Non-Key Tweets | Page 632 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Really? That seems odd. They give notice and then they don't get paid for 27 months?

I think they just withold payment if you announce you are leaving without the full notice. They then stop payouts until a settlement is reached.

It's not odd, its good practice. It is expensive and time consuming to get money from a third-party, so if the money is already in your account there is no reason to distribute it and then try to recover it.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
It's not odd, its good practice. It is expensive and time consuming to get money from a third-party, so if the money is already in your account there is no reason to distribute it and then try to recover it.

It's "good" practice if there are monies owed. If UConn were to give a 27 month notice, what would the legal right be to with hold all of theier payment. Couldn't UConn sue for damages above what is owed? The AAC could take a pretty big hit, especially with how much they give out.

Reaction Score
Right, but if you give proper notice and leave on good terms, one would assume you'd be paid on schedule until you break with procedure.

Reaction Score
Do any of you know why the dude seems to believe WVU is anti-UC?
I have heard conflicting reports about this. May be against because we recruit Ohio and are able to pick up some good players that OSU can't bring in. Going up against other B1G schools not named Ohio St or Michigan. I would have to believe WVU administration is for UC if it helps the entire league. I would have to think WVU would be in favor of UConn.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Right, but if you give proper notice and leave on good terms, one would assume you'd be paid on schedule until you break with procedure.

I'd be shocked if the contractual procedure wasn't to withhold the money. Nobody wants to be in a position where you have to go to court to get money back because what ends up happening is new claims/counter-claims appear and the owed party ends up with some % of the full amount to avoid the cost and hassle of going to court.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
I have heard conflicting reports about this. May be against because we recruit Ohio and are able to pick up some good players that OSU can't bring in. Going up against other B1G schools not named Ohio St or Michigan. I would have to believe WVU administration is for UC if it helps the entire league. I would have to think WVU would be in favor of UConn.

They should be. Once upon a time we voted with the football schools (I think at the time it was Pitt, BC, Cuse and probably one other) to grow the football brand, thus bringing WVU into the fold - even when we were a 'basketball school.' Also, I know WVU misses recruiting NYC for basketball.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Good point, not sure.

Reaction Score
Really? That seems odd. They give notice and then they don't get paid for 27 months?

I think they just withold payment if you announce you are leaving without the full notice. They then stop payouts until a settlement is reached.

Horse meet cart.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I think this kinda falls apart, unfortunately.

Plane is registered to Dean Management LLC. Dean Management LLC is associated with Dean Foods. Dean Foods just purchased Friendly's.

I'm guessing they're visiting their crappy ice cream company and not ferrying Big 12 execs to Storrs.

Reaction Score
I think this kinda falls apart, unfortunately.

Plane is registered to Dean Management LLC. Dean Management LLC is associated with Dean Foods. Dean Foods just purchased Friendly's.

I'm guessing they're visiting their crappy ice cream company and not ferrying Big 12 execs to Storrs.

Or... that's what they want us to think... right?

Reaction Score
GREG SW AIM ‏@GSw aim 6h6 hours ago
#Big12 expansion talks among members going every bit as well as Congress these days. Very little compromise, and zero consensus.

GREG SW AIM ‏@GSw aim 2h2 hours ago
The relationship between #UConn and @ESPN may really play a big favor for the Huskies in #Big12 expansion, hearing today.

GREG SW AIM ‏@GSw aim 55m55 minutes ago
If I had to guess (with #Big12, everything has to be a guess), it's looking like #BYU, #UCBearcats #UConn, #GoCoogs. TV wants these four.

GREG SW AIM ‏@GSw aim 51m51 minutes ago
#Big12 will take TV money grab, but if no GOR longterm extension expect #UT, #KU (both AAU) to #B1G and #Sooners, #OKState to #SEC by 2025.

Todd Cunningham‏@TCunningham50
@GSw aim you keep pushing BYU. I would bet you a donut they dont make the cut.

GREG SW AIM ‏@GSw aim 23m23 minutes ago
GREG SW AIM Retweeted Todd Cunningham

Only "pushing" most logical choices...which clearly #BYU is. I'm not a BYU grad or LDS.

TigerBronco‏@jay_256
TigerBronco Retweeted

That's another thing. PPL keep knocking Memphis' academics when most of Big 12 is mediocre in academics. https://twitter.com/GSwaim/status/762775607155519488…

GREG SW AIM ‏@GSw aim 14m14 minutes ago
GREG SWAIM Retweeted TigerBronco

But Memphis and Boise make academic mediocrity look Ivy League.

Stuart Waugh ‏@sg2waugh 3h3 hours ago
@flugempire I know people want daily updates on B12. But am I right in thinking parties involved are only meet (Skype) a few hours a week?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3h3 hours ago
@sg2waugh I don't know. Never have ask the question. I did ask question to BTM:Contacts about UH/Cincy rumor..waiting for reply.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 58m58 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Greg Flugaur

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/762741790067740672… We received the OU Contact reply: "Do not see 2 team solution in Big 12 Expansion at this time. Especially with UH"

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 4h4 hours ago
AAC is going about business as if they are losing at least UC-My source says they are already pretty far along in talks with several schools

C. Austin Cox ‏@C_Austin_Cox 9h9 hours ago
It's easy for Texas to "say" it supports Houston in the Big 12 when UT believes there is no chance of a 5th Texas school getting the votes.

@JimmySchofield1 Cincinnati seems like a lock. K-State has been pushing for them since last fall. Houston will land in a P5 regardless.

Watch what other P5's do. Remember, ESPN had the ACC go after Pitt because the Big 12 reached out to Pitt in 2011. Moves are coming.

Albert Ruscitto ‏@CincyP5orbust 9h9 hours ago
@c_austin_cox I know it makes no sense to those of us outside Texas, but all reports indicate that UT's support for UH is genuine.

@CincyP5orbust Then take it from someone in Texas.

C. Austin Cox ‏@C_Austin_Cox 7h7 hours ago
C. Austin Cox Retweeted UofMemphis

Looks like the Liberty Bowl shapes up pretty nicely compared to other Big 12 stadiums. http://www.collegegridirons.com/comparisons.htm

C. Austin Cox ‏@C_Austin_Cox 6h6 hours ago
Big 12 Blog News: @BCSNN has moved the Big 12 (twitter) Mailbag to Wednesday. Spoiler: The questions are 90% expansion related.

C. Austin Cox ‏@C_Austin_Cox 2h2 hours ago
If anyone ever said the Big 12 is considering BYU as football-only and the Big 12 wants another TX school, they're lying. End of story.

C. Austin Cox ‏@C_Austin_Cox 2h2 hours ago
There are ONLY 5 schools legitimately in contention for the Big 12. UC, UM, UConn, a full membership BYU, and CSU.

CpXamDeXEAAAcdA.jpg

Reaction Score
It's "good" practice if there are monies owed. If UConn were to give a 27 month notice, what would the legal right be to with hold all of theier payment. Couldn't UConn sue for damages above what is owed? The AAC could take a pretty big hit, especially with how much they give out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it takes UConn longer than 27 months to earn $10M from the AAC. They could withhold every penny and UConn would still owe them more after their 27 months notice is up. Look at what the ACC did to UMd.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Jason Williams

Yes.
UT wants BYU & UH
And other factions in B12 will need to get what THEY want.
#horsetrading
UH/BYU/UC/UCONN

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
@BostonCoug
Data is very kind to BYU's candidacy.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 34m34 minutes ago
Will political issues hurt BYU?
Probably.
My question is where do we draw this political line?
We do have diversity of Institutions.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 32m32 minutes ago
BYU will have to discuss their honor code..and LGBT issues with B12.
Serious issues.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@chiucfgal
Be careful...what line in UCF past could be brought up?
No Insitution is perfect...many issues..not just LGBT issues.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 22m22 minutes ago
@chiucfgal
So schools should only be disqualified from P5 for LGBT issues?
No other issues.?
Very odd

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
Will political issues hurt BYU?
Probably.
My question is where do we draw this political line?
We do have diversity of Institutions.

Chadd Scott ‏@ChaddScott · 27m27 minutes ago
There's "diversity" then there's "wild, discordant outlier." Conf stability lies in unity, always hurdle for Big12.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 22m22 minutes ago
@ChaddScott
I'm not disagreeing. Serious issue for BYU.
But I wouldn't use "Mormon thing" as a disqualifer.
But BYU needs to answer B12.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 13m13 minutes ago
Big 12 is an organization which can invite..or no invite anyone they choose.
LGBT has every right to list their concerns over BYU.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 11m11 minutes ago
But I find it alarming fans of other Insitutions are pounding their chest saying BYU is disqualified..as their schools reek of rape/alcohol

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 7m7 minutes ago
@UCF_blackout
BYU will have to change policy. It's a serious issue
But don't kid yourself. BYU vs other schools in rape itself?
BYU wins

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6m6 minutes ago
@KUandUofAfan
Yes, honor code is a real issue.
But "Mormon thing" has been used on Twitter multiple times.
Not good.

Reaction Score
Jim Weber‏@JimMWeber
LGBT issue is one of reasons why Pac-12 invited Utah over BYU. Can you imagine how Berkeley would have reacted to BYU in same conference?

Chadd Scott ‏@ChaddScott · 41m41 minutes ago
Wrote about this 2 wks ago: BYU checks all boxes for P5 membership EXCEPT Moromon thing which distasteful for many

Chadd Scott ‏@ChaddScott · 39m39 minutes ago
There's "diversity" then there's "wild, discordant outlier." Conf stability lies in unity, always hurdle for Big12.

Reaction Score
With the LGBT groups coming out against BYU I am now convinced this will keep them out of the B12. One gay athlete has already said he will not travel there to compete. That will get national news and the presidents of the B12 schools walk in small circles and they will not want to deal with this kind of publicity. And BYU will not change 150+ years of their doctrine in less than 60 days to make their inclusion palatable

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
With the LGBT groups coming out against BYU I am now convinced this will keep them out of the B12. One gay athlete has already said he will not travel there to compete. That will get national news and the presidents of the B12 schools walk in small circles and they will not want to deal with this kind of publicity. And BYU will not change 150+ years of their doctrine in less than 60 days to make their inclusion palatable
Baylor has its own restrictive policies regarding LGBT, I recall Britney Griner complaining about it after she left. I wonder if anyone will also boycott competitions there?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Doesn't Baylor have the same problem, rather famously with their second best athlete is school history. Also, that area of the country isn't exactly Greenwich Village when if comes to LGBT tolerance issues. I think it is more likely the difficulty in working with them on scheduling and other issues like their secrecy. Another Baylor problem, but Baylor is already in and they are in Texas.

Reaction Score
Baylor has its own restrictive policies regarding LGBT, I recall Britney Griner complaining about it after she left. I wonder if anyone will also boycott competitions there?

Considering what has recently happened at Baylor, does the rest of the Big XII really want to deal with the BYU morality crap? That's the million dollar question

Reaction Score
Baylor is already in the B12. This is 2016 and the school presidents will need to make a decision to voluntarily associate with a school that has those policies. BYU can do what it wants but that doesn't mean other schools are compelled to vote them in. This attention is not going away.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
So they should kick Baylor out while they are at it right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom