Non-Key Tweets | Page 516 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I'm not going to get into the other stuff, but as far as this goes, I think his suggestion was the UT would play all of its other sports in the ACC while going independent in football, ND-style.

Ahh.... I bet you're right. D'oh! Why didn't I see that?

Reaction Score
Don't you think it was the Chair of the BOT giving his President a tug on the leash...sort of saying, "Hey...you report to us and I will not be a wallflower".

I see an ego clash between Boren and his BOT Chair. They are of a similar age and Boren has been putting himself up front in the CR discussions..

Just a little pull on the leash to remind him of his BOT.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 6h6 hours ago
Pay attention to what happens in the ACC meetings.

Big 12 Update: Expansion lacks the votes necessary. Network still an option but Texas a hard sell.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 5h5 hours ago
@timbrando says the ACC network is coming. Others say ESPN would rather pony up the cash and not do ACCN.

A network is just as important for the ACC as it is for the Big 12. ACC has the advantage in that Texas is in the Big 12.

Eric Ruby ‏@hoorayforeric 6h6 hours ago
@theDudeofWV I wouldn't put too much on Chuck Carlton's article. Just sayin'.

@hoorayforeric I'm just saying you have no idea.

Eric Ruby ‏@hoorayforeric 6h6 hours ago
@theDudeofWV you don't either at this point. B12 didn't spend thousands on research to throw it out & rely on politics & geographical bias

@hoorayforeric Ha! You actually said that! Stop for a second and think about the conference we are talking about. I'll let you retract.

Eric Ruby ‏@hoorayforeric 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Haha, true. But to research and stick w/their "good ol'" connections, doesn't make sense. But then again, B12 be B12.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@hoorayforeric Right now it's all Texas. Texas doesn't care if KSU or WVU have a 10% better chance at making the playoffs with expansion.

Eric Ruby ‏@hoorayforeric 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV correction Texas be Texas.

@hoorayforeric Because Texas believes, maybe rightly so, that if they win the Big 12 they make the playoffs. Because they are the Longhorns.

Scott Moore ‏@CoachSM 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @TimBrando I hear ACC may be wanting to wait and see what happens with all the cable cutting going on if there a different way

@CoachSM @TimBrando My opinion is this: it's a network or bust for the both the Big 12 and ACC. Not in 3 years. Not in 5. Get moving now.

@theDudeofWV @TimBrando devils advocate: what if the networks are going away and online subscription services come about ESPN laying off

@CoachSM @TimBrando I don't buy that. ESPN is on slingbox now. You can get LHN on a gaming device.

@theDudeofWV @TimBrando I've always heard you don't want to be the first or the last to do something and big12/ACC would be last to market

@CoachSM @TimBrando Distribution may change but as long as the content is market-pull it will be profitable.

@CoachSM I would.

Scott Moore ‏@CoachSM 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Me too! I almost wonder if starting one and tying it to ESPN3 wouldn't be a better idea with the way technology is going

The Bad Guy ‏@snoopdoug44 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @CoachSM I cut my @DIRECTV off in January only have very basic service now. Tired of paying 130 per month for a few hours watch

sam s ‏@huskiesnyc 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV think they might be proactive for once and snatch up UConn before the Big 12 does?

@huskiesnyc No. ACC has no interest in expanding. It's far larger than it should be already

sam s ‏@huskiesnyc 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV it makes sense for them to add one if ND is forced to join all sports.

Raymond Greenbriar ‏@RedmanCincy 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Finally getting rid of Boston College?

@RedmanCincy Never said that...but I would... and Wake. Instantly increase revenues. Does anybody in Boston care about BC or the ACC?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
This --->
There's infighting at Oklahoma over potential Big 12 expansion - CBSSports.com

The Bad Guy ‏@snoopdoug44 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV two very rich men who don't want to piss off their business ties in Austin

@snoopdoug44 And to think some believe the Big 12 has already made a decision.

@theDudeofWV old school dudes. Clay Bennett had no problem 'stealing' and NBA Team though lol. Not really NBA knew they were going to OKC

@snoopdoug44 Boren doesn't need his board's approval. Reagents just want to vent.

@theDudeofWV they love Boren for the most part

@snoopdoug44 There is a growing segment in the Big 12 who are starting to really smell expansion now that it may be close.

@theDudeofWV yep for sure Dude

@snoopdoug44 ESPN definitely wants the LHN albatross gone. If the ACC doesn't get a network then the Big 12 could be more attractive.

@snoopdoug44 If I were Bowlsby and Boren I would wait and see what happens with the ACCN.

@theDudeofWV I mostly agree. I don't want to wait but seems like the smart Thing

@snoopdoug44 It's like when you buy a new bike and then a better bike comes out that's maybe on clearance. Just wait a few months...

@theDudeofWV oh god I've done that a few times. Man I hate that

@theDudeofWV and maybe they don't want Boren to commit long term to Big12 ?????

@snoopdoug44 Truth is it would be easier to leave IF the Big 12 had 12. Less damage to the Big 12.

@theDudeofWV that's been my take too but then OU and WVU would be the bad guys

@snoopdoug44 I don't think anybody is happy with the candidates. OU's reagents just said what the others are thinking.

@theDudeofWV that is probably true. I'm like you. One day lets just expand and the next I'm like meh only with the right schools

@snoopdoug44 Expansion is just a means to a network. That's my opinion.

Reaction Score
Kenneth Mason‏@KenJMason
I'll say it again, if I'm OU I pay whatever it is I gotta pay and get the hell up outta the big 12.

RedDirtSport‏@RedDirtSport
RedDirtSport Retweeted Kenneth Mason

Wouldn't even be paying. Conference would dissolve

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 35m35 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport @KenJMason The price tag would be over $600 million American dollars.

JD ‏@aggie_hood 34m34 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @RedDirtSport @KenJMason moar like Eleventy billion amirite?

Kenneth Mason ‏@KenJMason 32m32 minutes ago
@aggie_hood @theDudeofWV @RedDirtSport YIKES

RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 29m29 minutes ago
@KenJMason @aggie_hood @theDudeofWV Again. conference will cease to be as soon as one of OU/KU/Texas says "Peace" scare tactics dont work

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 20m20 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport @KenJMason @aggie_hood After doing a year of research I wrote this
This is the End – The Big 12 is Safe

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 20m20 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport @KenJMason @aggie_hood It clearly explains why the GoR is binding & why the cost to challenge it would be too great.

RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 19m19 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @KenJMason @aggie_hood That's all well and good but anyone with options would leave/challenge/beg/borrow/steal at the same time

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 17m17 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport @KenJMason @aggie_hood That's not about opinion. It's about case law & math.

RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 15m15 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @KenJMason @aggie_hood Nah i'm good.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 14m14 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport @KenJMason @aggie_hood That's wrong then. You can't advocate that course without knowing the costs.

JD ‏@aggie_hood 12m12 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport @theDudeofWV @KenJMason Eleventy. Billion. My article:

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 14m14 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport @KenJMason @aggie_hood Guess what? Damages to the B12 could be over $2.4 BILLION if OU leaves.

RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 11m11 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @KenJMason @aggie_hood There wouldn't be a league.. The league is on the back of OU/Texas. We get off it's over. sorry

RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 11m11 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @KenJMason @aggie_hood Your school wont be collecting crapola it'll be scrambling to leave as well

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3m3 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport @KenJMason @aggie_hood Because if the B12 can keep the TV contract intact damages greatly reduced.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4m4 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport @KenJMason @aggie_hood Why do you think OU & WVU have really been pushing for expansion?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 5m5 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport @KenJMason @aggie_hood Yea but the law and all that ...

RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 22m22 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @KenJMason @aggie_hood its worthless and you know it

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 18m18 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport @KenJMason @aggie_hood In 2013 Jason Hutzler wrote a story for Fox about the GoR. He was wrong.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 21m21 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport @KenJMason @aggie_hood Read it. It's actually more binding on UT & OU because they wrote it.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 6m6 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport @KenJMason @aggie_hood Why do you think OU & WVU have really been pushing for expansion?

JD ‏@aggie_hood 41m41 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @RedDirtSport @KenJMason moar like Eleventy billion amirite?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 6m6 minutes ago
@aggie_hood @RedDirtSport @KenJMason If the B12 has less than 10 their TV contract is void.

ME: Trouble in paradise :cool:

Reaction Score
Wait, did he really write a legal opinion of the GOR?

When someone writing that the GORs are enforceable even where you don't have to pay the departing school for their games actually tells me how that works under antitrust and other laws encouraging free competition, wake me up. He spent a huge amount of time stating the obvious and unimportant (which basically boiled down to a grant of rights is enforceable because it's a contract and contracts are generally enforceable). Yawn.

Reaction Score
When someone writing that the GORs are enforceable even where you don't have to pay the departing school for their games actually tells me how that works under antitrust and other laws encouraging free competition, wake me up.

Please explain, and remember, IANAL.

Reaction Score
Please explain, and remember, I
th_small_heart.png
ANAL.

FIFY (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Edit: (shakes fist) Damn you Husky92!! LOL

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 31m31 minutes ago
We tweeted in Spring of "15" Big 12 OU/KU were the targets of B1G expansion over any ACC schools because they most vulnerable...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 29m29 minutes ago
We tweeted in Spring of "15" ESPN would maintain ACC...support ACC....ACC is more stable than B12.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 28m28 minutes ago
We got plenty of grief over our passed info from BTM in Spring "15"...Dude of WV had a nervous breakdown....and sent angry emails.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 27m27 minutes ago
There are some who can't read,who can't comprehend what they read.We haven't spouted ACC schools as being B1G targets over OU/KU forever...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 25m25 minutes ago
ACC stability is > than B12 and it has been our message. Why? Because ESPN choosed ACC & UT products over others in B12 and will continue

Aaron‏@posas13
@flugempire Are Minnesota people happy that the B10 expanded East?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 22m22 minutes ago
@posas13 Of course. Why wouldn't we? It has only made our Athletic Programs more valuable...more exposure..

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 19m19 minutes ago
@flugempire @posas13 Nebraska loves the east as well.

Aaron ‏@posas13 17m17 minutes ago
@flugempire I agree. Was just asking. I am curious if they'd be in favor of adding ACC schools if available.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 14m14 minutes ago
@posas13 Probably. But ESPN is going to do all they can to extend ACC GOR...build up ACCN...put wall between ACC schools and Delany.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 13m13 minutes ago
@posas13 ESPN won't go through fire and broken glass for B12 as a whole...for Texas yes...but not the Conference.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 11m11 minutes ago
@flugempire @posas13 IMO, a B12 contract with escalators guaranteeing payouts for ANY expansion is a bad deal for ESPN/FOX.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 11m11 minutes ago
@flugempire @posas13 ESPN/FOX are better off getting out the B12 deal and creating a new B12 without OU/UT and KU

Aaron ‏@posas13 10m10 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub @flugempire part of me wants the B12 to add Cinci. Just to give OSU another thing to keep their eye on.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 23m23 minutes ago
I was alerted to some people who accuse us of having switched positions recently on who was most unstable between ACC & B12. Nope. Wrong

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 19m19 minutes ago
We have explained why... B12 Footprint too small...does not have "favorite nation status" or 2nd favored nation status" with FOX or ESPN

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 17m17 minutes ago
None of this is Earth Shattering....but some are now saying we have been saying otherwise. Again...people have lost the ability to read.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 7m7 minutes ago
In fact, one of the items BTM/B10 perception got wrong is it was thought in B10 circles that ACCN would be announced before end of "15"

Jake TrotterVerified account‏@Jake_Trotter
OU has released two statements, one from David Boren, the other from board chair Max Weitzenhoffer:

CiDKqQVUYAEwRJ_.jpg

CiDKqQXVEAAuApf.jpg

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3m3 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Jake Trotter

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/729805976275030018… As I stated earlier today...OU Regent statement to Dodd will be a 1 day story. Boren laid down Boomer Sooner Law

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 17m17 minutes ago
Could have some big news coming from ACC country soon. Should also put to rest any defectors from ACC

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 16m16 minutes ago
ND could be going all in(rumor) and ACCN is going to be announced(rumor but leaning towards fact)

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 16m16 minutes ago
Also ACC could be targeting a school that B12 is talking to for expansion. In hearing Uconn but have heard Cincy from others.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 15m15 minutes ago
Looking like ESPN is going to invest their B10 $$ into ACC and B12 to keep those brands strong.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 14m14 minutes ago
ACC leadership is what B12 leadership should be. Quick to act and unified.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 14m14 minutes ago
I hate swofford but give him his respect.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 13m13 minutes ago
Even with ACCN that conference will still be last in TV revenue but tv$$$ isn't everything to the schools the B10 was targeting.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 25m25 minutes ago
Well looks like Boren is standing his ground.

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 24m24 minutes ago
@MH ver3 so got a ?. Do you think B1G grabs 2 schools from ACC even on a verge of ACC network?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 24m24 minutes ago
@JonBCoker it's looking less likely but there is still a window there.

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 15m15 minutes ago
@MH ver3 but in the end, possibly 4 power conferences. Each have 14-20 members. Lol. Who knows at this point. Lot of speculation and smoke

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 21m21 minutes ago
@MH ver3 I think somehow, B1g goes to 16. Possibly more. ACC gets their network. Possibly with Texas. SEC grabs 2 from somewhere. Thoughts?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 20m20 minutes ago
@JonBCoker I don't think ACC gets UT. But the rest I could see

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 18m18 minutes ago
@MH ver3 I was thinking 1 of 2 things. A. Texas looks after themselves only. Possibly Pac12, but want eastern exposure or B. May go ACC (1/2)

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 17m17 minutes ago
@MH ver3 (2/2) & ESPN converts LHN into ACCN and still guarantees Texas 15+ million as deal. Also, either ND goes in full or bring in partner

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 22m22 minutes ago
@MH ver3 what does your gut say? OU staying or going?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 21m21 minutes ago
@MurrDCU staying. For now at least. GOR is too expensive to leave.

Bruce Harris ‏@JBruceHarris 22m22 minutes ago
@MH ver3 to what avail

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 21m21 minutes ago
@JBruceHarris he is driving expansion.

LaughDoc ‏@LaughDoc 6m6 minutes ago
@MH ver3 It's so funny that Boren "looks" like a hero now by supporting expansion. Had he done this 4 years ago we wouldn't be in this mess.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 12h12 hours ago
CFB landscape starting to change drastically.Look's like you will have new favorite channels. :)

Dave Lego ‏@Lego1512 11h11 hours ago
@Bluevodreal does this mean ESPN will have money for an ACC network now?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 11h11 hours ago
@Lego1512 Maybe but the network does not make anywhere near what they make on their own channels with content. It would be a head scratcher.

Randy Watts ‏@randywatts7 6h6 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @Lego1512 do ACC schools stay put with an ACC network?

Dave Lego ‏@Lego1512 6h6 hours ago
@randywatts7 @Bluevodreal yes, ACC network makes their GOR enforceable. Supposed to be in '17 but ESPN delayed the launch back in October.

Randy Watts ‏@randywatts7 2h2 hours ago
@Lego1512 @Bluevodreal There is way too much smoke for ACC and big12 to have enforceable GOR's. Schools must think they have an out

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 21m21 minutes ago
@randywatts7 @Lego1512 they do know they can get out.

alex bricker ‏@abrick75 6h6 hours ago
@Bluevodreal check this out
What a blown-up CFB map could look like

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 6h6 hours ago
@abrick75 He has it all wrong. It is all about $ and TV eyeballs. Cin to Big 10 I fell out of my chair

alex bricker ‏@abrick75 5h5 hours ago
@Bluevodreal this is from a post on Facebook. Great spot for you to post your knowledge :)

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 5h5 hours ago
@abrick75 I'll have to check in. I forgot all about it. Tell them Bluevod is coming to FB lol

alex bricker ‏@abrick75 5h5 hours ago
@Bluevodreal stop forgetting :) no reason you should be limited to twitter :)

ME: ROTFLMAO

Reaction Score
24 hours plus and no non-key tweets? Say it ain't so, non-key fatigue has officially set in along with the zika virus.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 17h17 hours ago
Also ACC could be targeting a school that B12 is talking to for expansion. In hearing Uconn but have heard Cincy from others.

80s Tiger ‏@80sTiger 17h17 hours ago
THE @MH ver3 problem with this is that the B12 isn't talking to UConn

Dan Allen ‏@Danostrat 2h2 hours ago
Dan Allen Retweeted Kirk H. Schulz

@80sTiger @MH ver3 https://twitter.com/kstate_pres/status/668947940963168256… D'Oh?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@Danostrat @80sTiger @kstate_pres @UConn @kstate_1stlady Memphis fans can't cope with possibility they could be left out

Boo-Yah! ‏@Merrick7950 28m28 minutes ago
@MH ver3 @Danostrat @80sTiger @kstate_pres @UConn @kstate_1stlady Wow, shot at MEM. Fact is, most of us realize we're a dark-horse candidate

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 27m27 minutes ago
@Merrick7950 @Danostrat @80sTiger @kstate_pres @UConn @kstate_1stlady shouldn't have been so inclusive-SOME Memphis fans...sorry

New rumor from B12 country. 3 large donors from schools not named UT are offering to help buy UT out of LHN

These donors have jointly agreed to pay UT all the LHN money they have pledged to academics-plus 10%, for the remainder of LHN contract

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 1h1 hour ago
These donors are also pledging to buy back some Tier3 content that fox controls for a B12N

These 3 donors are from Baylor, WVU, and OKST.

UTDrew6 ‏@UTDrew6 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 Boone Pickens donates a lot to UT. He's one of them I'm sure.

MH ver3 ‏@MH v er3 1h1 hour ago
@UTDrew6 I wasn't given their names but I'm assuming Pickens was one. No clue on Baylor guy. WVU is either Mylan's estate or Kendrick.

TheFrogCast ‏@TheFrogCastTCU 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 @UTDrew6 T Boone could start his own conference

Jay Pritchard ‏@columbiasooner 1h1 hour ago
@TheFrogCastTCU @MH ver3 @UTDrew6 Baylor has a few possibilities Drayton McClane most likely.

TheFrogCast ‏@TheFrogCastTCU 1h1 hour ago
@columbiasooner @MH ver3 @UTDrew6 B12 has issues but man those donors are loaded, even with oil and gas down.

Interesting tidbit: OU source says AZ and AZST would join B12 today if not for the Pac12 GOR.

These two schools could be the reason why B12 thinks 14 is the ideal number for now.

brock ‏@bc_frogs 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 Why don't the 8 TX/OK/KS schools join PAC to make it 20-team league + absorb UA/ASU/into a 10-team east div? Fixes P12N distrib prob

@bc_frogs same reason they didn't take UT and friends last time. LHN. And now GOR.

brock ‏@bc_frogs 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 LHN already on the table & 8-9 can dissolve B12 GOR. Seems issue is $ because of P12N probs + UT not wanting to be in a mega-league

Dan Gygax ‏@GygaxIsGod 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 what would that do to the ND NBC contract if they are in the ACC?? Wouldn't the ACC request a GoR?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 33m33 minutes ago
@GygaxIsGod NBC contract is my question as well.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 6h6 hours ago
http://thefranchiseok.com/ou-regents-should-pipe-down-and-trust-david-boren/… Yep. All of it.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
Expanded College Football Playoffs is not happening anytime soon. TV Media Partners love the current set-up....love their current contract

But some continue to use this "hope" of a sudden change to expanded College FB Playoffs to put their head deep into their sandbox

The solution to B12 issues is not an expanded playoffs anyways....but you already know this...

We have some people on Twitter who have gone from"B12 has easiest pathway to playoffs" to "B12 believes it's not broken, needs plyoffs at 6"

John Hemelgarn ‏@98bearcat 3h3 hours ago
John Hemelgarn Retweeted Greg Flugaur

B12 = denial..denial..denial.. no accountability, let's blame the Playoff structure instead, couldn't possibly be us

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3h3 hours ago
College TV Partners pay lots of $ for regular season games (Conf & Non Conf) They don't want to devalue importance of these games.

@mavblues @Big12Conference No. If BYU is excluded it's because they are in "3rd B12 Timezone"...FOX don't support BYU addition to B12

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 3h3 hours ago
So who is looking out for OU's best interest? Seems like Boren is obsessed with keeping OU/OSU tied together. Huge mistake.

@NebGradDubDub OU's best interest is in the Big 12.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV OU/OSU best interest is the B12. OU's best interest is not the B12. It's the B10 or SEC. IMO, B10

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
@NebGradDubDub It's the Big 12 at least until 2023.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV I agree with you on the GOR, but I think OU can get out of it with help from the remaining B12 members and FOX/ESPN....

@theDudeofWV OU announcing future intentions to leave the B12 after current GOR would be very damaging to the rest of the B12.....

@theDudeofWV the uncertainty of the league's future would kill recruiting and stop future financial projects for the rest of its members

@theDudeofWV in other words, if OU wants out tomorrow, the rest of the B12 would be wise to collect a fee and let them go

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1m1 minute ago
@NebGradDubDub No. That's not happening. The fee would be very, very large.

@NebGradDubDub Boren can't move OU out of B12 unless it's total B12 implosion OU will move out in 2025 if reform not tried..or not worked

@NebGradDubDub Boren is not the problem in the B12. To do nothing is certain death of B12 in 7-8 years

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire it's looking like to me, that Boren is trying to keep OU/OSU together.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
@NebGradDubDub Boren has always wanted to save B12 first. But if he can't...better for OU future exit that he tried everything to save B12

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
In other news.... So where are the people who told me I know nothing when I said the Big 12 wouldn't likely expand?

The current thought process in the Big 12 is this: We are not broken. The playoff system needs 6 spots. 1 each P5 champ & 1 at large.

Yea WVU and OU still want to expand....

Lyons says network and expansion are tied. they are a package.

It should be very clear that B1G fan boys know nothing about the Big 12.

@NebGradDubDub My statement about B1G fanboys was not directed at you my friend.

Carson Ingle ‏@caingle 4h4 hours ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN Anything to say about the Coloradoan beat writer basically saying CSU won't be seriously considered for B12 expansion?

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 56m56 minutes ago
@caingle We'll see. I was surprised by Colorado St as top 4 possibility but trust my sources. Still, UConn, Cincy, BYU better positioned.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4m4 minutes ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN @caingle BYU and UCONN are the schools of the day - today.

Reaction Score
Utini ‏@PromiscuousJawa · May 9
The B12 has become that person that lets all of their personal drama out on social media for the whole world to see. But....

You're about to see what happens when another more respectable group,that handles their business internally, strikes like a cobra.

Reaction Score
I like the duds tweet about discovering and wearing suspenders. I thought you were the exception if you did not where suspenders in WV.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I like the duds tweet about discovering and wearing suspenders. I thought you were the exception if you did not where suspenders in WV.

I think you mean overalls.

Reaction Score
The B12 has become that person that lets all of their personal drama out on social media for the whole world to see. But....

You're about to see what happens when another more respectable group,that handles their business internally, strikes like a cobra.
This must mean Uconn to the B1G. Both very quite.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 22h22 hours ago
Even with ACCN that conference will still be last in TV revenue but tv$$$ isn't everything to the schools the B10 was targeting.

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 8h8 hours ago
@MH ver3 ACC will lose 4 schools to B1G since ACCN would never produce more than 50% of B1G/SEC Network revenues.

Ringneck85 ‏@Ringneck85 7h7 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @MH ver3 Those 4 schools being UNC, Duke, UVA, and GaTech.

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 6h6 hours ago
@Ringneck85 @MH ver3 @Bluevodreal Realisticly the B1G may include UVA, UNC, GT, FSU, UT & ND by 2017. This is a very, very real probability.

Ringneck85 ‏@Ringneck85 6h6 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @MH ver3 @Bluevodreal FSU is not AAU and not contiguous. They don't fit culturally with the B1G.

@Ringneck85 @MH ver3 @Bluevodreal FSU apps are in to AAU for B1G membership per previous & current school presidents.

@Iamgrizzly1974 @MH ver3 @Bluevodreal tell me again when they sent these apps in.

@Ringneck85 @MH ver3 @Bluevodreal It is in the works, accept it. B1G looking to as much as $50m to $60 per school. With international demand.

@Iamgrizzly1974 @MH ver3 @Bluevodreal I don't doubt the numbers, I doubt FSu is part of their plan.

@Ringneck85 @Iamgrizzly1974 @MH ver3 I Know first hand they are.

@Ringneck85 @MH ver3 @Bluevodreal Realisticly the B1G may include UVA, UNC, GT, FSU, UT & ND by 2017. This is a very, very real probability.

@Iamgrizzly1974 @Ringneck85 @MH ver3 If I had to bet that would be the most plausible.

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @MH ver3 Reasonable conversation is lost by some. This one butthead is going off about AAU. Sheesh. The CIC's the academic prize

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @Ringneck85 @MH ver3 Some ass hats get testy when they are provided infovthey do not like let alone are willing to accept.

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 1h1 hour ago
@Bluevodreal @Genetics56 @randywatts7 @morrison1124 ESPN in desperate, will go with ACCN if ND is a full in member and UT jumps from B12.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 36m36 minutes ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @Genetics56 @randywatts7 @morrison1124 it took several years for BTN to make money and now only 1 million per school payout

Expansion_crush ‏@Expansion_Crush 1m1 minute ago
@Bluevodreal @Iamgrizzly1974 @Genetics56 @randywatts7 @morrison1124 1million was profit share. Contract with fix pays 8 million per team/yr

wigenetics1 ‏@Genetics56 34m34 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @Iamgrizzly1974 @randywatts7 @morrison1124 i doubt espn does an acc network

wigenetics1 ‏@Genetics56 35m35 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @Iamgrizzly1974 @randywatts7 @morrison1124 espn continues to be money drain. Disney fell short if earnings..mass job cuts

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 30m30 minutes ago
@Genetics56 @Iamgrizzly1974 @randywatts7 @morrison1124 yep real issues with bundle rev leaving. Told ESPN not leading for big10 2nd rights

wigenetics1 ‏@Genetics56 29m29 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @Iamgrizzly1974 @randywatts7 @morrison1124 NBC? That is the word on the street.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 28m28 minutes ago
@Genetics56 @Iamgrizzly1974 @randywatts7 @morrison1124 yep with CBS taking a chunk of hoops

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 24m24 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @Genetics56 @randywatts7 @morrison1124 The ACC has a fraction of viewers the B1G has, not even close.

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 24m24 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @Genetics56 @randywatts7 @morrison1124 The ACCN will not bring near the revenues in that the B1G brought.

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 23m23 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @Genetics56 @randywatts7 @morrison1124 Losing the B1G will accumulate more losses than profits than the ACC can bring!

wigenetics1 ‏@Genetics56 22m22 minutes ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @Bluevodreal @randywatts7 @morrison1124 and if delany can kill the acc, he will have won the war with espn. Espn's mistake

wigenetics1 ‏@Genetics56 21m21 minutes ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @Bluevodreal @randywatts7 @morrison1124 was pissing of delany about 10 years ago.

Andy smith ‏@Doctor_alesmith 27m27 minutes agoCleveland, OH
@Bluevodreal @Genetics56 @Iamgrizzly1974 @randywatts7 @morrison1124 so nbc or nbcsport or both

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 25m25 minutes ago
@Doctor_alesmith @Genetics56 @Iamgrizzly1974 @randywatts7 @morrison1124 they will use all their networks to show multiple games.

ME: The Big Tenner peanut gallery is in session! :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom