New Offensive Coordinator! Rhett Lashlee of Auburn | Page 9 | The Boneyard

New Offensive Coordinator! Rhett Lashlee of Auburn

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
No...He has no coat coming from Ala. With a pay cut he can't afford one. One of his incentives is after 1st 5 400 yard passing games Suzie gives him a winter coat.

I don't want to bring you down but you do know last years Auburn offense was 71% run and 29% pass?

At that rate he will have NO WINTER COAT.

Reaction Score
Wow:
Highly successful OC takes a 45% pay cut & moves to a State with Income tax & high cost of living.
Boggles the mind!
What next?
UConn sells tickets to the Spring Game?
I actually DO have a shot with Kate Winnick?

Guess that I'll just enjoy this moment & wait to see what other tricks A.D.Dave & HCRE have up their sleeves.
Can't wait for the Spring Game! Great day to be a Husky football fan!

Not suggesting that he doesn't want more money eventually - but once you have "enough" money so that money isn't an issue - you can consider options that others cannot or will not. Given that he is 33 years old, he is playing the long game.

Reaction Score
Totally pumped!
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Not suggesting that he doesn't want more money eventually - but once you have "enough" money so that money isn't an issue - you can consider options that others cannot or will not. Given that he is 33 years old, he is playing the long game.
I think he gets a lot more freedom here and probably we are looking at our new coach in 4 years. Randy rights the ship, Rhett takes over.

Reaction Score
Can't figure this one out. But, just maybe:

Edsall to Lashlee - "Help me turn this thing around. I've got 3-5 years at this and then the reigns are yours."

Either that, or for some reason he was on the hot seat at Auburnn.

Either way, I think it's a great hire and I think Auburn over the years has run some of the best balanced offenses in the country.

I'm hearing from SEC people that Malzohn is on the hot seat at Auburn, and Lashlee might have been being made the scapegoat. Add that to going from being an OC in name only to a chance to be a real OC, and it begins to make sense.

By the way -- the fact that he may have been on the hot seat at Auburn does not in any way lessen my enthusiasm for the hire. Everyone is on the hot seat at Auburn when they go 3 years without a national championship. Just the way it is.

Reaction Score
Last night I couldn't sleep between this great news and the basketball team's great win. Last night I took a look at the list of Auburn's hard commits for 2017 and I was drooling.

Reaction Score
Last night I couldn't sleep between this great news and the basketball team's great win. Last night I took a look at the list of Auburn's hard commits for 2017 and I was drooling.

To temper enthusiasm a little, recruits who may want to back away from Auburn because Lashlee is leaving aren't likely to then look at us. Too big a difference geographically and quality of play.

What you realistically hope for this season is us getting one or two players who Auburn looked at but fell just short of being offered, as well as grad transfers he may have recruited years earlier.

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm good friends with a big Auburn fan. Quite the shocker to him last night. He like OCRL quite a bit and doesn't understand how he left for UConn. Thinks he'll do really well though up here.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Best guess is that he felt that if he wanted to advance his career he needed to get out from under his mentor. UConn is still a better gig than many other schools.

AD Dave connection probably gave him the reassurance to move here as opposed to somewhere else.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
My reaction was that Lashlee must not love the Auburn head coach and would rather get away and be happy. I've learned this first hand. Money can't buy happiness. We maybe sometimes it can.....

Reaction Score
Strange that he would leave Auburn for UConn for the same coaching position. Had to be some conflict down there. On their message board some fans seem happy that he's gone.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Strange that he would leave Auburn for UConn for the same coaching position. Had to be some conflict down there. On their message board some fans seem happy that he's gone.
I saw at least one poster noting that he was a very good recruiter as well. Experienced P5 OC AND a good recruiter.....expecting to wake up from the dream soon.

Reaction Score
My reaction was that Lashlee must not love the Auburn head coach and would rather get away and be happy. I've learned this first hand. Money can't buy happiness. We maybe sometimes it can.....
After reading everything out on the internet about this, I've come up with the following three most likely options (or a combo of some parts of all three):
1. He knows that Gus is on the hot-seat and likely out after this season. Wanted to pick a landing spot before he was forced to pick one.
2. There was some talk on the Auburn board that Gus may have been looking at bringing in a new OC (possible demotion)
3. He now gets to be the guy with full control/could be in for some big publicity if he can turn this dumpster fire around in short order

Reaction Score
Before 12/28, I wasn't going to renew my season tickets. Once Edsall was hired, I was back on the fence. With the Lashlee hire, I'm jumping the gd fence and begging Aspire to come take my money.

Reaction Score
Gotta think he is only here for a year or two but I like it. This adds to the value proposition of season tix. Pretty much cancels out the effects of the BC/Fenway thing.

Reaction Score
Serious question: I know Auburn had a (relative) down year this year but Lashlee was a Broyles finalist a couple years ago and is a pretty big name for an assistant. How the ____ did this happen?

Must be a HC opportunity eventually

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom