Non-Key Tweets | Page 552 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
And a nicely washed car.
Do we actually know that the car is nicely washed? Are you professing to have inside info here? Do you have your own car wash guy that knows the quality of work done at THAT car wash. Fess up Dooley!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Do we actually know that the car is nicely washed? Are you professing to have inside info here? Do you have your own car wash guy that knows the quality of work done at THAT car wash. Fess up Dooley!

Fun Dooley Fact: when I was younger, I used to work at car dealership as a supervisor in the area that preps newly purchased cars for the customers. I am no stranger to the comings and goings of the car wash. Unfortunately, my dealership was not tapped into any CR rumors.

Reaction Score
I do need to know if we are still getting his BM updates. There has to be BS coming out of all 4 holes at this point.

Reaction Score
J ‏@UCONNfan14 Jun 13
@Bluevodreal could you explain the scenarios for me and how each effects uconn in the immediate future!

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 12h12 hours ago
@UCONNfan14 ACC gets raided and then they back fill. UCONN is huge for NY market. Big 12 could just add to get to conf CC.

J ‏@UCONNfan14 7h7 hours ago
@Bluevodreal say its the big 12 when would we know but highly unlikely at this point? When would the ACC floodgates open? Uconn to acc?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 7h7 hours ago
@UCONNfan14 could be as soon as July. Several major deadlines are coming up next month.

Expansion_crush ‏@Expansion_Crush 11h11 hours ago
THE SPORTZ ASSASSIN: What If The Big 12 Crumbled?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 10h10 hours ago
@Expansion_Crush The Big 12 - the conference everybody wants to crumble - holds a lot of power right now.

Expansion_crush‏@Expansion_Crush

Ck6ziKcWUAAZAFt.jpg

@Expansion_Crush I believe ND gets $15M from NBC and $6M from ACC for a total of $22M. Ha!

Terry Dunlevy ‏@TerryDunlevy 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush ND rumors are the new 2015-25 NBC deal is $22-23 million/yr. The old 2010-15 deal was $15 million.

@Expansion_Crush ND is poison. The only care about ND. I laugh to think WVU earned twice what ND football gets.

Terry Dunlevy ‏@TerryDunlevy 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush ND worries it would lose more than that in lost donations if football joined a conference.

Expansion_crush‏@Expansion_Crush
Rethinking the Big Ten Division Setup

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
@Expansion_Crush I have absolutely no problem with the B1G raiding the ACC. Go for it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's a shame for WVa they can't buy class with all that money.

Reaction Score
Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h2 hours ago
NBC

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal if you can't have ND in your conference, having a game of the week following a ND game is the next best thing.

Chris J ‏@MgoCJ 2h2 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub @Bluevodreal I doubt B1G dropped their drawers for NBC unless ND is coming too.

@MgoCJ @Bluevodreal B10 wants an SEC CBS type of deal. They want a dedicated national broadcast time slot on OTA TV. It's that simple

@NebGradDubDub @Bluevodreal I understand that... But, why abandon ESPN unless you are brokering a deal to bring in ND?

@MgoCJ @Bluevodreal because ESPN has limited national broadcast Windows and can't give you a national game of the week on ABC. All regional

@MgoCJ @Bluevodreal B10 wants to get away from regional game coverage.

@NebGradDubDub @Bluevodreal gotcha! I still think ND comes with NBC.

alex bricker ‏@abrick75 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal done deal?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h2 hours ago
@abrick75 Never done until ink meets paper but it will have to take a HUGE offer at the last minute to beat.

James Frederick ‏@dos_eggies 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @abrick75 wise choice. Basketball included? Or is CBS/TNT still in play?

rick dunaway ‏@rickdun 1h1 hour ago
@Bluevodreal when will this come out. i guess N D will be in the big 10 now

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 58m58 minutes ago
@rickdun I would guess July the deadline is in July, I just. Have not gotten the exact date of the deadline.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 1h1 hour ago
Good way to hedge bets on future of TV with cord cutters.

Reaction Score
ND football revenue is $100,000M with a profit of over 50,000M
That's with a media rights deal of 15,000M

Would being in a conference especially one with regional broadcasts actually have a negative impact on their revenue despite media increases?
ND is not going into a conference unless the NCAA has a gun to their heads.

Reaction Score
ND football revenue is $100,000M with a profit of over 50,000M
That's with a media rights deal of 15,000M

Would being in a conference especially one with regional broadcasts actually have a negative impact on their revenue despite media increases?
ND is not going into a conference unless the NCAA has a gun to their heads.
They get trillions more than the total Federal budget. WOW

Reaction Score
I take anything from Bluevod with about two tons of salt. But, if true about the NBC/Big Ten part, it is interesting that the Big Ten is finally coming around to what ND decided was a good thing (OTA network nationwide) way back in 1991.

He seems to think the Big Ten is on to some new revolutionary idea.

Assuming for argument that any of this is real and ND wants to do this (completely without any evidence of such intent), how much money does this guy think that NBC is going to pay to enable the Big Ten to:

1) Pay ND a full share of Big Ten TV money;

2) Pay the ACC exit fee;

3) Pay to get ND's other sports out of the ACC GOR;

4) Pay damages to the ACC for the breach of ND's contract to not place its football into another conference until 2027, and

5) Make the other 15 Big Ten schools enough additional money to make any of this worthwhile to them.

He has never provided any "analysis" or projection of any type, has he?

Reaction Score
I take anything from Bluevod with about two tons of salt. But, if true about the NBC/Big Ten part, it is interesting that the Big Ten is finally coming around to what ND decided was a good thing (OTA network nationwide) way back in 1991.

He seems to think the Big Ten is on to some new revolutionary idea.

Assuming for argument that any of this is real and ND wants to do this (completely without any evidence of such intent), how much money does this guy think that NBC is going to pay to enable the Big Ten to:

1) Pay ND a full share of Big Ten TV money;

2) Pay the ACC exit fee;

3) Pay to get ND's other sports out of the ACC GOR;

4) Pay damages to the ACC for the breach of ND's contract to not place its football into another conference until 2027, and

5) Make the other 15 Big Ten schools enough additional money to make any of this worthwhile to them.

He has never provided any "analysis" or projection of any type, has he?

68880266.jpg

Not sure why you think any of the above is a problem.

It's probably not a breach to move football if Notre Dame has exited the conference in whole.

The GoR issue for a few football games would need to be worked around. The cash for everything else is pocket change (most likely, take the current exit fee, and divide by 4).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They get trillions more than the total Federal budget. WOW
M=1000units or adds three 000 to the end of a number
Similar to K which is a misapplied term borrowed from weights and measures when used in context of money
M is from the Latin milli or thousand
$100,000M = $100,000,000 or one hundred million
Sorry I assumed more familiarity with numbers then apparently is the case
Every M adds 000 to the end so if I could have said $ 100mm
Hopefully that clears up your confusion

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
M=1000units or adds three 000 to the end of a number
Similar to K which is a misapplied term borrowed from weights and measures when used in context of money
M is from the Latin milli or thousand
$100,000M = $100,000,000 or one hundred million
Sorry I assumed more familiarity with numbers then apparently is the case
Every M adds 000 to the end so if I could have said $ 100mm
Hopefully that clears up your confusion

I've been trying to figure out why you don't use MM. It's a lot cleaner.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom