Non-Key Tweets | Page 517 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Not really. There has been all kinds of begging going on. However, this does give some credibility to FedEx getting involved, though I don't see any mention of them buying Memphis' way into the B12.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not really. There has been all kinds of begging going on. However, this does give some credibility to FedEx getting involved, though I don't see any mention of them buying Memphis' way into the B12.
Let me know when you do so I can file a shareholder suit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let me know when you do so I file a shareholder suit.
That will probably as effective as Blumenthals suit. Jokes aside, I pray we are doing everything possible to join the Big 12.

Reaction Score

Close though (wihout reading letter it in full)...

>>On Feb. 24, Memphis president David Rudd penned a letter to Gee and copied Oklahoma president David Boren and Baylor president Ken Starr, the other two members of the composition committee, as well as former Big 12 board chairman and Kansas State president Kirk Schulz. In the letter, Rudd pledged that Memphis will make a $500 million investment in academic and athletic infrastructure over the next five years. Rudd also enclosed a letter from FedEx chairman Fred Smith, who stated that the delivery services giant headquartered in Memphis will be behind the school's Big 12 campaign.

"We strongly support the university's efforts to become a member of an expanded Big 12 athletic conference," Smith wrote to Rudd in a letter dated Feb. 23. "In support of [Memphis'] Big 12 aspirations, we have researched college conference sponsorships and are prepared to become a major Big 12 sponsor of football and basketball."<<

Reaction Score
Close though (wihout reading letter it in full)...

>>On Feb. 24, Memphis president David Rudd penned a letter to Gee and copied Oklahoma president David Boren and Baylor president Ken Starr, the other two members of the composition committee, as well as former Big 12 board chairman and Kansas State president Kirk Schulz. In the letter, Rudd pledged that Memphis will make a $500 million investment in academic and athletic infrastructure over the next five years. Rudd also enclosed a letter from FedEx chairman Fred Smith, who stated that the delivery services giant headquartered in Memphis will be behind the school's Big 12 campaign.

"We strongly support the university's efforts to become a member of an expanded Big 12 athletic conference," Smith wrote to Rudd in a letter dated Feb. 23. "In support of [Memphis'] Big 12 aspirations, we have researched college conference sponsorships and are prepared to become a major Big 12 sponsor of football and basketball."<<

That's what I meant. It shows FedEx will get involved by sponsoring things but it doesn't say "we'll pay the Big 12 $25,000,000 if you include Memphis", as some claim. Pretty sure we could recruit a sponsor if it came down to it.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
PpRIkAA.png

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Greg S wa im ‏@G Swa im · 3h3 hours ago
If the #Big12 wants to eventually have a conference TV network (and they do), then #BYU and #UConn are going to be the choices.

I feel dirty for liking a post from that idiot.

Reaction Score
If this matters, then surely our $2B investment in our school has to count for something, right? $500m is about 2x our new recreation center.
Unless that reads fed ex will pay Boren 500 million directly these pledges are meaningless.

Reaction Score
Chadd Scott‏@ChaddScott
This is how it works and if other candidates aren't playing same leverage game, shame on them.

Chadd Scott added,
Jake Trotter @Jake_Trotter Documents obtained show FedEx primed to back Memphis’ Big 12 candidacy, prepared to sponsor Big 12 title game: Big 12 drawing interest from Houston, Memphis

Chadd Scott
@ChaddScott
Jacksonville, FL based radio personality.

Reaction Score
Chadd Scott‏@ChaddScott
This is how it works and if other candidates aren't playing same leverage game, shame on them.

Chadd Scott added,
Jake Trotter @Jake_Trotter Documents obtained show FedEx primed to back Memphis’ Big 12 candidacy, prepared to sponsor Big 12 title game: Big 12 drawing interest from Houston, Memphis

Chadd Scott
@ChaddScott
Jacksonville, FL based radio personality.
If fed ex guy could pay so much money, Memphis wouldn't need p5, money to come close to us in athletic revenue.

Memphis promised this conference the Liberty Bowl. Still waiting......

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It kills me when people here mock Memphis to the Big 12.

Do you really need to Boneyard jinx the Tigers into the Big 12? Did Louisville to the ACC teach you nothing?

You are missing the forest for the trees if you think they aren't a viable candidate should the Big 12 expand.

Reaction Score
It kills me when people here mock Memphis to the Big 12.

Do you really need to Boneyard jinx the Tigers into the Big 12? Did Louisville to the ACC teach you nothing?

You are missing the forest for the trees if you think they aren't a viable candidate should the Big 12 expand.
Viable candidate? Yes, but their fan base/press likes to throw sheet against the wall and see what sticks. Case in point? Remember that tidbit about Memphis producing the most talent to the SEC or however it went? Even you repeating it here. Upon closer inspection it was BS.

So many schools/fan bases put out so much puffery, but we get upset because one of our fans put out a graphic that painted our attendance in a more favorable light than may be the reality.

I don't believe in jinxes, if they get in over us, more power to them but Louisville is a way better athletic program than them with much more revenue and success. Losing to these guys while not impossible would suck on so many levels. Tennessee has roughly the same population as CT I think, yet they get 3 P5 teams and we get none? That would suck donkey balls.

Reaction Score
If you can grab the third-best program in Tennessee, you gotta do it.
Why stop there East Carolina is available. I hear they have an SEC like rabid fanbase.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If you can grab the third-best program in Tennessee, you gotta do it.

All the more so when the other two are in the SEC and there is another SEC school just over an hour away in Mississippi. Fortunately the SEC isn't popular, so the Big 12 would have smooth sailing. :rolleyes:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Viable candidate? Yes, but their fan base/press likes to throw sheet against the wall and see what sticks. Case in point? Remember that tidbit about Memphis producing the most talent to the SEC or however it went? Even you repeating it here. Upon closer inspection it was BS.

So many schools/fan bases put out so much puffery, but we get upset because one of our fans put out a graphic that painted our attendance in a more favorable light than may be the reality.

I don't believe in jinxes, if they get in over us, more power to them but Louisville is a way better athletic program than them with much more revenue and success. Losing to these guys while not impossible would suck on so many levels. Tennessee has roughly the same population as CT I think, yet they get 3 P5 teams and we get none? That would suck donkey balls.

Obviously I don't believe in jinxes either.

You are watching the most disfunctional organization on the planet implode.

That they could land on Memphis for whatever stupid reason would not be surprising in the least.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom