Non-Key Tweets | Page 397 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 3h
I just heard from another source confirming what I heard last week expansion is getting crazy with surprises.

Raj Lakra ‏@RajLakra 3h
@Bluevodreal what does "expansion getting crazy with surprises mean?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h
@RajLakra the schools that are talking about moving to new leagues. Lots of fire right now.

GoBlue Bis ‏@Detroit_Bis 3h

@RajLakra @Bluevodreal Raj... It's Bluevod lol. You're gonna have to figure it out. Love the mysteries. And, no, I don't have the answer

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@Detroit_Bis @RajLakra I'm hearing Texas, Oklahoma and Flordia State does not mean it is done but talking.

Raj Lakra ‏@RajLakra 2h

@Bluevodreal @Detroit_Bis interesting. Any of them to the B1G?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@RajLakra @Detroit_Bis all

Raj Lakra ‏@RajLakra 2h

@Bluevodreal @Detroit_Bis if real, holy cr@p!

Jimmy ‏@HarbaughWeTrust 2h

@RajLakra @Bluevodreal @Detroit_Bis I don't like this at all. Way too many teams.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@RajLakra @Detroit_Bis again it at this time is just fluid talks.

Erich Keithly ‏@ekeithly_1 2h

@Bluevodreal @RajLakra @Detroit_Bis This only 17 teams. KU or GT to 18?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@ekeithly_1 @RajLakra @Detroit_Bis I see it going between 16 to 20 teams as final goal.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@ekeithly_1 @RajLakra @Detroit_Bis I am hearing Virginia and Georgia Tech as well.

Tuey ‏@HewittHarris45 2h

@Bluevodreal hey bluevod you hearing any good news maybe a surprise or 2?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@HewittHarris45 yes

Genetics56 ‏@Genetics56 2h

@Bluevodreal @HewittHarris45 Kansas, Oklahoma, Georgia Tech and Florida State to B1G

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@Genetics56 @HewittHarris45 I have not heard Kansas. They want Texas. Atlanta and DC TV markets.
This is an absolutely laughable string of tweets and speculation.

Reaction Score
Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 3h
I just heard from another source confirming what I heard last week expansion is getting crazy with surprises.

Raj Lakra ‏@RajLakra 3h
@Bluevodreal what does "expansion getting crazy with surprises mean?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h
@RajLakra the schools that are talking about moving to new leagues. Lots of fire right now.

GoBlue Bis ‏@Detroit_Bis 3h

@RajLakra @Bluevodreal Raj... It's Bluevod lol. You're gonna have to figure it out. Love the mysteries. And, no, I don't have the answer

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@Detroit_Bis @RajLakra I'm hearing Texas, Oklahoma and Flordia State does not mean it is done but talking.

Raj Lakra ‏@RajLakra 2h

@Bluevodreal @Detroit_Bis interesting. Any of them to the B1G?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@RajLakra @Detroit_Bis all

Raj Lakra ‏@RajLakra 2h

@Bluevodreal @Detroit_Bis if real, holy cr@p!

Jimmy ‏@HarbaughWeTrust 2h

@RajLakra @Bluevodreal @Detroit_Bis I don't like this at all. Way too many teams.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@RajLakra @Detroit_Bis again it at this time is just fluid talks.

Erich Keithly ‏@ekeithly_1 2h

@Bluevodreal @RajLakra @Detroit_Bis This only 17 teams. KU or GT to 18?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@ekeithly_1 @RajLakra @Detroit_Bis I see it going between 16 to 20 teams as final goal.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@ekeithly_1 @RajLakra @Detroit_Bis I am hearing Virginia and Georgia Tech as well.

Tuey ‏@HewittHarris45 2h

@Bluevodreal hey bluevod you hearing any good news maybe a surprise or 2?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@HewittHarris45 yes

Genetics56 ‏@Genetics56 2h

@Bluevodreal @HewittHarris45 Kansas, Oklahoma, Georgia Tech and Florida State to B1G

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@Genetics56 @HewittHarris45 I have not heard Kansas. They want Texas. Atlanta and DC TV markets.

Hey @bluevod you hearing any movement?. . . Yeah Kent St, Stonybrook and Towson to B1G. Things are in motion.

Reaction Score
I'm losing track of all these insiders. Where are the DMA's or the DMZ's? Gotta get back to the podcast and figure out whether we're pushing east or west or....

Reaction Score
LOL at this latest clown. The B1G apparently has found a way to circumvent the GORs or 2 conferences. Seems legit. I can't wait to visit Tallahassee.

Reaction Score
Gerald McKinley ‏@Gmoneyri 29m
@Bluevodreal @ekeithly_1 @RajLakra @Detroit_Bis I could easily see 4-20 team conferences. 1 ooc game, rest conference. Keeps playoffs at 4

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 27m
@Gmoneyri @ekeithly_1 @RajLakra @Detroit_Bis most experts say that is the end goal.

Gerald McKinley ‏@Gmoneyri 27m
@Bluevodreal @ekeithly_1 @RajLakra @Detroit_Bis I see big ten sec pac 12 as the mainstays. Guessing the leftover acc and big 12 teams merge

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 26m
@Gmoneyri @ekeithly_1 @RajLakra @Detroit_Bis That is what it sounds like behind the scenes. This is really picking up steam.

Gerald McKinley ‏@Gmoneyri 23m
@Bluevodreal @ekeithly_1 @RajLakra @Detroit_Bis Assume we offer nd, Ga tech, Virginia a first come offer to join or is it a ok st/ou package

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 21m
@Gmoneyri @ekeithly_1 @RajLakra @Detroit_Bis Not sure if ND gets another shot they turned it down a few times and a little bad blood there.

Dan Anderson ‏@danimal1968 38m
@RajLakra @Bluevodreal Unfortunately it probably means that the sports we fell in love with are going to be diminished for $$

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 29m
@danimal1968 @RajLakra this a pure money grab. All about TV revenue.

D A Reinhard ‏@DurkDiggler8810 2h
@Bluevodreal Oklahoma and Oklahoma state?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 30m
@DurkDiggler8810 Have not heard that but who knows it is not a lucrative TV market. Okl would come with Texas for sure.

D A Reinhard ‏@DurkDiggler8810 29m
@Bluevodreal just have heard regents would not let Oklahoma schools split despite what out of stater Boren wants. Thanks for reply

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 27m
@DurkDiggler8810 Dont know only that I have never Heard OSU mentioned but Oklahoma want's it bad.

Genetics56 ‏@Genetics56 4h

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 28m
@Genetics56 @HewittHarris45 I can see 3 but Kansas not sure what they bring.Kansis City Market? I don't know how large that is for eye balls

Reaction Score
LOLOLOLOLOLOL "Not sure ND would get another shot"

Sure, Delaney will turn down ND if they want in the B1G. He'd be fired on the spot if he did that.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 32m32 minutes ago
According to BTM Big Ten will start negations on TV Media deal starting in March...Delany keeps slow-playing the start. Not sure why.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 32m32 minutes ago
FOX/Big Ten working on introducing Skinny Bundles of BTN in different platforms. Been promise will get more info later.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 31m31 minutes ago
Again...it's quite clear Oklahoma is leaving the B12 if B12 does not reform...and reform can't wait until just before 2026.
Must be now.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 30m30 minutes ago
OU will not...and won't need to challenge the B12 GOR. OU is out in 2026...or it will with TV partners make deal with B12 in 2021 for exit.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 29m29 minutes ago
If no deal can be made for OU/KU departure..prodding Texas that it's now or later...then duo waits until 2026.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 28m28 minutes ago
But here is the deal..most important part of the info.
According to OU contacts Boren is not horse trading conditions.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 27m27 minutes ago
OU contact says Oklahoma is talking a lot indirectly with many outside of B12.
It's like "when an NFL player starts talking retirement"...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 26m26 minutes ago
...when talking begins...it's only a matter of time the player retires"
Same here...
Reality: growing distance between OU interest & UT

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 24m24 minutes ago
According to OU contacts...OU has the belief UT/B12 will be under pressure to make deal with FOX in 2021 to give OU exit out of B12.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 23m23 minutes ago
What to look for?
FOX gains at least 1/2 of B1G Tier 1 Contract starting 2017.
Kansas not resigning 3rd tier deal with ESPN 4 years later

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 21m21 minutes ago
OU wants to create equity in Conf Network ASAP.
OU wants slice of ownership of Conf Network,
OU wants to increase Brand in East.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 18m18 minutes ago
Important note:
FOX getting at least 1/2 of B1G Tier 1 contract is a signal of realignment Earthquake in 2021/22...or in 2026.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 17m17 minutes ago
If you want stability....if you want no realignment...then you want ESPN/ABC to hold all current B1G Tier 1 TV Media content.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 17m17 minutes ago
But that is not what is going to happen.
Good night.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
@flugempire 1h1 hour ago

Note: The future of skinny bundle/selling over-the-top of Conf Networks makes the future value of KU & OU much higher in future than now.

Getting asked great questions. 1) Why is Boren hitting this B12 Reform hard now if OU is tied to GOR? Answer: 2 different reasons...

1) Boren actually means what he says. Want to save B12..steer it toward OU future interests.

2) DB is getting OU in line..getting options created. DB is speaking "Delany Language"..showing want/willingness/..getting in front of line.

We @flugempire have always said B12 GOR/ACC GOR have teeth But B12 will be pressured to secure future at some point with TV partners

OU has the belief in five years B12 will have even less leverage with TV partners to keep up with SEC/B1G. Realignment could happen - 2021

Oklahoma will not challenge any GOR. But OU will make Longhorns feel uncomfortable...and Sooners interest will need to be dealt with...

...before B12 gets too close to 2025. OU believes this is the reality. B12 GOR remains strong..but B12 leverage with TV partners grow weak

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
@flugempire 1h1 hour ago

Note: The future of skinny bundle/selling over-the-top of Conf Networks makes the future value of KU & OU much higher in future than now.

Getting asked great questions. 1) Why is Boren hitting this B12 Reform hard now if OU is tied to GOR? Answer: 2 different reasons...

1) Boren actually means what he says. Want to save B12..steer it toward OU future interests.

2) DB is getting OU in line..getting options created. DB is speaking "Delany Language"..showing want/willingness/..getting in front of line.

We @flugempire have always said B12 GOR/ACC GOR have teeth But B12 will be pressured to secure future at some point with TV partners

OU has the belief in five years B12 will have even less leverage with TV partners to keep up with SEC/B1G. Realignment could happen - 2021

Oklahoma will not challenge any GOR. But OU will make Longhorns feel uncomfortable...and Sooners interest will need to be dealt with...

...before B12 gets too close to 2025. OU believes this is the reality. B12 GOR remains strong..but B12 leverage with TV partners grow weak

Very reasonable argument. Hopefully Flugs is right about none of this being negotiable for Boren. Surprised Flugs even brought that up.

Stalling is not an option. 9 years is not that long in TV contracts or even CR, and there is a case that it might not even be that long. If UT stalls any of this, they are saying goodbye to the Big 12.

Is Flugs saying that the TV networks could force a release of the Big 12 from the GOR in 2021?

Reaction Score
What he saying is that there is a reason behind the sabre rattling starting now. OU has little leverage now, but that quickly shifts.

If Fox gets the B1G (2017), that will be an indicator. Then KU won't renew with ESPN (2021), and both schools are gone.

B12 will have no leverage in its media negotiations (2021) if everyone knows / believes OU (and KU) will be gone.

Based on what he says, it would appear we need FOX to get the B1G contract for our chances to improve as well. If everything stays with ESPN, realignment is a dead issue.

While the dates seem far away, preliminary B1G media negotiations have already begun.

To me, the logic / timing makes some sense.

Reaction Score
I honestly think if OU goes to the B1G it becomes Nebraska south, basically irrelevant. It's a better move for KU since hoops are pretty equal and academically KU would rather be associated with B1G than B12. KU football is more irrelevant than UConn's.

OU needs to be associated with Texas somehow. KU doesn't care as much.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I personally believe that if OU moves to the B1G, not only will it be a seamless move in terms of their stature as a football program, it will not harm their ability to draw talent from their base recruiting state (Texas) where they've recruited exceptionally well beginning 3/4 of a century before they shared a conference with any Texas schools, they will be able to draw talent from the home state (Ohio) of their current head coach and, as a bonus, the restoration of their rivalry with Nebraska will be the shot in the arm Nebraska needs to return to their spot near the top of the college football hierarchy.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I honestly think if OU goes to the B1G it becomes Nebraska south, basically irrelevant. It's a better move for KU since hoops are pretty equal and academically KU would rather be associated with B1G than B12. KU football is more irrelevant than UConn's.

They weren't in the same conference from 1920 - 1996. They did just fine.

Reaction Score

Not so sure. Oklahoma has been recruiting well from Texas for decades. Afterall, its 190 miles between Dallas and Norman OK and it is 195 miles between Dallas and Austin TX. Thus a change should not impact recruiting from Texas, especially from the Dallas area.

Also, Oklahoma was able to move to a Tier 1 Research University (Carnegie Classification) around 2011, which all B1G members are along with UConn, and they have expressed interest in getting to AAU status. The only conference that seems to care about those metrics is the B1G. Why broadcast such interest?

Reaction Score
@flugempire 1h1 hour ago

Question, can the XII GOR be invalidated if a certain number of XII members bail at the same time? If yes, what is that number? The XII currently has 10 members. Say Kansas (B1G), Oklahoma (B1G or SEC), and OK State (SEC) all have offers while Texas knows that the XII is dead without Oklahoma (sorry W Virginia fans, your school is not going to keep the XII together without Oklahoma) and can leave whenever it needs to, can those 3 leaving followed by the Long Horns kill the GOR?

Reaction Score
The Big12 GOR agreement is below:

There is nothing in the agreement which states the GOR is invalidated if a certain percentage of the teams leave. In the fact the only provision for modification I saw is if all the member institutions agree to the change.

The whole agreement is only 4 pages and per the below linked article is intentionally vague. This vagueness is allegedly to insure any attempted withdrawal ends in a messy drawn out litigation and there is no "easy" way to to just buy your way out. It is basically a poison pill to make Big12 teams not worth the headache for any conference looking to add them

http://sportspolitico.com/2015/02/16/will-grant-of-rights-protect-big12-from-future-raids/

UT, OU, OSU and KU might be able to find new conference homes and would not be opposed to resending the GOR. But what about WVU, KSU, Baylor, TCU, and TT? They aren't going to agree to going into conference purgatory...their best meal ticket is the Big12.

The SEC and Big10 may have some interest in some B12 teams but they do not need them now. The SEC and Big10 are making money hand over fist and why take on the aggravation of a messy multi-conference lawsuit? The ACC seems more likely to try and draw Big12 teams now but, based on the ACC's incompetent leadership and relatively low payout, the really attractive B12 schools would be better off holding out for the SEC or Big10 in 2025.

If the Big12 does not expand they are a dead conference walking but it may be a really slow death ending sometime after 2021.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The heading (Amended and Restated Grant of Rights Agreement) told me everything I need to know. If this agreement was amended once, it can be amended again.

If OU, Kansas or anyone else wants out, protracted (and at times hostile) negotiations will take place and the departing school(s) will end up writing a large check to the conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom