Non-Key Tweets | Page 514 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
The reality is that Temple is never going to be Philly's team.
IMO they don't need to be Philly's team. They just need a presence - which is what they had last year thanks to a pretty good football team. They packed the Linc against Notre Dame and generally got pretty good ratings, and in general they're a good excuse to put X, Y or Z conference network on the top tier of Philly TV stations.

Plus the vast, vast majority of their alumni stay in the NY-to-DC megalopolis. Even if they're all sorta Penn State fans instead, that's still a lot of people who will notice when Texas/Michigan/Florida State is in town.

If Temple was a stock I'd buy it.

Reaction Score
Michael DeCourcy ‏@tsnmike 11h11 hours ago
Big 12 shouldn't expand until the league gets its story straighthttp://dlvr.it/LFGfH2

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
@tsnmike Excellent. No network means no expansion. Also add B12 can have the CCG with 10.

Michael DeCourcy ‏@tsnmike 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV I mentioned that. There is literally no other reason to expand

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
@tsnmike Yea. Expansion without a network does more to destabilize the Big 12 than help it.

@tsnmike But it's moot as long as Texas controls 3 votes.

Storrs South ‏@UConn6thBorough 2h2 hours ago
Storrs South Retweeted Michael Ambrosio

That has nothing to do with what I said and also you don't know what B12 wants but that's a separate conversation

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
@UConn6thBorough @Th3_Avi8t0r @MattNecci @jonscannell B12 is first & foremost a football conference. Far and Away...

Storrs South ‏@UConn6thBorough 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @Th3_Avi8t0r @MattNecci @jonscannell of course but to say that's the sole driver of expansion I would disagree with

@UConn6thBorough @Th3_Avi8t0r @MattNecci @jonscannell Revenue and the football playoffs are the only factors that matter to the B12.

Matt Necci ‏@MattNecci 2h2 hours ago Glastonbury, CT
@theDudeofWV @UConn6thBorough @Th3_Avi8t0r @jonscannell I think potential for network is higher priority than you think

@MattNecci @UConn6thBorough @Th3_Avi8t0r @jonscannell Me? I doubt a network could be any higher priority in my mind.

@ChuckCarltonDMN So why hasn't the Big 12 thought about licensing LHN from ESPN & rebroadcasting content on a Big 12 network?

@ChuckCarltonDMN The B12 has to make Texas whole anyway. Allow them to keep LHN within Texas & brand it B12N everywhere else.

@MattNecci @UConn6thBorough @Th3_Avi8t0r @jonscannell No network = no expansion.

Anyone who says they know what the Big 12 will do is just guessing.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV some aren't guessing. And it is down to individual schools. B12 isn't much of a "conference" anymore

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
@NebGradDubDub What? It's not. Expansion maybe has 5 votes at best. No consensus.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV lame duck scenario has put leverage in a few hands. No one wants to be in a league with an expiring short term GOR, IMO

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
@NebGradDubDub 7 years.

@theDudeofWV clocks ticking. Who wants to be in a league with only 2-3 yrs left on a GOR. That WILL happen at some point.

@theDudeofWV B12 will only be stable with an extended GOR. Only way that happens is if ESPN/FOX start throwing around money.

@NebGradDubDub If the B12 expands Fox/ESPN will reopen contract. They will pay more & they will extend the GoR.

@theDudeofWV that MUST happen for B12 to survive. Problem is, OU/KU/UT are better off to "take it to free agency."

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 59m59 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub Lets not go thru this again. The key is the network. B12 doesn't have much life beyond GoR without it.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 56m56 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV no demand for a B12 network. Essentially, the B12 needs it's rights fees replaced and some network gurantees.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 55m55 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV B12 is worried that the B10 will get all the OTA fox national games and the good FS1 slots.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 52m52 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV B12 is panicking thinking that the league is about to be a filler for fox like MWC/AAC are for ESPN

@theDudeofWV we should know before the end of June what the B12 will do. It's descion time. 2nd B10 contract determines their fate.

@NebGradDubDub No. It will be late summer or fall before any decisions are made.

@theDudeofWV 1st of July is an important contract date for the B12.

80s Tiger ‏@80sTiger 45m45 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV not true

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 43m43 minutes ago
@80sTiger You are so wrong. But I understand your thought process.

80s Tiger ‏@80sTiger 32m32 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV no disrespect intended. Just disagree.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 31m31 minutes ago
@80sTiger I know. I also know that no decisions have been made & expansion more unlikely than likely at this point.

ristopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 31m31 minutes ago
@80sTiger As long as Texas controls 3 votes & is against expansion it can't happen.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 30m30 minutes ago
@80sTiger I also think that if Texas agrees on expansion the internal debate on who to add will change.

Reaction Score
Come on -- even you don't believe that analysis. Before the FSU President could say "Football is the alter at which we worship " (very dramatic by the way), the Trustees would ask "how much?" If the ACC invited Temple (which I already said I have real trouble seeing), it would require finances to demand it.

Temple offers little. Neither does Tulane. Posters saying that Temple could be something a few decades from now if in a P5 conference may be right....but 20-30 years is a long time when the needs are immediate.

The FSU BOT has been pretty clear with Swofford...the ACC knows what is expected by FSU (for what that's worth). The strengthening of football and football schedules.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
SportzEdge 8:36pm via WordPress.com
Why UConn should be the only lock for Big 12 expansion (w/ poll)

Some excerpts:
  • Memphis - Please. This program has been as irrelevant as a pay phone outside of Blockbuster.'
  • Boise State - Really? The Big 12 is going to expand to Idaho? For what reason, exactly? It’s almost exactly the same distance from Dallas as Connecticut is, and you’d need to hire a private investigator to find Boise on a list of top television markets (they’re 111th).
  • Tulane - Hahahahahahahaha. Thanks. I needed a good laugh.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Some excerpts:
  • Memphis - Please. This program has been as irrelevant as a pay phone outside of Blockbuster.'
  • Boise State - Really? The Big 12 is going to expand to Idaho? For what reason, exactly? It’s almost exactly the same distance from Dallas as Connecticut is, and you’d need to hire a private investigator to find Boise on a list of top television markets (they’re 111th).
Well someone on a BYU board clearly got their hands on this.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Some excerpts:
We need to get on this. Kind of embarrassing to have the lowest vote total on WTNH poll.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We need to get on this. Kind of embarrassing to have the lowest vote total on WTNH poll.

Don't put any stock into that. Looks like someone ran the poll through a macro. BYU has 10K votes and there are 6 or 7 schools that have exactly 687-782 votes. The 782 vote school? Tulane. So yeah, someone ran this through some sort of auto vote macro.

Reaction Score
Don't put any stock into that. Looks like someone ran the poll through a macro. BYU has 10K votes and there are 6 or 7 schools that have exactly 687-782 votes. The 782 vote school? Tulane. So yeah, someone ran this through some sort of auto vote macro.

Thought/realized the same thing but kudos to them...doesn't mean a hoot to the decision makers all said and done but bad optics are bad optics. We'd be crowing up a storm if it was a Provo TV station poll.

Reaction Score

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Thought/realized the same thing but kudos to them...doesn't mean a hoot to the decision makers all said and done but bad optics are bad optics. We'd be crowing up a storm if it was a Provo TV station poll.

Agree. No decision maker ever will say "hmmm Bob, I'm on the fence with this one. I know, let's look at the ABC Connecticut Sports Edge poll".

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Unfortunately AAC Fever is terminal. No known cure :(
image.jpeg

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
IMO they don't need to be Philly's team. They just need a presence - which is what they had last year thanks to a pretty good football team. They packed the Linc against Notre Dame and generally got pretty good ratings, and in general they're a good excuse to put X, Y or Z conference network on the top tier of Philly 19k,25TV stations.

Plus the vast, vast majority of their alumni stay in the NY-to-DC megalopolis. Even if they're all sorta Penn State fans instead, that's still a lot of people who will notice when Texas/Michigan/Florida State is in town.

If Temple was a stock I'd buy it.
They had a dynamic season and yet their games against non-PSU/ND were 35k, 31k, 31k, 28k. The prior season was 28k (navy), 19k,25k,22k,23k,21k. This year will be a good test of their drawing power, coming off a great season but with a slate of opponents that are less than appealing. They have their QB and RB back and should be 8-4/9-3. They were over 30k for all but one game. This year, they'll be lucky to hit 30k in half of their games. We'll see what happens, it will be interesting to revisit.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
They had a dynamic season and yet their games against non-PSU/ND were 35k, 31k, 31k, 28k. The prior season was 28k (navy), 19k,25k,22k,23k,21k. This year will be a good test of their drawing power, coming off a great season but with a slate of opponents that are less than appealing. They have their QB and RB back and should be 8-4/9-3. They were over 30k for all but one game. This year, they'll be lucky to hit 30k in half of their games. We'll see what happens, it will be interesting to revisit.
Good post. I suspect they'd enjoy a similar bump in numbers from playing in a new/better conference that we're counting on.

Pitt, 'Cuse, UNC, Virginia, Va Tech, UNC, FSU, Miami... that's pretty damn good. Add in an annual PSU, Maryland or Rutgers OOC, and one of the military schools, and suddenly you're building something with legs.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
BTM: People in Norman feel real good.

BTM: Texas wants to keep relationship with ESPN for long term...and with Oklahoma University.
To achieve both goals?

BTM: OU has strong belief either B12 Reform happens (CCG+EXP+B12N) or Texas decides UT & OU go separate ways (Conf) but keep relationship$

BTM: OU has strong belief 10 school B12 with no reform/growth will not hold until 2023.
The reason is very clear....

BTM:OU & UT Boosters/buisness interest...huge $...do not want relationship to splinter further apart in 8 years of hell if no reforms happen

BTM: OU believes still at this point UT chooses Reform pathway..but if UT choose to stop it....then UT has decided to bolt B12 as well.

BTM: OU (deep breath) believes current B12 is dead. UT knows current B12 is dead.
Try Reform or Bolt.

Me: What about the GOR?
BTM: Everyone will need to benefit.
Let me explain.

BTM: B12, if there is no Reform, will have its most valuable pieces leave.
With support of FOX & ESPN.

BTM: Texas has options. ACC/INDY and possible SEC options. OU and KU move to Big Ten. Possible other B12 pieces move.

BTM: It's important to note if this scenario happens B12 would not lose its status of P5...it could not.

BTM: Texas's goal is to keep its relationship with Disney and not cut itself off from Oklahoma University.

BTM: Oklahoma's goal is it can't remain in this current B12 state...but it can't afford to cut itself off from Texas.

BTM: If Texas does not believe it can keep its $ and its Branding component by folding LHN into B12N then mammoth changes will occur in B12

BTM: So big change on the ground is Texas will not...does not see themselves trying to maintain B12 status quo for next 8 years if no reform

BTM: OU DOES believe they have 7 votes for reform. CINCY paper is 100% correct.

BTM: FOX & ESPN have OU & UT as their surrogates in Reform talks.

BTM: If Texas wants to try to make it work in B12...it will be ESPN who they lean on and will take direction from. Same with OU & FOX

BTM: On reform OU is now willing to extend GOR "for a few years"...olive branch to Texas.

BTM: One of UT biggest issues is divisional play set-up. UT would only play Baylor & TCU 2 out of every 4 years.

BTM: Texas has lots of issues with reform package as the see it coming their way....but they do know current B12 can't hold together.

BTM: FOX paid lots of $ for 1/2 of B1G package...saw DC, Maryland and New Jersey as huge value grab to their portfolio.

BTM: FOX wants the same in B12 expansion. FOX wants Florida. But currently ESPN/UT blocking.

BTM: Cincy/BYU combo to FOX can't pass. OU/Boren loves Cincy & BYU...but won't push it forward.

BTM: Houston is no longer an option and hasnt been in 2016.

BTM: So reform is left with Cincy/UCONN or Cincy/Memphis.
Memphis does not have FOX nor ESPN blocking their candidacy on paper.

BTM: Cincy/UCONN is still considered by Norman to be heavy favorites for expansion if Texas gives it a go.

BTM: If B12 reform works...it's because new money in multiple ways would have attached themselves to B12.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
BTM:The money is in Cincy & UCONN.
To be blunt.It's also in Orlando. But ESPN at this point won't allow UCF traction in B12 expansion talks

Big takeaways:
FOX hell bent on Eastward Expansion if Expansion occurs in B12

Texas does not want to fracture Oklahoma relationship in long term in forcing "8 years of hell on Norman" if UT chooses to say no to reform.

Oklahoma position, according to those in Norman who speak to BTM, has never been stronger...data will continue to make it stronger

Again...it needs repeating.
OU still believes (and has since Feb15th)
That reform in B12 will happen...UT will yield at the end of day

Reaction Score
Good post. I suspect they'd enjoy a similar bump in numbers from playing in a new/better conference that we're counting on.

Pitt, 'Cuse, UNC, Virginia, Va Tech, UNC, FSU, Miami... that's pretty damn good. Add in an annual PSU, Maryland or Rutgers OOC, and one of the military schools, and suddenly you're building something with legs.

I actually hope there is a home for Temple at the end of all of this shuffling but I just don't see it. I live in PA, I've lived outside Philly. Temple struggles to get a foothold on support from its own students/alums let alone the non affiliated sports fan in Philly. Temple has been in a conference with many of the schools listed above, and were ultimately thrown out because their fans didn't support the team. I love what Al Golden and later Matt Rhule have accomplished there, but when a major job comes open they are gone. One bad hire + a 2-10 type season and they will be lucky to put 20,000 fans in the seats unless PSU or ND are in town.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 42m42 minutes ago
Complicated issues have complicated factors that may seem contradictory but are in really parallel actions that have yet to converge

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 40m40 minutes ago
Meaning the B12's expansion process continues in the hopes that Texas will agree to a network thus making expansion a necessity.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 39m39 minutes ago
Currently everyone who supports expansion understands a network is necessary to make it feasible.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 39m39 minutes ago
So the process continues until Texas gives a definitive answer on the network (and by default expansion).

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 38m38 minutes ago
Texas may be receptive to the BHV report. The data may convince Texas that giving up LHN is the right move - or not.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 37m37 minutes ago
But the process cannot stop as long as Texas is open to options.

david_gibson ‏@BaylorFight 13m13 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV hasn't Texas already spoken? "We'll leave before we get rid of LHN."

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 8m8 minutes ago
@BaylorFight Hope is not certainty. But until the issue has been put to bed hope remains.

Thunder Dome ‏@Stormy0891 29m29 minutes agoHighland, UT
@theDudeofWV now that is a convoluted statement, I'm dizzy

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 7m7 minutes ago
@Stormy0891 Until Texas says no & expansion is voted down those in the Big 12 who favor expansion continue to prepare for expansion.

ME: Hmmm...between him and the Flug some realism setting in about the direction of the B12. Meanwhile...

Randy Watts ‏@randywatts7 13h13 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @morrison1124 still put Big10 expansion at 60%?

Bluevod‏@Bluevodreal
@randywatts7 @morrison1124 maybe a tad higher. To much smoke now. I think we know more after the hailmary meeting of ACC this month.

Genetics56 ‏@Genetics56 10h10 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @randywatts7 @morrison1124 Which grouping is more appealing GA Tech/FSU or Texas/Oklahoma?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 10h10 hours ago
@Genetics56 @randywatts7 @morrison1124 perfect would be all 4

Randy Watts ‏@randywatts7 7h7 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @Genetics56 @morrison1124 if they don't get a big12 network can Texas & OK get out of GOR? Or are we waiting till 2024?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 10h10 hours ago
@Genetics56 @randywatts7 @morrison1124 as a fan probably Texas Okl For money GT and FSU but it would be close. Would have to add of $ TV

Dave Lego ‏@Lego1512 9h9 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @Genetics56 @randywatts7 @Morrison11212 Texas & FL bring a lot of $@ and recruits. GT>OK for $ but as a fan I want OK over GT

Genetics56 ‏@Genetics56 8h8 hours ago
@Lego1512 @Bluevodreal @randywatts7 @Morrison11212 How much $$ would this bring? ND, UT, OU & KU to B1G.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 8h8 hours ago
@Genetics56 @Lego1512 @randywatts7 @Morrison11212 Texas would but other markets not very big. ND is a hard to out $ value.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 8h8 hours ago
@Genetics56 @Lego1512 @randywatts7 @Morrison11212 Fla, Texas, Atlanta, NC and DC Tv market would be lights out$$$ wise.

Matthew D Carlson ‏@mcgoblue 7h7 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @Genetics56 @Lego1512 @randywatts7 @Morrison11212 would the Tar Heels recent issues cause any problems with expansion?

Dave Lego ‏@Lego1512 7h7 hours ago
@mcgoblue @Bluevodreal @Genetics56 @randywatts7 @Morrison11212 I don't have any real sources but word on the street is it could

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 7h7 hours ago
@Lego1512 @mcgoblue @Genetics56 @randywatts7 @Morrison11212 yes there is real concern.

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 7h7 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Do you really think ESPN has reversed course and will start ACC Network? I don't believe it

@CGreen63 I do not believe it either. It would be a shocker and a head scratcher on why. They have network need content .

@Bluevodreal Only Delany and Goodell dictate to ESPN

@Bluevodreal Swofford ain't stupid to dictate to ESPN

@Bluevodreal Sounds like people want it to happen and people the ACC huffed and puffed to ESPN

@CGreen63 if they do/ have changed mind it would lead me to think they lost the 2nd rights to Big10.

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 1h1 hour ago
@Bluevodreal I highly doubt that but anything is possible

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 53m53 minutes ago
@CGreen63 I agree they have to secure the 2rights or ESPN is in deep trouble.

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 51m51 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal ESPN should know Delany has rolled the dice twice and he's come out better and having a competitor in Fox

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 50m50 minutes ago
@CGreen63 @Bluevodreal Yep, and NBC and FOX will help land expansion schools.I suspect Tim Brando's tweet was leaked on purpose.

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 49m49 minutes ago
@sooner2016 @Bluevodreal I think Brando was on something

Nathan Brice ‏@NathanBrice3000 7h7 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Would Texas and Oklahoma take any other Big XII schools with them?

@NathanBrice3000 I doubt Big10 wants anyother than those two.

@Bluevodreal Would they then go Notre Dame, Florida State, GT, and ?????

@NathanBrice3000 yes plus UVA and possibly NC

@Bluevodreal Would ESPN possibly choose to either keep the Big Ten or start an ACC Network?

@NathanBrice3000 maybe but it would not be their choice just they got outbid.

ME: Good gawd! :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom