Non-Key Tweets | Page 545 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Far be it from me to come to the defense of OU, but I think it's only fair to point out that north Texas from the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex on up has completely been turned over to loud, course, no teeth-having fat white people from Oklahoma and Arkansas.

I can't even stand to go north of Waco anymore. It just disgusts me. And yeah. I admit it. I really am a south Texas liberal hipster snob who prefers the culture and company of folks who spill over our southern border instead of our northern one.

I'd rather build a wall on the Red River than the Rio Grande.
For real? Wow, you are so far off base it's sad. Get out much?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
While true, the travel really would not much different than the AAC, with schools in Tampa, Southern Louisiana, two in Texas, and one in Oklahoma.

While totally irrelevant, it just dawned on me that the back fill schools for the AAC are Umass (for us), FIU for UCF and TBD for Cinci.

Reaction Score
Man, I hate being the last jar on the shelf. The stank of something being wrong with us increases everyday. I hope the BHV report changes that narrative.

Actually, if I'm honest with myself, what I really hope is that someone else invites us. While we would gladly accept an invite, the geography of the Big 12 is a nightmare for us. I'd love for the B1G (preferably) or the ACC to sweep in and take us out of play. Once we're back in the P5 club, regardless of conference, our stature skyrockets; we lose the stank of being left on the shelf, and our attendance numbers skyrocket. All we need is for someone to pull the trigger.
My expectations were, all the B12 smoke and the terrific evaluation work done showing what we bring ,would cause another conference to act.
If the B12 doesn't move on us it's due to three reasons:
Politics

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For real? Wow, you are so far off base it's sad. Get out much?

Ha.

It's not like I cited statistical analysis.

It's anecdotal and (should be) clearly hyperbolic.

Are you able to grasp satire?

Reaction Score
My expectations were, all the B12 smoke and the terrific evaluation work done showing what we bring ,would cause another conference to act.
If the B12 doesn't move on us it's due to three reasons:

Politics
You are saying "were" (past tense).

Reaction Score
Far be it from me to come to the defense of OU, but I think it's only fair to point out that north Texas from the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex on up has completely been turned over to loud, course, no teeth-having fat white people from Oklahoma and Arkansas.

I can't even stand to go north of Waco anymore. It just disgusts me. And yeah. I admit it. I really am a south Texas liberal hipster snob who prefers the culture and company of folks who spill over our southern border instead of our northern one.

I'd rather build a wall on the Red River than the Rio Grande.

To clarify for the literal and humorless: Oklahoma simply has a nice fanbase in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex.

Reaction Score
You are saying "were" (past tense).
I'm glad you noticed that because my original post was in he present tense.
The past tense more correctly reflects my feelings that this event should have already taken place.
It may have but i"m sceptical.

Reaction Score
I'm glad you noticed that because my original post was in he present tense.
The past tense more correctly reflects my feelings that this event should have already taken place.
It may have but i"m sceptical.

Well, I pointed that out because I had that hope, too. But damn, when?

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
My source is telling me the expansion candidates are now down to 3 and we won't go beyond 12 until after other conferences GORs are up

Those three are Uconn BYU and Cincy.

Jay Pritchard ‏@columbiasooner 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 so expansion is happening?

@columbiasooner it's not off the table. Just slowed. These are the three schools that will be vetted. UT will not give up LHN though

@columbiasooner we should know by the end of the summer of expansion is going to happen or not-at least until next round of TV deals

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 1h1 hour ago
I will get flamed for this but the word is there is very real interest from the AZ schools once P12 GOR expires.

Hence the comment from Boren about limiting our options. Also why we won't go past 12 if we expand.

DocBunyan ‏@DocBunyan 40m40 minutes ago
@MH ver3 lololololololololol

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 21m21 minutes ago
@DocBunyan told you you'd flame me.

DocBunyan ‏@DocBunyan 5s5 seconds ago
@MH ver3 your source must be some disgruntled zona/asu grad living in texas.

Also looking like a joint network with ACC might be both conferences best chance at a lucrative network. Especially with LHN off the table

dave horn ‏@10816dave 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 any chance that they pull the trigger today

@10816dave doubtful if they even pull it by fall. They will announce they are/aren't expanding by then but not with who.

Thomas Hobson II ‏@ThomasHobsonII 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 So a joint network and everybody keeps their tier 3 rights?

@ThomasHobsonII no ESPN would get those. That's a lot of buyback from Fox and Raycom though.

@MH ver3 SO then how does Texas get whole? $15M per year plus intangible value? Not gonna happen unless they keep LHN which is tier 3 rights.

@ThomasHobsonII ESPN has those. LHN will remain as is.

@MH ver3 that makes no sense. OKU tier 3 is owned by fox, Kansas is owned by time warner and wvu is owned by ign.

jmgcougman ‏@jmgcougman 1h1 hour ago
. @MH ver3 So BYU is 11 with Cincy & UConn going all WVU/Louisville on each other in a dark alley somewhere. I'll bring the popcorn.

J ‏@UCONNfan14 44m44 minutes ago
@jmgcougman @MH ver3 from media out at meeting 1/2 no particular order uconn and cincy currently in 3rd byu after day 1 of data thursday

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 21m21 minutes ago
@UCONNfan14 @jmgcougman but honestly if not for Sunday play and BYUtv then BYU is clear number 1. Since those exist Uconn is 1

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 31m31 minutes ago
Take note that all my predictions for the Big 12 came true: no expansion; network decision delayed; return of the CCG with 2 divisions of 5.

Kyle Jacobson ‏@MisterLubbock 34m34 minutes ago
A Big 12 championship game with 10 teams is dumb. Splitting into divisions with 10 teams is dumb. Not expanding/not having a network is dumb

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 30m30 minutes ago
@MisterLubbock What's not dumb is to wait. All good things come to those who wait...

Kraig Olsen ‏@KraigOlsen 31m31 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Do you think they won't expand at all this year?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 29m29 minutes ago
@KraigOlsen There isn't any benefit right now. That won't change until 2018.

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 32m32 minutes ago
Any division with less than 6 teams weakens the perceived value of divisional championship.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 23m23 minutes ago
@schadjoe So Boston College being in ACC Atlantic & GT in Coastal makes the ACC CCG more meaningful?
CkDPlBkW0AEb0am.jpg

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 22m22 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV LMAO you are going to PWN this guy. he should quit.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 13m13 minutes ago
@pfac51 @schadjoe Colorado & Oregon State were a combined 6-19.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 18m18 minutes ago
@pfac51 Well I happen to think that reporters like @schadjoe should put more thought into their opinions before casting them out.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 10m10 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV true.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 9m9 minutes ago
@pfac51 @schadjoe The B1G had 7 schools below .500. That's 50% of the conf. But their CCG is more meaningful?
CkDTG4XWEAAinGP.jpg

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 7m7 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV i liked the 2015 B1G conf title game except the end.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 29m29 minutes ago
@schadjoe Really? That's stupid. The old rule of 2 divisions of 6 was arbitrary anyway. Explain why a CCG with 2 div of 5 is less.

Flintdawg ‏@Odharris1 29m29 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @schadjoe rematches

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 23m23 minutes ago
@Odharris1 @schadjoe The only easy out in the Big 12 is Kansas. 50% of the ACC is an easy out.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 22m22 minutes ago
@Odharris1 @schadjoe ESPN's CFB power index had the Big 12 rated just behind the SEC West.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 24m24 minutes ago
@Odharris1 @schadjoe Rematches? The loser of any CCG is in a bad spot. If a B12 team manages to win the B12 title it's ran the gauntlet.

Kirk BohlsVerified account‏@kbohls
Expansion for Big 12 is not dead. Maybe not even wounded. David Boren: "I wouldn't say it's cooled. I'd say it's ongoing."

Jake Trotter ‏@Jake_Trotter 18m18 minutes ago
Jake Trotter Retweeted Kirk Bohls

Totally agree. Expansion debate alive/well. But w/ network off table, could change way Big 12 views candidates

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 9m9 minutes ago
@Jake_Trotter @RedDirtSport @kbohls Quality of football program surpasses TV market in importance.

Dennis DoddVerified account‏@dennisdoddcbs
Boren says conference network pretty much on hold now. “Marketplace, in some ways, has decided that issue for us.”

Jon Solomon ‏@JonSolomonCBS 1h1 hour ago
Jon Solomon Retweeted Dennis Dodd

Impact of Texas and cord cutting

Doug Gottlieb ‏@GottliebShow 1h1 hour ago
@JonSolomonCBS there has never been a lust for Big 12 Net aside from Texas

Jon Solomon ‏@JonSolomonCBS 16m16 minutes ago
@GottliebShow Correct. It's been a long debate. A few have wanted it through the years. Probably a bad time to try it now if you're ESPN.

Carson Ingle ‏@caingle 14m14 minutes agoOrlando, FL
@JonSolomonCBS @GottliebShow why would it be bad for ESPN? They are already paying to lose money on LHN. They wouldn't lose $$$ on B12N.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 8m8 minutes ago
@caingle @JonSolomonCBS @GottliebShow Market place is language used so as to not blame Texas.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 8m8 minutes ago
@caingle @JonSolomonCBS @GottliebShow for ESPN the math is simple LHN 20M at $.01 < B12N 50M at $0.50.

Carson Ingle ‏@caingle 6m6 minutes agoOrlando, FL
@theDudeofWV @JonSolomonCBS @GottliebShow right and that's a conservative estimate for what the B12N would generate.

Reaction Score
Rule #1 of Conference Realignment... exhibit 5482:

Flug, shut the h ell up you lying piece of s hit a ss garbage that stinks worse than a fresh pile of crap spread on a farm field. You trolled UConn fans for years and should be permanently banned on this website.

Not directed at you jungle.

Reaction Score
Christian Goodman ‏@troyboy8ball 3h3 hours ago
@flugempire Sounds like UT and OU compromised: champ game - YES, expansion - PROBABLE, Big12Net - NO. Big12 stronger than ever. Agree?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
@troyboy8ball Agree on all parts...with the exception to the last part. Oklahoma will be in SEC or PAC or B1G no later than 2025. Period

It's illogical to have CCG with 10 schools. Completely. Expansion in B12 will happen...unless self sabotoge is in vogue in B12 country

B12 is 5 levels of stupid. This is not what Boren...what OU wanted. This is not reform...it's toxic explosion.

Big 12 is dead man walking....no wait. Big 12 is dead man crawling

When BTM gets a hold of me....we will shortly thereafter officially admit we were dead ass wrong. Flaming at @flugempire will begin shortly

Our OU contacts were optimistic Big 12 would expand/CCG and build some sort of digital 3rd tier platform for at least branding purposes.

Texas is fine Oklahoma will be fine. Kansas should be fine. Other 7 will be in despair at the time corrupt HRC finishes her 2nd term.

Justin Friest ‏@ISUCloneKCChief 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire Do you really believe a conference network is the end all be all? Cable as we know is disapearing good luck with BTN in 10 years

@ISUCloneKCChief Do you have any idea how far BTN has built its streaming properties? BTN2GO.

@troyboy8ball No. We were wrong. OU contacts believed reform would happen to give B12 a chance to survive post 2025.

David Ubben‏@davidubben
No question about it now: Big 12 has the toughest road to the CFP. Nine-game round robin + title game + Power 5 nonconference requirement.

Greg Flugaur Retweeted David Ubben

https://mobile.twitter.com/davidubben/status/738818732701540353… Mind blowing stupid.

Dennis DoddVerified account‏@dennisdoddcbs
Big 12 moves up to $30.4 million in revenue distribution. No 3 overall, 20 percent increase.

Greg Flugaur Retweeted Dennis Dodd

https://mobile.twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/738803033430097920… These Big 12 revenues are for July 1st 2015...July 1st 2016. Other conferences are counting 2014-2015.

RedDirtSport‏@RedDirtSport
Big 12 was presented data that 13/12/8 was the easiest path to the CFB Playoff.. Big 12 goes 13/10/9...

Greg Flugaur Retweeted RedDirtSport

https://mobile.twitter.com/RedDirtSport/status/738821160075284481… Let's be blunt. University of Texas, after saving your life, will make you pay for the rest of your life. Gross.

BostonCoug ‏@BostonCoug 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire unless they expand. patience my friend. patience. Boren ain't done yet.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
@BostonCoug CCG at 10 schools with Round Robin...and now they're splitting up to 2 divisions even though they all gave same schedule..

reg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
@BostonCoug Who in their right minds would come up with this set-up? Nothing is logical in B12 Country.

BostonCoug ‏@BostonCoug 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire if they expand later this summer, they will go to 8 game conference schedules.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
@BostonCoug You would think so... You would hope so... So it won't happen.

John Shinn‏@john_shinn
Bowlsby: It's fair to say, there are still questions about whether adding members is the right thing.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 24m24 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted John Shinn

https://mobile.twitter.com/john_shinn/status/738803718175346688… Some serious internal Big 12 Sabotoge going on... ...CCG at 10/Round Robin/Conf games 9/w 2 divisions?

RedDirtSport‏@RedDirtSport
Big 12 literally paid some group 6 figures to tell them 12/8 is best. Big 12 does opposite

ME: Okay, unlike some here I'm not going to be hard on the Flug. He, like many who live in that region, has an affection or affinity with the college programs and is too emotionally connected to those programs to see the reality of the situation. The Big 12 is just not a conference that's built for the long term. Say what you will about the ACC but fans in the ACC want to be in the ACC. The Big 12 has fans like OU fans who want to get out, Texas fans who think everything is fine and a bunch of smalltime schools with smalltime fans who talk too much smack about how great the football is while ignoring the academic, social and political realities of college sports.

Oh, and UConn should go to the ACC, no matter what the yahoos in the backwoods say.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
ME: Okay, unlike some here I'm not going to be hard on the Flug. He, like many who live in that region, has an affection or affinity with the college programs and is too emotionally connected to those programs to see the reality of the situation. The Big 12 is just not a conference that's built for the long term. Say what you will about the ACC but fans in the ACC want to be in the ACC. The Big 12 has fans like OU fans who want to get out, Texas fans who think everything is fine and a bunch of smalltime schools with smalltime fans who talk too much smack about how great the football is while ignoring the academic, social and political realities of college sports.

Oh, and UConn should go to the ACC, no matter what the yahoos in the backwoods say.
Yeah and I'd add that Flugar has been clear that his source is a Big Ten guy who talks to someone at OU. And anyone who follows CR (even without following Flugar or any twitter yahoos) knows that it was always OU and Boren who was trying to push this stuff forward but that the final outcome wasn't necessarily up to Boren alone... I always viewed Flugar's info that it would probably be UC/UConn or UC/BYU as being Oklahoma's preference. And when it came time to butt heads with Texas, the LHN was always going to be a tough nut to crack. So it's a really bad outcome for UConn but I'm not mad at Greg, because he was always representing one point of view in a room with 12 schools plus ESPN / Fox. (He could be full of crap still, or not, but what happened today doesn't necessarily mean he was full of crap).

Reaction Score
Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal · 27m27 minutes ago
@randywatts7 sounds like a Freudian slip by AD from Texas. Expansion is on and Big 10 & 12 have ACC in cross hairs.〽️

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal · 23m23 minutes ago
The Dam is about to break on Expansion. The musical chairs have begun. Giddy up and grab your chair before its to late. 〽️

Nathan Brice ‏@NathanBrice3000 · 20m20 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal Why did he say Big Ten? HMMMMMMMMMM......

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal · 19m19 minutes ago
@NathanBrice3000 Freudian slip

Nathan Brice‏@NathanBrice3000
@Bluevodreal Does he know something?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal · 18m18 minutes ago
@NathanBrice3000 yes and it will be very hard now for things not to leak. To many moving parts for it to stay quiet.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
*sigh*... well I guess it's time to hope for bluevod's opium dreams to materialize.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, it's nice to see Flug take over for me as most hated for a bit.

Bluevod makes Dude seem sane - and the Dude went through why he likes Jerry Faldwell a few days ago.

Reaction Score
Jake Trotter ‏@Jake_Trotter · 4h4 hours ago
Totally agree. Expansion debate alive/well. But w/ network off table, could change way Big 12 views candidates

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@Jake_Trotter @RedDirtSport @kbohls Quality of football program surpasses TV market in importance.

Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV
@caingle @JonSolomonCBS @GottliebShow Market place is language used so as to not blame Texas.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@caingle @JonSolomonCBS @GottliebShow for ESPN the math is simple LHN 20M at $.01 < B12N 50M at $0.50.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom