Non-Key Tweets | Page 550 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 5h5 hours ago
Fox is putting pressure on B12 to expand. The sentiment is FOX is trying to deplete ESPN resources to secure 2nd half of B10 contract.

Fox is pushing for Uconn and UC

ESPN already paying BYU a decent amount so having B12 add those 2 will stretch ESPN further.

B10 coaches want ESPN to get their contract-exposure for recruits.

Fox ratings for CFB not in same league as ESPN. Just ask B12.

Chris Shockley ‏@ChrisShockley 4h4 hours ago
@MH ver3 Wasn't it Fox that was at one time pushing for USF and UCF?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
@ChrisShockley at one time yes

Justin Sweeney ‏@justindsweeney 3h3 hours agoClovis, CA
@MH ver3 BYU's current deal w/ ESPN ends 2018. Could easily be absorbed or simply bought out to transition to B12/ESPN/Fox. NOT AN ISSUE!

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
@justindsweeney no one said it was.

₭ǁǐ₪τ ҉ ҎⱤⱡʢɆ ‏@OldSchoolBYU 1h1 hour ago
@justindsweeney @MH ver3
U =ESPN w/BYU2B12
V=ESPN w/o BYU2B12
x =BYUIndy
Y =B12a
Z =B12b

U = (Y-X) + Z
V = X + Y + Z

U < V = savings

@justindsweeney @MH ver3 in other words, cost cutting ESPN saves money w/BYU in B12 IF B12 expands.

@justindsweeney @MH ver3 they drop $7-10 mil, and share the difference w/Fox. Slight bump to BYU from ESPN perspective

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 45m45 minutes ago
@OldSchoolBYU @justindsweeney relatively speaking versus taking other schools they currently pay a pittance to

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire Jun 9
Losing Goetz I guess expecting stability within the University of Minnesota Athletic Department for more than 30 days is too much to ask
1f621.png

AZ ‏@azescobar1 Jun 9
@flugempire - UConn's new push to the B1G?

@azescobar1 I think it's interesting..

AZ ‏@azescobar1 Jun 9
@flugempire - for sure, I think UConn is quietly maneuvering without the Stop bluster of pamphlets, PowerPoints, and brochures.

@azescobar1 But did UCONN get info/instructions on best way to meet some future benchmarks for B1G? Maybe Goetz is a great hire. Period

UHCougar07 ‏@UHCougar07 17h17 hours agoTexas, USA
@flugempire Not so reliable reports of ACC interest in UH down the road. Ever heard any rumbling in B10 country?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 15h15 hours ago
@UHCougar07 No on B1G & UH PAC is a possibility depending on when and who PAC decides to sell some of their PACN equity to...important

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
@azescobar1 please UCONN fans don't let @flugempire troll you. He knows nothing.

AZ ‏@azescobar1 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV - just trying to get info where I can, I take everything w a grain of salt- no trolling but what's ur educated guess re UConn?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 22h22 hours ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Chuck Carlton

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChuckCarltonDMN/status/740999499850473472… Thinking of Re-seeding divisions every year? B12 has no concept of Branding....stoking rivalries. Horse n Buggy

Double-Naught Spy ‏@NaughtSpy 21m21 minutes ago
@flugempire You do realize, don't you, that every team will still play every other team? Rivalries would not be affected at all.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 8m8 minutes ago
@NaughtSpy Of course I do...but in divisional play you should be playing your top 2 divisional rivals in last 2 weekends...every year.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 7m7 minutes ago
@NaughtSpy This re-seeding is mind blowing stupid. But again it's Big 12 Country...so I guess it's makes sense.

Reaction Score

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is the insinuation here that UConn and Cincy are such major ratings drivers that ESPN losing them would cause them to overbid for the 2nd half of the B1G contract to compensate for content?
Yes

Reaction Score
They are relative to the directional Floridas and Houston, Memphis and Boise.

Look, UConn gets solid ratings. Consistently among the Top 3-5 in the G5 in football and hoops.

But the idea that ESPN losing us is such a devastating blow that they would need to compensate by ensuring they have rights to the 2nd most powerful conference in sports is a bit of a reach.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is the insinuation here that UConn and Cincy are such major ratings drivers that ESPN losing them would cause them to overbid for the 2nd half of the B1G contract to compensate for content?

Not entirely. This has been indicated for months. The report was that Fox had no interest whatsoever in any school not in the eastern time zone. It just doesn't see the value and wants rights to Big XII games played in eastern time. That lead some to suggest UCF/USF as well. It suggests that Fox does not want BYU or UH.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
BYU/Cinci is like adding Cuse and Pitt.

Different conference making the same mistakes. Gee guys, I think we should invite a team in the Pacific Time Zone and the 2nd most popular team in Ohio, assuming that there aren't more Michigan fans living in Ohio.

That's ratings gold. Last I checked you still need to fly to Utah.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

No they are saying they want ESPN to be on the hook for additional money for the Big 12 - and not be able to afford to bid on the Big 10.

pj

Reaction Score

No, they are thinking that the extra $20 mn a year ESPN would have to pay the B12 (their half of the pro rata increase for the add of two teams) would prevent them from bidding for the $200 mn a year half of B1G Tier 1 contract. But, if B12 didn't expand and ESPN didn't have to spend the $20 mn a year, then they would compete for and win the $200 mn a year deal.

In other words, ESPN is down to their last $190 mn a year, and can't obtain the extra capital because they have no credit, so a cost of $20 mn a year would ruin their ability to make investments.

It is a theory that makes sense to West Virginians used to working within tight credit card limits.

Reaction Score
Look, UConn gets solid ratings. Consistently among the Top 3-5 in the G5 in football and hoops.

But the idea that ESPN losing us is such a devastating blow that they would need to compensate by ensuring they have rights to the 2nd most powerful conference in sports is a bit of a reach.
If people want to believe that UConn has that pull then who are we to question it.

Reaction Score
No they are saying they want ESPN to be on the hook for additional money for the Big 12 - and not be able to afford to bid on the Big 10.

Got it. That makes a helluva lot more sense.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 19h19 hours ago
We have decided to use this Twitter Account (only one we use) to support Gopher Sports (and beloved Twolves.
No more "other stuff or info"

My compatriots, after reading the last emails from our stalker in West Virginia, have decided to shut this down.

I will continue to have my quarterly dinners with BTM, for he has been a fried of mine since Aoril of 2000.
But we won't post anymore info.

Matt McClure ‏@mmcclure1981 · 19h19 hours ago
@flugempire Well, that's a bummer.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@mmcclure1981
Yes it is...
But this account was done by 4 people in total.
And our goal was not to collect stalkers.

Reaction Score
We have decided to use this Twitter Account (only one we use) to support Gopher Sports (and beloved Twolves.

My compatriots, after reading the last emails from our stalker in West Virginia, have decided to shut this down.

I will continue to have my quarterly dinners with BTM, for he has been a fried of mine since Aoril of 2000.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@mmcclure1981
Yes it is...

Translation = yes I didn't have a real source and have been wrong. Frick it. I'm out.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@mmcclure1981
Yes it is...

I find this disappointing. I liked Flug over any of the West Virginia guys despite the hate by JLarson, Flug had good info most of the time.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why would four people share an account to share the thoughts one Big Ten Man?

Why would 'they' use the name of a real person?

Why would 'they' bounce between we, mine and my?

Yes CL I know it's non-key.

Reaction Score
Why would four people share an account to share the thoughts one Big Ten Man?

Why would 'they' use the name of a real person?

Why would 'they' bounce between we, mine and my?

Yes CL I know it's non-key.

I think he meant he was done in by 4 people. Not shared by 4 people.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think he meant he was done in by 4 people. Not shared by 4 people.

He always said it was 'we'. He said it was 'done by 4 people'. I'm pretty sure he means four separate people have been tweeting from that handle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom