Non-Key Tweets | Page 633 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So they should kick Baylor out while they are at it right?
I'm sure that thought has crossed the minds of quite a few in leadership positions throughout the B-12.

Reaction Score
UH trying to brown nose, and shows off their academic "greatness" at the same time

GREAT NEWS! #LGBTQ history is now lovingly persevered at @UHoustionLib

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
UH trying to brown nose, and shows off their academic "greatness" at the same time

Talk about unbelievable timing... the fact that someone for Houston Social Media created this post and chose to release it at this time...

I do work in social media. Timing like this isn't an accident. They had this post ready to go.

Reaction Score
Talk about unbelievable timing... the fact that someone for Houston Social Media created this post and chose to release it at this time...

I do work in social media. Timing like this isn't an accident. They had this post ready to go.

To be fair the link is from August 1st. The tweet timing is convenient, but that could just be a staffer on point.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 13m13 minutes ago
ESPN/Fox would rather the B12 not expand. 12 is understandable & justifiable. They accept that. 14 not so much.

But guess what ESPN/Fox value most in any probable Big 12 expansion? Actual TV ratings for football.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 12m12 minutes ago
That's why both ESPN/Fox are pushing BYU. UH is also acceptable to ESPN/Fox.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 11m11 minutes ago
TV ratings are the only way the networks can offset the additional money the Big 12 gets for expansion.

(and ESPN can save the BYU money).

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 30m30 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV obviously someone is champion Cincy. McMurphy had them as the early leader in the Clubhouse when you said BYU was all but in...

@Mike_ohio26 Yes. BYU is still all but in... Unless they blow it.

@Mike_ohio26 Mike, just because WVU doesn't want UC doesn't mean it won't happen.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 10m10 minutes ago
@Mike_ohio26 WVU will try & trade a vote for UH to UT & TT in return for a no vote on UC.

@Mike_ohio26 The outcome is tbd. That's why I list UC as #13.

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 1m1 minute ago
@theDudeofWV sure it's tbd by the Big 12 but I'll stay with what I've consistently said you under valuing UC and over valuing BYU.

Reaction Score
So they should kick Baylor out while they are at it right?
I would have a long time ago simply for attempting to interfere with a murder investigation to protect a MBB player's eligibility. That school can't seem to stay out of trouble, or controversy, for very long.

Reaction Score
ESPN/Fox would rather the B12 not expand. 12 is understandable & justifiable. They accept that. 14 not so much.

But guess what ESPN/Fox value most in any probable Big 12 expansion? Actual TV ratings for football.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 12m12 minutes ago
That's why both ESPN/Fox are pushing BYU. UH is also acceptable to ESPN/Fox.

TV ratings are the only way the networks can offset the additional money the Big 12 gets for expansion.

(and ESPN can save the BYU money).

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 30m30 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV obviously someone is champion Cincy. McMurphy had them as the early leader in the Clubhouse when you said BYU was all but in...

@Mike_ohio26 Yes. BYU is still all but in... Unless they blow it.

@Mike_ohio26 Mike, just because WVU doesn't want UC doesn't mean it won't happen.

@Mike_ohio26 WVU will try & trade a vote for UH to UT & TT in return for a no vote on UC.

@Mike_ohio26 The outcome is tbd. That's why I list UC as #13.

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 1m1 minute ago
@theDudeofWV sure it's tbd by the Big 12 but I'll stay with what I've consistently said you under valuing UC and over valuing BYU.
The Dude is a lunatic with delusions of grandeur. I can't wait for this to be over just to never have to hear his name again.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
Fans make the mistake of focusing on the strengths of their program & perceived improvement as a member of the P5.

But conferences don't give goodwill valuations. A program is judged on its numbers.

Just one area of weakness can be devastating.

BYU has honor code/LBGT issues that threaten their pole position. They must satisfy B12 leadership those areas are fixed.

Every program has its warts.

So what does the B12 need if the money is the same regardless?

The B12 needs: 1. Programs that enhance/do not degrade the football reputation of the conference.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 60m60 minutes ago
2. Fit within the Big 12 culture with similar facilities & commitment to football.

3. Enhance (or do not detract from) the academic reputation of the conference.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 59m59 minutes ago
4. Show the potential/commitment to grow the football program & become a market leader.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 58m58 minutes ago
5. Expand the footprint of the conference for recruiting & potential network down the line.

6. Are acceptable to the Big 12's TV partners.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 57m57 minutes ago
Realistically you have 5 (6 counting UCF) programs that met those criteria.

So start sorting them out by the programs with the fewest warts.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 55m55 minutes ago
Now give the most weight to TV ratings & the last, say 5 years, of football. What order so you have them?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 43m43 minutes ago
I'm over simplifying for the sake of illustration. My point is that very quickly a stratification of candidates emerges.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 41m41 minutes ago
BYU is alone in group A. Group B has UC, UH & UCF. Group C has UCONN, Memphis, CSU. Group F has Tulane.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 36m36 minutes ago
Taking everything in consideration the top 3 are BYU, UC, UH. The next 5 are UCONN, UCF, CSU, Memphis & Tulane.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 34m34 minutes ago
That's just the starting point. Now you have to build a consensus.

UT, OU & ESPN/Fox have more influence than the rest but every vote is important when any 3 votes black balls a school.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 33m33 minutes ago
So now let's look at the motivations for each of the influence peddlers.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 32m32 minutes ago
Texas has enough votes pledged to kill expansion completely. They can make sure that any candidate has 3 no votes.

So UH is assured a spot if the Big 12 expands at all. I know UH doesn't currently have 8 votes. I said that last week. They will.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 31m31 minutes ago
What does OU want from expansion. The money is the same. So what motivates OU. The 15% increase in playoff odds from 12/2 & $ from 14.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 30m30 minutes ago
OU wants the best programs available. That's BYU & UH right now. But OH doesn't want to elevate UH for the same reasons WVU doesn't want UC

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 29m29 minutes ago
So OU's top choices are BYU & UC - in that order.

Texas wants BYU & UH.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 28m28 minutes ago
The networks want the hottest programs with the best TV ratings. If the B12 must expand then BYU is their #1 choice. UH has better # than UC

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 26m26 minutes ago
Obviously some combo of BYU, UH & UC are locks for 11 & 12 or 11-13 if they hit 14.

hristopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 26m26 minutes ago
The wildcard is the issues BYU is having with the Baylor butterfly effect.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 25m25 minutes ago
I'm going to say if BYU isn't part of expansion there is no feasible way the B12 could expand to 14 without ESPN/Fox revolting.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 23m23 minutes ago
With BYU, UH & UC the Big 12 likely okay expanding to 14 with ESPN/Fox after the details are worked out. Who 14 is really doesn't matter.

Either UCONN or UCF are safe bets at 14. But because of WVU I say it's UC or UCF not both.

But my gut says that CSU would be 14. Why?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 21m21 minutes ago
Neither UCONN, UCF or Memphis are ever going to dominate their home markets in football.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 20m20 minutes ago
But CSU has a chance to be the CFB leader in Co/Denver. CSU doesn't have any real warts. They have the highest ceiling of any candidate.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 19m19 minutes ago
So look at the motivations for each current B12 school & ask why do they support expansion? How do they benefit?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 18m18 minutes ago
Are there any issues that would make them support one candidate over another?

I know this too. WVU is far more respected in the B12 than the average fan wants to believe.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 17m17 minutes ago
WVU's Oliver Luck was the 1st B12 rep on the playoff committee & Dr. Gee was on the expansion committee. Gee has considerable clout.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 15m15 minutes ago
So when everything is said & done I think the B12 adds only BYU & UH. Or if they go to 14 it's BYU, UH, UCONN & CSU.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 14m14 minutes ago
Yes I think WVU will find a way to block UC. That's the only reason UC wouldn't make it.

But, despite my prediction, if the B12 adds 4 I don't see any realistic way UC isn't in the top 3 despite WVU's protests.

If the B12 goes to 14 they likely tell WVU if OU can accept UH then you have to accept UC so shut up & be happy counting your money.

Expansion is very simple on one level but it has a ton of complex factors that come into play none more important than self interest.

The SEC & B1G are unified & usually make decisions in the best interest of the conference as a whole.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 8m8 minutes ago
The Big 12 is different. Schools pursue their own agendas first & if the rest of the conf benefits that's just to bad.

Reaction Score
Fans make the mistake of focusing on the strengths of their program & perceived improvement as a member of the P5.

But conferences don't give goodwill valuations. A program is judged on its numbers.

Just one area of weakness can be devastating.

BYU has honor code/LBGT issues that threaten their pole position. They must satisfy B12 leadership those areas are fixed.

Every program has its warts.

So what does the B12 need if the money is the same regardless?

The B12 needs: 1. Programs that enhance/do not degrade the football reputation of the conference.

2. Fit within the Big 12 culture with similar facilities & commitment to football.

3. Enhance (or do not detract from) the academic reputation of the conference.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 59m59 minutes ago
4. Show the potential/commitment to grow the football program & become a market leader.

5. Expand the footprint of the conference for recruiting & potential network down the line.

6. Are acceptable to the Big 12's TV partners.

Realistically you have 5 (6 counting UCF) programs that met those criteria.

So start sorting them out by the programs with the fewest warts.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 55m55 minutes ago
Now give the most weight to TV ratings & the last, say 5 years, of football. What order so you have them?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 43m43 minutes ago
I'm over simplifying for the sake of illustration. My point is that very quickly a stratification of candidates emerges.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 41m41 minutes ago
BYU is alone in group A. Group B has UC, UH & UCF. Group C has UCONN, Memphis, CSU. Group F has Tulane.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 36m36 minutes ago
Taking everything in consideration the top 3 are BYU, UC, UH. The next 5 are UCONN, UCF, CSU, Memphis & Tulane.

That's just the starting point. Now you have to build a consensus.

UT, OU & ESPN/Fox have more influence than the rest but every vote is important when any 3 votes black balls a school.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 33m33 minutes ago
So now let's look at the motivations for each of the influence peddlers.

Texas has enough votes pledged to kill expansion completely. They can make sure that any candidate has 3 no votes.

So UH is assured a spot if the Big 12 expands at all. I know UH doesn't currently have 8 votes. I said that last week. They will.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 31m31 minutes ago
What does OU want from expansion. The money is the same. So what motivates OU. The 15% increase in playoff odds from 12/2 & $ from 14.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 30m30 minutes ago
OU wants the best programs available. That's BYU & UH right now. But OH doesn't want to elevate UH for the same reasons WVU doesn't want UC

So OU's top choices are BYU & UC - in that order.

Texas wants BYU & UH.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 28m28 minutes ago
The networks want the hottest programs with the best TV ratings. If the B12 must expand then BYU is their #1 choice. UH has better # than UC

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 26m26 minutes ago
Obviously some combo of BYU, UH & UC are locks for 11 & 12 or 11-13 if they hit 14.

hristopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 26m26 minutes ago
The wildcard is the issues BYU is having with the Baylor butterfly effect.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 25m25 minutes ago
I'm going to say if BYU isn't part of expansion there is no feasible way the B12 could expand to 14 without ESPN/Fox revolting.

With BYU, UH & UC the Big 12 likely okay expanding to 14 with ESPN/Fox after the details are worked out. Who 14 is really doesn't matter.

Either UCONN or UCF are safe bets at 14. But because of WVU I say it's UC or UCF not both.

But my gut says that CSU would be 14. Why?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 21m21 minutes ago
Neither UCONN, UCF or Memphis are ever going to dominate their home markets in football.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 20m20 minutes ago
But CSU has a chance to be the CFB leader in Co/Denver. CSU doesn't have any real warts. They have the highest ceiling of any candidate.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 19m19 minutes ago
So look at the motivations for each current B12 school & ask why do they support expansion? How do they benefit?

Are there any issues that would make them support one candidate over another?

I know this too. WVU is far more respected in the B12 than the average fan wants to believe.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 17m17 minutes ago
WVU's Oliver Luck was the 1st B12 rep on the playoff committee & Dr. Gee was on the expansion committee. Gee has considerable clout.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 15m15 minutes ago
So when everything is said & done I think the B12 adds only BYU & UH. Or if they go to 14 it's BYU, UH, UCONN & CSU.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 14m14 minutes ago
Yes I think WVU will find a way to block UC. That's the only reason UC wouldn't make it.

But, despite my prediction, if the B12 adds 4 I don't see any realistic way UC isn't in the top 3 despite WVU's protests.

If the B12 goes to 14 they likely tell WVU if OU can accept UH then you have to accept UC so shut up & be happy counting your money.

Expansion is very simple on one level but it has a ton of complex factors that come into play none more important than self interest.

The SEC & B1G are unified & usually make decisions in the best interest of the conference as a whole.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 8m8 minutes ago
The Big 12 is different. Schools pursue their own agendas first & if the rest of the conf benefits that's just to bad.

This guy is a Jabroni.

the PRESIDENTS of the colleges vote. CSU is in Broncos territory for Christ's sake. They will never ever ever ever ever ever ever dominate, even if they won the CFP every single year.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Well the dood knows how to cover his bases, bound to be right if he predicts every somewhat logical combination of a schools in one set of tweets.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Minimizing UConn, as usual.

Not understanding TV value, as usual.

Again, he never seems to get it, but it is NOT just about UConn's incremental value in a vacuum. Can bringing the conference to all of the eyeballs in the northeast expand value for all members? YES.

Reaction Score

Unfortunately, I don't think they can proof read in Houston. You preserve history at a library, not persevere history.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
It makes no sense at all. I suppose he thinks they'd rather travel to BYU.
Odd considering they in-breed in WV and well BYU is.....well....you know.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
This guy is a Jabroni.

the PRESIDENTS of the colleges vote. CSU is in Broncos territory for Christ's sake. They will never ever ever ever ever ever ever dominate, even if they won the CFP every single year.
THIS is correct. My cousin works at CSU and even he says it's a ridiculous notion to think that CSU is a thought outside of Ft Collins.

pj

Reaction Score

They had the spelling of "preserved" ready to go also, but misplaced it.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I don't think they can proof read in Houston. You preserve history at a library, not persevere history.
Could that misspelling in this very public release speak to the academic issues present at UH? :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom