Non-Key Tweets | Page 544 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 37m37 minutes ago

Greg Flugaur Retweeted Jason Williams

https://mobile.twitter.com/jwilliamscincy/status/738457379172421632…
1f379.png

Greg Flugaur added,

Jason Williams @jwilliamscincy
@daniel2burke Vibe in media room, though, is if expansion: UC and UConn w/ BYU as wild card.

1 retweet 7 likes

Reaction Score
Brad Bannister ‏@BradBanny 11h11 hours ago
@MH ver3 sure hope WVU is preparing to land in a new home at the end of the current contract.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 11h11 hours ago
@BradBanny we have had talks with one conference about moving in tandem with OU after GOR is up.

The Bad Guy ‏@snoopdoug44 5h5 hours ago
@MH ver3 @BradBanny meaning the SEC

Andy smith ‏@Doctor_alesmith 4h4 hours ago
@snoopdoug44 @MH ver3 @BradBanny why would Oklahoma move with WV instead of OSU

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
@Doctor_alesmith @snoopdoug44 @BradBanny because sec wants both and not osu

Scott MacHaggis ‏@ScottMacHaggis 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 @Doctor_alesmith @snoopdoug44 @BradBanny Why would the SEC want WVU, they passed on them in 2012 and took Missouri instead?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@ScottMacHaggis @Doctor_alesmith @snoopdoug44 @BradBanny and last time it was about markets next time it will be about tradition

@ScottMacHaggis @Doctor_alesmith @snoopdoug44 @BradBanny because they only took Mizzou by the slimmest margines.

The Bad Guy ‏@snoopdoug44 51m51 minutes ago
@MH ver3 @ScottMacHaggis @Doctor_alesmith @BradBanny OU had the invite to go with aTm and turned it down twice

So two positives from today: presentation showed how adding schools can add money without a network and CCG discussions were very productive

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 5h5 hours ago
Boren:if we don't expand the league to at least 12 and add network then OU will be searching for a new home for 2024

Boomer17 ‏@Boomer145 5h5 hours ago
@MH ver3 There is literally NO way Boren ever said that. He is a politician who would never box himself in with time frames.

@Boomer145 I'm not sure if those were his exact words but that is what I was told

Boomer17 ‏@Boomer145 5h5 hours ago
@MH ver3 If OU looks for a new home it will be long before 2024 but he would never broadcast specifics

@Boomer145 I'm telling you he's already found the new home. WVU as well. Both preferred to fix this league though

Joe Staffileno ‏@Michiganeer 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 @Boomer145 where would that be?

@Michiganeer @Boomer145 Somewhere Else Conference

Joe Staffileno ‏@Michiganeer 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 @Boomer145 I was looking for which conference specifically WVU may end up in

@Michiganeer @Boomer145 I answered you. Look closely

I'm told tempers cooled and things became much much more productive.

I'm told Bowlsby will address the media in the next hour but just expect more of the same he's already said.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 1h1 hour ago
Oh and Bowlsby might have good news for Baker Mayfield.

Jason Williams ‏@jwilliamscincy 3h3 hours agoMaryland, USA
@daniel2burke Vibe in media room, though, is if expansion: UC and UConn w/ BYU as wild card.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 32m32 minutes ago
@jwilliamscincy @daniel2burke what I've been saying since January.

Reaction Score
OU's real problems are:
1. They always get considered #2 to Texas.
2. Mom (the state of OK) won't let them go anywhere unless they bring their little brother.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'd be pissed too. OU could literally join any conference it wants--what's the purpose of tossing buckets of water off a sinking ship when you could just join the Big Ten or SEC anyways? Also, it seems like folks from OU prefer the SEC to B1G, which is kind of weird to me

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I'd be pissed too. OU could literally join any conference it wants--what's the purpose of tossing buckets of water off a sinking ship when you could just join the Big Ten or SEC anyways? Also, it seems like folks from OU prefer the SEC to B1G, which is kind of weird to me
I don't see OU as an automatic add to the B1G unless Texas was coming with them.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I don't see OU as an automatic add to the B1G unless Texas was coming with them.

Pretty sure it was reported about a month ago that the B1G had contacted OU and was very interested in adding them, and that OSU would come along for the ride. OSU is one of the premier programs in the NCAA--the B1G would be foolish to turn them away.

Reaction Score
The state of Oklahoma is the 28th most populous state in the US. With a population of 3,911,338 Oklahoma is less 400,000 more than Connecticut despite being significantly geographically larger. Of the 22 states with less population than Oklahoma only seven of the states have a P5 team (Iowa, Utah, Mississippi, Arkansas, Kansas, Nebraska and WV). To further drive home the point only 3 states with less population than Oklahoma have 2 P5 programs (Iowa, Mississippi and Kansas).

State Population by Rank, 2015

I state all the above to say there is no way either the BIG/SEC would want to take 2 schools from Oklahoma. You can only sell the cable boxes one time and either the BIG/SEC would be better served obtaining a new market somewhere else. I agree OSU is a fine program but they are not the main prize in Oklahoma.

The finances of the network conferences indicate two teams from the same state in the same conference is a losing proposition. Realignment is about money...not the quality of the athletic programs. If the BIG had to choose between OU and UConn or OU and OSU, OU-UConn would be the financial winner.....I'm not saying UConn is going to the BIG (Whaler, just breath...) only that UConn is more valuable than a redundant P5 program in a small market even if they have a better football team.

Reaction Score
The state of Oklahoma is the 28th most populous state in the US. With a population of 3,911,338 Oklahoma is less 400,000 more than Connecticut despite being significantly geographically larger. Of the 22 states with less population than Oklahoma only seven of the states have a P5 team (Iowa, Utah, Mississippi, Arkansas, Kansas, Nebraska and WV). To further drive home the point only 3 states with less population than Oklahoma have 2 P5 programs (Iowa, Mississippi and Kansas).

I state all the above to say there is no way either the BIG/SEC would want to take 2 schools from Oklahoma. You can only sell the cable boxes one time and either the BIG/SEC would be better served obtaining a new market somewhere else. I agree OSU is a fine program but they are not the main prize in Oklahoma.

The finances of the network conferences indicate two teams from the same state in the same conference is a losing proposition. Realignment is about money...not the quality of the athletic programs. If the BIG had to choose between OU and UConn or OU and OSU, OU-UConn would be the financial winner.....I'm not saying UConn is going to the BIG (Whaler, just breath...) only that UConn is more valuable than a redundant P5 program in a small market even if they have a better football team.
This reminds me of a post I saw on CSN about the "qualities" of a P5 school, which I think bodes pretty well for UConn. The poster gave a good breakdown:

"Here's a breakdown of the 65 P5 schools:

33 are the flagship university of their state (don't tell me your state legislature has designated five schools as flagships. Except for New York, every state has a single university that is the clear flagship).

13 are land grant universities that are not their state's flagship university.

6 are public urban research universities that are clearly the number 2 (or number 1)public university in their state, in states whose flagship is also their land grant university. (UCLA, Florida St., Pittsburgh, Georgia Tech, Arizona St., and Louisville).

Texas is the only state with three public universities in the P5, with Texas Tech being neither a flagship nor a land grant.

12 are private universities. Each of these is in the USNWR top 100 (TCU is the lowest ranked at #82). Two are in states with no public university in the P5 (Syracuse and BC). Two are in states with only one public university in the P5 (Northwestern and Vanderbilt). Six are in the four most populous states (USC, Stanford, Baylor, TCU, Miami and Syracuse). One is the highest ranked Catholic university in the country (Notre Dame, USNWR #18). Two are in the USNWR top ten (Stanford and Duke). Three others are in the USNWR top twenty (Northwestern, Vanderbilt and Notre Dame). Three others are in the USNWR top thirty (USC, Wake Forest and BC).

The FBS schools outside the P5 that look most like P5 members are: UConn (Flagship), Colorado St. (Land Grant), Cincinnati (Number 2 public university in Ohio - based on research designation, not USNWR ranking), Memphis (Number 2 public university in Tennessee), and UMass (Flagship). Memphis and UMass are hurt by the fact that a private university is occupying their state niche."

Reaction Score
George Schroeder Verified account 
‏@GeorgeSchroeder
Boren: Other Power 5 schools aren’t candidates for Big 12 expansion. “We have to be realistic about the schools that are available."

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
In other words....no FSU & Clemson to Big 12.
Ok....everybody understand?
LOL!

"I'd rather not discuss that .... but yes," said Boren regarding whether the Big 12 was looking at G5 schools.
Everybody understand?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
Boren looking at in candidates: academics, media market, type of research institution. "We want to make sure they're not dilutive."

What 2 schools best fit those requirement?
Honestly....
Type of Research?
UCONN/UC

Reaction Score
George Schroeder Verified account 
‏@GeorgeSchroeder
Boren: Other Power 5 schools aren’t candidates for Big 12 expansion. “We have to be realistic about the schools that are available."

In other words....no FSU & Clemson to Big 12.
Ok....everybody understand?
LOL!

"I'd rather not discuss that .... but yes," said Boren regarding whether the Big 12 was looking at G5 schools.
Everybody understand?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
Boren looking at in candidates: academics, media market, type of research institution. "We want to make sure they're not dilutive."

What 2 schools best fit those requirement?
Honestly....
Type of Research?
UCONN/UC

Flug should just tweet this to dude:

Reaction Score

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hopefully the end of The Big 12's Deal coincides with the end of The AAC's as well. Should Armageddon occur and UT, OU, and KU bolt, the remaining 7 with a select few others would make a very nice conference.

West- BYU, CSU, K State OK State, TTU, TCU, Baylor, Houston,
East- ISU, Cincy, WVU, UCONN, Navy, Temple, UCF, USF

Yes, but that conference would be the Big 12. That's the key think driving expansion now I believe. The Big 12 has the media contract and is in the P5. Even if they lose OU and UT they won't get kicked out of the P5 club. So those Big 12 leftover need to add schools to ensure that result. It also ensures that schools like ECU and Tulane can be left behind.

Reaction Score
Yes, but that conference would be the Big 12. That's the key think driving expansion now I believe. The Big 12 has the media contract and is in the P5. Even if they lose OU and UT they won't get kicked out of the P5 club. So those Big 12 leftover need to add schools to ensure that result. It also ensures that schools like ECU and Tulane can be left behind.

The only thing we know about conference realignment long term is making broad pronouncements like that is silly. The Big XII -- sans Texas and OU -- wouldn't be kicked out of the club? How do we know that? They shrunk the club from six conferences to five after (old) Big East defections.

Reaction Score

Far be it from me to come to the defense of OU, but I think it's only fair to point out that north Texas from the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex on up has completely been turned over to loud, course, no teeth-having fat white people from Oklahoma and Arkansas.

I can't even stand to go north of Waco anymore. It just disgusts me. And yeah. I admit it. I really am a south Texas liberal hipster snob who prefers the culture and company of folks who spill over our southern border instead of our northern one.

I'd rather build a wall on the Red River than the Rio Grande.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Pretty sure it was reported about a month ago that the B1G had contacted OU and was very interested in adding them, and that OSU would come along for the ride. OSU is one of the premier programs in the NCAA--the B1G would be foolish to turn them away.

Okie? Is that you? How is OSU a premier program? And at some point academics will play into the B1G's decision making. Neither OU or OSU is AAU and both offer academic rankings that are FAR below UConn. While I can see the B1G kicking the tires of overlooking AAU/academics to bring in OU, under the right scenario, the idea of OSU joining OU to the B1G is about as ridiculous as it comes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Far be it from me to come to the defense of OU, but I think it's only fair to point out that north Texas from the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex on up has completely been turned over to loud, course, no teeth-having fat white people from Oklahoma and Arkansas.
So help me out here, how exactly does that comment help OU, lol?
Was that the internet equivalent of 'bless his heart?'

Reaction Score

I can't even stand to go north of Waco anymore. It just disgusts me. And yeah. I admit it. I really am a south Texas liberal hipster snob who prefers the culture and company of folks who spill over our southern border instead of our northern one.

I'd rather build a wall on the Red River than the Rio Grande.

Please remind me, why do 99% of Oklahoma Supporters want to get the hell out of the Big 12? Never mind I'd say its pretty clear.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 16m16 minutes ago
So far B12 meetings have played out as expected.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 15m15 minutes ago
Except for the heat between Texas & OU. Reports were Texas was onboard with expansion for the right candidates.

The right candidates being P5. But what about Boren's comments?

The Big 12 is waiting on the ACC deal with ESPN. No harm in doing so. No need to rush.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 14m14 minutes ago
No network truly means no expansion. No P5 school is going to jump without the B12 having a network.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 13m13 minutes ago
UT has clearly said they want more than $15M to consider giving up LHN. But how much?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 13m13 minutes ago
It's easy to do if the Big 12 adds 4 G5 schools. The new members pay the price for the length of the LHN contract.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 12m12 minutes ago
P5 schools are not interested in that type of deal.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 12m12 minutes ago
So we wait. I expect a CCG at least to be announced.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Just noticed 1.3 million views on this thread!

More than double the key tweets views.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Man, I hate being the last jar on the shelf. The stank of something being wrong with us increases everyday. I hope the BHV report changes that narrative.

Actually, if I'm honest with myself, what I really hope is that someone else invites us. While we would gladly accept an invite, the geography of the Big 12 is a nightmare for us. I'd love for the B1G (preferably) or the ACC to sweep in and take us out of play. Once we're back in the P5 club, regardless of conference, our stature skyrockets; we lose the stank of being left on the shelf, and our attendance numbers skyrocket. All we need is for someone to pull the trigger.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Man, I hate being the last jar on the shelf. The stank of something being wrong with us increases everyday. I hope the BHV report changes that narrative.

Actually, if I'm honest with myself, what I really hope is that someone else invites us. While we would gladly accept an invite, the geography of the Big 12 is a nightmare for us. I'd love for the B1G (preferably) or the ACC to sweep in and take us out of play. Once we're back in the P5 club, regardless of conference, our stature skyrockets; we lose the stank of being left on the shelf, and our attendance numbers skyrocket. All we need is for someone to pull the trigger.
While true, the travel really would not much different than the AAC, with schools in Tampa, Southern Louisiana, two in Texas, and one in Oklahoma.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom