Non-Key Tweets | Page 396 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 44m44 minutes ago
Podcast tonight...
UConn game tonight. What's more important?

Besides, if there are any significant ramblings, they will be on Twitter and quoted here.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Made the mistake of listening to one of his podcasts a year or two ago. Just an audio version of his self important verbal diarrhea.

Reaction Score
If any of you listen to his podcast over tonight's game vs. Cincy you should have your fan cards torn up.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The Dude has zero insight. No one should listen to the podcast. He's just a fan.

Reaction Score
Jason Kersey Verified account 
‏@jasonkersey David Boren on OU's Sooner Sports TV: "Are we willing to give it up if we got a Big 12 network? Yes."Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 21m21 minutes ago

Greg Flugaur Retweeted Jason Kersey

David Boren setting up a future legal argument.

‏@jasonkersey David Boren made one thing clear today: In his opinion, The Longhorn Network is a major problem for the league. He wants a Big 12 network

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 19m19 minutes ago

Boren setting up future legal arguement...again and again

‏@jasonkersey David Boren wouldn't say which teams are candidates for Big 12 expansion, but did concede that they're probably the 6 or 7 we think they are

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 18m18 minutes ago

https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonkersey/status/692798887099236352
Top 3...if you want to believe it or not are as follows:
Cincy - UH - UCONN

Greg Wrubell Verified account 
‏@gregwrubell OU Prez Boren: “I don’t think the Big 12 is in any danger of falling apart. There’s no imminent danger of that." http://m.newsok.com/oklahoma-presid...on-adding-a-big-12-title-game/article/5475314

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 10m10 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Greg Wrubell
https://mobile.twitter.com/gregwrubell/status/692801098931896320

Very true
Nothing imminent.
Not at this time.
Not for 5 years.....it can't happen before then.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I love how West Virginia has become the second or third most valuable piece in the Big 12 outside of OU. To hear them talk it is like conferences will trip over themselves to get them. If OU goes then West Virginia is going to wait awhile to find a home now that Luck is gone.

Reaction Score
Seems to me that for a conference to be strong the best interests of the conference should be in line with the best interests of the member institutions. That doesn't seem to be the case for the Big XII. What is good for the Big XII does not appear to be good for Texas, and vice versa.

I think Boren is spot on with his proposals to make the Big XII better, as long as Texas doesn't agree the conference is destined to fail. Texas doesn't care because it will end up on its feet no matter what. I question the sanity of any school that votes along with Texas. The vote to expand should be 9-1, short sighted thinking if its not.

Reaction Score
I love how West Virginia has become the second or third most valuable piece in the Big 12 outside of OU. To hear them talk it is like conferences will trip over themselves to get them. If OU goes then West Virginia is going to wait awhile to find a home now that Luck is gone.

Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas are probably the most valuable. I could see Texas in any of the other P5 conferences. Oklahoma might be a good fit for all but the ACC, the same might hold true for Kansas.

Oklahoma St, Texas Tech and Kansas St might have some value for the SEC or Pac-12, especially if their respective in-state counterparts lobby for them as part of a package deal.

After that you have WVU, Iowa St, Baylor and TCU.
Maybe the ACC takes WVU, otherwise they could be in trouble if the Big XII implodes.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The LHN is the biggest obstacle for B-12 expansion and it also is the primary reason for the B-12's tenuous situation. The thing I, as long as the situation remains tenuous, UT will view the LHN as an asset too valuable to give up.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5h5 hours ago
Going by the 2014 Form 990 for the Big 12 the conference had $225,993108 in total revenue.

Of that $139,736M came from the TV contract. $42.6M came from bowl games. $37M from NCAA. $6M for ticket sales.

That's $85M of revenues other than TV money. Split 10 ways that's $8.5M each.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV Split 12 ways that's $7M.

The possible CCG adds say another $50M to the pot. 10 shares would be $M a pop. That's $13.5M per school with 10 members.

With 12 that's $11.25M. And that's just the numbers from 2014. Which will go up.

@DezyHume But their are other reasons not to expand. Who gets put in what divisions for one.

@DezyHume The other is they believe if they wait there will be better options available.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6h6 hours ago
"He (Boren) also said the conference is not "on the cusp" of voting on expansion."

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 · 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV He also said the conference needs expansion and a Big 12 network

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @Mike_ohio26 He's right. The Big 12 business model is unsustainable beyond 2025 with 10 members and without some type of network.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3h3 hours ago
@Mike_ohio26 I've always said that. I have questions now about any network but I believe the Big 12 can't exist with such a small footprint.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 55m55 minutes ago
The truth is that even Boren doesn't think anybody available adds enough value. He wants the Big 12 to be aggressive.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 55m55 minutes ago
But really, the Big 12 can reach out to FSU all they want to, the fact is that they said no when they could have said yes.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6m6 minutes ago
Here it is... the podcast. About the Big 12 and expansion. And just expansion.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 39m39 minutes ago
Boren's statement should also make you seriously question those who claimed to know OU was intent on leaving.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 33m33 minutes ago
Seriously I hope Boren's statement today puts an end to the B1G fanboys claiming OU is planning an exit.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 16m16 minutes ago
@Juddrock Let me ask you this. Suppose the Big 12 would expand and next year the B1G raids the ACC. So does the SEC.

@Juddrock FSU, Clemson, Louisville and Miami are begging to get in... So why rush? Nobody in the G5 is going anywhere.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 15m15 minutes ago
@Juddrock Boren is too smart not to realize that waiting could be beneficial.

@Juddrock What does the Big 12 gain from expansion right now? No extra TV money? No network as long as LHN exists.

@Juddrock You don't need to for a CCG. No rush. Wait.

Reaction Score
@Juddrock FSU, Clemson, Louisville and Miami are begging to get in... So why rush? Nobody in the G5 is going anywhere.

Until the XII fixes its Longhorn issues (network, special treatment), why would any school be begging to get into the XII just so that they can be the next in line to be U Texas' b!tch. Especially, two programs who are coming off of national championship games in Clemson and Florida State over the last 2 years while playing the the ACC. No XXI team has made it that far. Just ask Oklahoma.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Oh, wow - you gotta listen to that.

Alabama, Auburn and Georgia preferred West Virginia to Missouri.

Reaction Score
http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2016/1/29/10867774/big-12-expansion-talks-heating-up-again

if not alright up...another positive article for UCONN in the Big 12..its all about the TV sets

the thing that doesn't make sense is that he assumes all of the schools get their home state to carry the BIG 12 netowork. I highly doubt this happens. On the other hand, he assums UConn wouldn't get any part of eastern New York or the New England states other than Connecticut. To me UConn brings a minimum of 10 million people while the other schools besides BYU will struggle to bring 5 million.

Reaction Score
the thing that doesn't make sense is that he assumes all of the schools get their home state to carry the BIG 12 netowork. I highly doubt this happens. On the other hand, he assums UConn wouldn't get any part of eastern New York or the New England states other than Connecticut. To me UConn brings a minimum of 10 million people while the other schools besides BYU will struggle to bring 5 million.

I am looking at this from a network point of view only. BYU will carry Utah only on a network. Their value is stronger for a national focus. The SLC dma is 34th and the population of Utah is approximately 2.9M. This is also solid. However, BYU has to share the state with PAC member Utah and too a lesser extent Utah State. It bears constant repeating, that with Fairfield County our dma is ranked 21. We also penetration into the Springfield dma. We are part of the NYC dma. There are only 20 TV markets bigger than ours. We will bring significant content and value to any league network.

Reaction Score
Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 3h
I just heard from another source confirming what I heard last week expansion is getting crazy with surprises.

Raj Lakra ‏@RajLakra 3h
@Bluevodreal what does "expansion getting crazy with surprises mean?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h
@RajLakra the schools that are talking about moving to new leagues. Lots of fire right now.

GoBlue Bis ‏@Detroit_Bis 3h

@RajLakra @Bluevodreal Raj... It's Bluevod lol. You're gonna have to figure it out. Love the mysteries. And, no, I don't have the answer

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@Detroit_Bis @RajLakra I'm hearing Texas, Oklahoma and Flordia State does not mean it is done but talking.

Raj Lakra ‏@RajLakra 2h

@Bluevodreal @Detroit_Bis interesting. Any of them to the B1G?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@RajLakra @Detroit_Bis all

Raj Lakra ‏@RajLakra 2h

@Bluevodreal @Detroit_Bis if real, holy cr@p!

Jimmy ‏@HarbaughWeTrust 2h

@RajLakra @Bluevodreal @Detroit_Bis I don't like this at all. Way too many teams.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@RajLakra @Detroit_Bis again it at this time is just fluid talks.

Erich Keithly ‏@ekeithly_1 2h

@Bluevodreal @RajLakra @Detroit_Bis This only 17 teams. KU or GT to 18?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@ekeithly_1 @RajLakra @Detroit_Bis I see it going between 16 to 20 teams as final goal.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@ekeithly_1 @RajLakra @Detroit_Bis I am hearing Virginia and Georgia Tech as well.

Tuey ‏@HewittHarris45 2h

@Bluevodreal hey bluevod you hearing any good news maybe a surprise or 2?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@HewittHarris45 yes

Genetics56 ‏@Genetics56 2h

@Bluevodreal @HewittHarris45 Kansas, Oklahoma, Georgia Tech and Florida State to B1G

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h

@Genetics56 @HewittHarris45 I have not heard Kansas. They want Texas. Atlanta and DC TV markets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom