Non-Key Tweets | Page 401 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
OK, with a grain of salt...if Texas is willing to fold LHN into a league network and get some startup money back I'm sure ESPN would be willing to cut their losses with the LHN. It will sure be interesting to watch it unfold.

Reaction Score
Today is Groundhog Day...celebrated in the ACC as "Kook"s Holiday".

The WVU braying donkeys wake up, and again, it's the same day.

Three years ago, Lambert said Virginia was on the way to the Big Ten....paperwork completed.

And that's the the down side of conference realignment...they have yet to play Illinois,

Reaction Score
Haven't been able to read the posts for a few days but I do know this: UCONN = IBM.

Reaction Score
Today is Groundhog Day...celebrated in the ACC as "Kook"s Holiday".

The WVU braying donkeys wake up, and again, it's the same day.

Three years ago, Lambert said Virginia was on the way to the Big Ten....paperwork completed.

And that's the the down side of conference realignment...they have yet to play Illinois,
Eventually, the blind squirrel guesses right and finds the nut, we just want to be the nut.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
On top of that, the idea that teams want out of the Big 12 is also not quite accurate, as the Big 12 offers something that only the Big 12 can offer: Control over your Tier 3 rights.

I wouldn't mind having our Tier 3 rights back. SNY would snap them up in heartbeat.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 47m47 minutes ago
Yep.
Dude sure does sound like me now..except B1G perceptions have it Cincy/UCONN or Cincy/UH with BYU and FLA teams out for months.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 47m47 minutes ago
But here is the problem...and it's an issue in which Dude nor Mh 3...nor anyone of these guys will discuss.
Who is Sugardaddy of B12N?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 46m46 minutes ago
To create a B12N someone needs to own it. If B12 schools go 50/50 ownership with a network the network needs to pay for up front costs.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 45m45 minutes ago
Then the B12 schools have to repay back the network upfront costs over a number of years...let's say 5-8 years.
So who is the Sugardaddy?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 43m43 minutes ago
Before we give you what B10 perception is on possible Sugardaddy for B12N...what Boren is thinking...first let me tell who it's not - ESPN.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 42m42 minutes ago
And there is no way in hell ESPN is going to unload 3rd tier deal with Texas to let FOX get hands on exclusive B12N with added East content.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 40m40 minutes ago
The reason why Disney created LHN was to keep Century 21st FOX out of Texas main College Sports Content as much as possible.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 39m39 minutes ago
So the answer for the B12N Sugardaddy is a difficult one...and a whole lot of bargaining needs to happen.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 36m36 minutes ago
B10 believes Boren wants to work toward a 50% ownership (outside of the eventual 50% ownership of B12 schools themselves) to be held by>1NET

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 34m34 minutes ago
This would spread the risks and upfront costs of developing B12N in current & new added (expansion) markets
NBC/Comcast..CBS/CBSSN..others

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 33m33 minutes ago
But the question of who is the Sugardaddy is a giant hurdle. What network can help grease the skids toward high end distribution,

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 31m31 minutes ago
..it also brings other variables into play.
If FOX gets at least half B1G tier 1 content..s*** is going to hit fan on realignment in 2021

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 30m30 minutes ago
ESPN is not unloading LHN for a FOX owned B12N.
FOX not giving up rights to 7 B12 3rd tier schools for ESPN owned B12N.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 30m30 minutes ago
Boren has to...and is pressuring Texas and B12 to think outside the box to reach other avenues of distribution.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 25m25 minutes ago
Since January 3rd..when BTM got info from UCONN at Jan 1st event in Minnesota..it's been..Cincy/UCONN or Cincy/UH.
Dude is getting there

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 24m24 minutes ago
The 50% ownership of B12N outside of B12 schools is a giant hurdle..someone willing to front start up costs.
Boren is working on solution

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3m3 minutes ago
After reading hurdles of creating B12N you can see why Boren is licking his chops at buying equity of BTN if B12 salvation project is no go

Reaction Score
Todd Cunningham ‏@TCunningham50 · 33m33 minutes ago
@flugempire http://cincinnati.247sports.com/Reply/MSMoose-Reply-43381823

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @TCunningham50 I don't know who this guy is...I can only say he is not me. But he is not far off in some stuff.
But I don't know who he is.

Todd Cunningham ‏@TCunningham50 · 28m28 minutes ago
@flugempire I know he is not you he is someone connected to what is going on. Thats as much as I know.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
What's T. Boone up to these days?

Low gas/oil prices reduced his standing?

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
I don't have time to write an update so I'll just do it here.

1. The focus of the meeting will be a Big 12 network and UT's willingness to be a part in such a network if the Big 12 can make them whole.

2. Expansion without a network is a no-go. Therefore it will not be heavily discussed.

Yes they will talk about it but only in context of a network.

3. @tsnmike is accurate. If the B12 can find someway to have a network its either...

3A. Cincinnati & UCONN or Cincinnati and UCF or USF.

4. UH appears to be out. BYU appears to be out.

5. But this is the Big 12 so a lot can happen between February and May.

6. If an agreement can't be reached on a Big 12N you can expect both OU and WVU to leave close to 2025.

7. Unconfirmed but ESPN has communicated to Texas it is willing to repurpose LHN.

8. the key is making Texas whole. Maintaining the payout to UT they currently receive.

9. Obviously making Texas whole is complicated. They have time to figure it out.

this is just me. Based on all the stuff I know... 12 doesn't get it done for a network. Minimum of 14.

Just stop for a second and think what keeping Texas whole means. It mans the first $15M of revenues goes to Texas and becomes an expense.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
@ecdawg_BI Especially if the Big 12 is a partner and assume some expense.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 10m10 minutes ago
Absolutely no guarantees the Big 12 will reach an accord on LHN. But there will be no expansion without one.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 9m9 minutes ago
The T3 deals really are a non-issue. It's easy to buy those rights back.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 7m7 minutes ago
LHN gives the Big 12 an advantage in that startup costs & infrastructure are already in place.

I would wonder if IMG isn't a player as a partner.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6m6 minutes ago
The big hurdle is content. How much can they expect to get back from Fox/ESPN. Can they offer attractive games?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5m5 minutes ago
I would hope the Big 12 would trade some $ for exposure. I know that's not realistic.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3m3 minutes ago
But the more I look the more it's clear that the Big 12 needs 14 or 16.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Todd Cunningham ‏@TCunningham50 · 33m33 minutes ago
@flugempire http://cincinnati. /Reply/MSMoose-Reply-43381823

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @TCunningham50 I don't know who this guy is...I can only say he is not me. But he is not far off in some stuff.
But I don't know who he is.

Todd Cunningham ‏@TCunningham50 · 28m28 minutes ago
@flugempire I know he is not you he is someone connected to what is going on. Thats as much as I know.

I can't get the link to work.

Reaction Score
I don't have time to write an update so I'll just do it here.

1. The focus of the meeting will be a Big 12 network and UT's willingness to be a part in such a network if the Big 12 can make them whole.

2. Expansion without a network is a no-go. Therefore it will not be heavily discussed.

Yes they will talk about it but only in context of a network.

3. @tsnmike is accurate. If the B12 can find someway to have a network its either...

3A. Cincinnati & UCONN or Cincinnati and UCF or USF.

4. UH appears to be out. BYU appears to be out.

5. But this is the Big 12 so a lot can happen between February and May.

6. If an agreement can't be reached on a Big 12N you can expect both OU and WVU to leave close to 2025.

7. Unconfirmed but ESPN has communicated to Texas it is willing to repurpose LHN.

8. the key is making Texas whole. Maintaining the payout to UT they currently receive.

9. Obviously making Texas whole is complicated. They have time to figure it out.

this is just me. Based on all the stuff I know... 12 doesn't get it done for a network. Minimum of 14.

Just stop for a second and think what keeping Texas whole means. It mans the first $15M of revenues goes to Texas and becomes an expense.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
@ecdawg_BI Especially if the Big 12 is a partner and assume some expense.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 10m10 minutes ago
Absolutely no guarantees the Big 12 will reach an accord on LHN. But there will be no expansion without one.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 9m9 minutes ago
The T3 deals really are a non-issue. It's easy to buy those rights back.

LHN gives the Big 12 an advantage in that startup costs & infrastructure are already in place.

I would wonder if IMG isn't a player as a partner.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6m6 minutes ago
The big hurdle is content. How much can they expect to get back from Fox/ESPN. Can they offer attractive games?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5m5 minutes ago
I would hope the Big 12 would trade some $ for exposure. I know that's not realistic.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3m3 minutes ago
But the more I look the more it's clear that the Big 12 needs 14 or 16.

I don't have time for an update, so here's 800 words crammed in to two dozen tweets.

Reaction Score
I can't get the link to work.

The link probably wont work here. You have to visit https://twitter.com/TCunningham50/with_replies to get the link.

cliff notes said:
After reviewing what has been presented to me, I expect the following from the Big 12;

No concrete announcement in regards to it future, following the meetings. I believe Texas will want the information to remain private for now. Behind the scenes I expect the Big 12 to approve proposal 1A.d.1 presented by the Big 12 Expansion Committee. ...

This will lead to a Vote in May at the Big 12 meetings on (2) expansion members for the 2018-2019 season. Now, as many as (4) members could be added if Kansas and Texas can agree! A vote to develop a Big 12 Network in 2019-2020. A vote to begin a CCG in 2018-2019.

I am more convinced than I have ever been before that Texas see's the writing on the wall, and will concede as the Big 12 Expansion Committee has a very detailed, well thought out proposal...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The link probably wont work here. You have to visit https://twitter.com/TCunningham50/with_replies to get the link.

The four - perhaps: Cinci, UConn, followed by Memphis and either USF or UCF (FL beauty pageant pending) with the wild cards UH and BYU and the true fantasy cards being a disgruntled FSU and Clemson.

I still think Texas will want to stall this out, particularly for seats 3 and 4, in the hope that they can pry away a pair of ACC schools if the ACCn is dead.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Here's the UC fan's money quote, FWIW:

I have seen financials proposals for an expanded Big with a network and CCG. Interestingly enough the expansion buy in is 7 years, and CCG estimates begin at 44.5 million annually. A big 12 Network would provide additional profits beginning in 2022, for the current 10 members and in 2025 for all members.

Cincinnati remains #1 on the expansion wish list. UCONN, MEMPHIS, and HOUSTON are next. It appears the Florida schools are further behind.

Keep in mind though the Big 12 can expand and not have a network, allowing school to keep 3rd tier rights. Since Fox Sports owns most of the rights, the network can bundle smaller packagers and increase revenue.

Big 12 expansion does decrease revenue per school, trust me I saw the numbers. The issue are a Big 12 Network or 3rd tier rights, and expansion candidates (members can't agree).

Reaction Score
An "article" from a dork TCU fan who knows less than anyone who visits this board regularly is hardly a cause for alarm.

Not anything but a little levity towards the discussion. Born and raised in Connecticut. What I find most interesting is that the Texas schools can block everyone else as to expansion. We hear from Gee and Boren, but Starr from Baylor is silent as to these issues and they are all on the expansion committee. I think these decisions are a few months down the road.....not anything that is going to be decided in the next two days and the TCU article shows the resistance in Texas to change in the Big 12.

My hope is Boren and Gee can convince everyone of the wisdom of expanding. And it includes UCONN.

There is an article in the Austin Statesman that pretty much sums that up but at the risk of Husky Hawk having a massive molting, go there at your own risk.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The long term play for the B12 is simple: beat the ACC to a network.

<WARNING: I AM ABOUT TO GO OFF MY ROCKER>

Phase 1 - transition LHN into B12N for 2017. The foundation is already there...they just need to add markets. Bring in UConn and Cincinnati. Take the 2 top ACC choices away from the ACC so launching an ACCN is more difficult. UConn and Cincinnati are P5 ready and have been for over a decade. Proof is in the pudding. Eastern pod added. Memphis, USF, UCF, Houston, and BYU really have no other options other than the B12. UConn fits in both the ACC and, should the AAU requirement ease, the B1G. Cincinnati would fit in the ACC. BYU won't play Sundays and don't won't work well with the PAC (or anyone). All other options are B12 or bust - no place else to go so the B12 can afford to be patient and further evaluate. Championship Game in 2017. B12N launch in 2017-18.

Phase 2 - Aggressive Expansion 2020. Around the same time the B12 launches its CCG and B12N, snap a pool stick in half and throw both halves on the floor in between the school Presidents of BYU, UCF, USF, Memphis, Houston and Temple. The 2 left standing in 2020 gets an invite. My guess is that it will be BYU and UCF/USF. Get to 14. SURPRISE! We actually have a few more pool sticks - USF/UCF and Houston (you can thank TX politicians for this...dont' let us down), come on in. We're at 16 now.

Phase 3 - Evaluate.

Markets? The B12Network is now carried in New York, Boston, Dallas, Houston, Orlando/Tampa, St Louis, Hartford/New Haven, Kansas City, Cincinnati, and to all LDS subscribers of the now defunct BYU TV. National exposure. Check.

Recruiting? Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, Ohio, New Jersey. The conference can now recruit NATIONALLY instead of just a handful of Great Plains states. Check.

Playoff Contenders? Texas, OU, TCU, Baylor, OSU...all are annual preseason Top 25. As long as the Title Game heavyweight holds serve, the B12 has an annual entrant with the B1G and SEC. In some years, a 1-loss B12 team could get an at-large playoff spot if the name is "big" enough. If the playoff field ever expands to 8, the B12 is guaranteed at least 2 entrants every year.

Year Round B12N Content (read: Hoops)? What a stroke of genius it was adding UConn to pair up against Kansas every single year. UConn vs KU games have become must-see classics that rival Duke vs UNC games. When Cincinnati isn't fighting Xavier, they fight WVU in the annual Bob Huggins Blood Bath. Thanks to spot games against UConn at MSG, Kansas, Texas and OU enjoy the benefits of recruiting NYC/Northeast and find the "guts" guys that their teams so often lack. Even Baylor and Oklahoma St are able to expand their hoops recruiting wings and find players outside of their area codes. The Big 12 is always a top 2 hoops conference and, in some years, number 1. Check.

On to Phase 4...

Phase 4 - Hey ACC, give us your weak, your hungry, and your really, incredibly and highly envious poor 2023-5ish. It's been over a decade now since the ACC heavyweights agreed to selling their souls in exchange for an ACCNetwork and, alas, no network. Surprisingly, Notre Dame was never convinced that joining the ACC full-time was in their best interest. It also turns out that small private schools with marginal followings in the northeast can't swing a network deal afterall. And no matter how hard they try, the ACC can't seem to magically wish Louisville's population numbers over New York's. With UConn and other top market targets in the B12 and B1G, the ACC is left scrambling with the thought of adding Temple and their 10,000 fans in desperation to add Philadelphia. It fails. The ACC Network is dead and now the big fish are sucking for air. Who's available? The candidates:

Clemson - a shoe-in for B12 expansion. The SEC won't want to double down South Carolina and they don't meet any of the B1G academic requirements.

Florida St - a battle here with the SEC and I could see the SECN wanting to double down but ultimately pass. Maybe the B1G looks to add if FSU's research efforts continue to trend upwards but FSU is a football first school and sees all of that Texas and Florida in the B12. Too tough to pass up all of those blue chip football CrimiNoles...ummm...prospects.

Louisville - Clemson Lite. SECN isn't doubling down Kentucky and LCC doesn't come anywhere close to B1G academic standards. A bonus plus for winter B12N programming.

Syracuse - I know, I know...this one is controversial amongst us UConn fans. Why should we want them when they don't want us? It's simple. Like it or not, they add a piece of the NYC pie. We could also use a regional r1val that is within driving distance of us. A UConn/Cuse NYC play isn't quite the strength in numbers that what the B1G would hold, but it's as close as it gets. And we eventually want to get to a point where B12 basketball games at Madison Square Garden become an annual thing again. Cuse helps that cause. They are likely not an option for the B1G since they are private. Plus, the B1G and SEC will likely battle it out for the UNC, GT, UVA, VT pod of the ACC wreckage. Maybe even Duke and NC State will find SEC homes.

20. End game.

East Division - UConn, Syracuse, Cincinnati, WVU, UL, UCF, OU, FSU, Clemson, Texas
West Division - USF, OSU, TCU, Baylor, Houston, TT, KU, KSU, ISU, BYU

9 division games. 1 cross division game. 2 OOC. Championship Game at Jerry World. Hoops Tourney on Jerry World, NYC, Kansas City rotation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom