but what conference (besides the American, which has no choice) has intentionally invited people that far out of their geographic footprint? Nobody. Cause it all adds up.

If we were in Tennessee or Ohio, we'd already be invited. But we aren't. So we just have to hope. But I'm pessimistic.

Then again, maybe I'm using pessimism as a way to avoid keeping my hopes up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom