New school commitments by Transfers | Page 20 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Is she any good? Or should I save a gif for something else?

Wow, now I am impressed with Kara finally getting “a big”!
Freshman year at OSU, Kennedy was clearly better than Taylor Jones, then she got hurt and Taylor benefited. If and it is a big IF, Kara can get a fluid offense going and gain consistency, Duke won’t be playing on Wednesday’s in the ACC Tournament anytime soon.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Is Duke out of 'ships yet? Or do you still have room for Latasha Lattimore and/or Lauren Fields (who was on an official visit to Southern Cal this weekend, and will visit Texas on Monday)?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Freshman year at OSU, Kennedy was clearly better than Taylor Jones, then she got hurt and Taylor benefited. If and it is a big IF, Kara can get a fluid offense going and gain consistency, Duke won’t be playing on Wednesday’s in the ACC Tournament anytime soon.

That's all I needed to read/hear. Wished she would have committed on Friday... its kinda late on a Sunday night to get turnt up in Greensboro. :cool:

giphy.gif
:cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Is Duke out of 'ships yet? Or do you still have room for Latasha Lattimore and/or Lauren Fields (who was on an official visit to Southern Cal this weekend, and will visit Texas on Monday)?

One scholarship left. Unless someone transfers out.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Freshman year at OSU, Kennedy was clearly better than Taylor Jones, then she got hurt and Taylor benefited.
Huh? Have to very, very strongly disagree with you here. Jones was a stud as a Fr. Brown was good defensively, she's been struggling to find her offensive game her entire career. Started playing probably her best ball right at the tail end of her time at OSU.

Reaction Score
Cameron Swartz to GT

I really like her game. I was at the NC State game this year when they took them to ot and almost won. She's a bucket, and plays with a lot of energy. I was hoping she would go to Georgia as they seem to have revamped well via the portal. GT lost a lot of talent this summer. Wishing her the best tho

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Jones was clearly better than Brown...she averaged almost 13 points per game playing with Brown (who averaged 6.2 points) about the same rebounds (7+), more blocks, and shot 58% from the floor to Brown's 36.6%. Great post moves and footwork inside. Should help out Texas immensely and be a solid upgrade from Lauren Ebo.

Reaction Score

KB is an intelligent 6'6" BIG. If she improves her shooting from the free throw line extended, she will be a great addition to Duke. KB is fundamentally sound, solid defender, and rebounder. I wouldn't expect her to be a primary offensive weapon, but a complimentary offensive addition.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Would have been nice to find a BE team and go against her sister a few times. :(
Now that you posted this, yeah, I wonder why she wasn’t contacted by any of our other schools who are clearly better programs than Ball State (though 3 are clearly not). I wonder if an Illinois Assistant Coach landed at Ball State and made the effort? Damn it, now you made my head hurt from thinking! Curse you Eebmg, curse you!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Now that you posted this, yeah, I wonder why she wasn’t contacted by any of our other schools who are clearly better programs than Ball State (though 3 are clearly not). I wonder if an Illinois Assistant Coach landed at Ball State and made the effort? Damn it, now you made my head hurt from thinking! Curse you Eebmg, curse you!
Of course it might go the other way. Maybe being on the losing end of blowout games is something Nika would not want for her younger sister??

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
KB is an intelligent 6'6" BIG. If she improves her shooting from the free throw line extended, she will be a great addition to Duke. KB is fundamentally sound, solid defender, and rebounder. I wouldn't expect her to be a primary offensive weapon, but a complimentary offensive addition.

264.gif

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
That's an interesting ranking list by Creme. Was surprised he didn't have Esmery Martinez higher. He also had Priscilla Williams towards the bottom.

He didn't have 6'6 Stephanie Soares (Iowa State) listed at all; she is coming from an NAIA school, I believe, but curious where she stacks up to the other transfers who have already announced their decisions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom