New Offensive Coordinator! Rhett Lashlee of Auburn | Page 11 | The Boneyard

New Offensive Coordinator! Rhett Lashlee of Auburn

Reaction Score
O.K. But do we want that QB?

To be fair... If you watch Last ChanceU on Netflix, you will see these facts.

1. JF3 expected to walk in the door as a starter in JUCO.
2. JF3 did not start at JUCO save for 1 game (which happened to be the game Lashlee was in and scored like 5 or 6 TDs in the 1st half before the game was canceled.)
3. The QB who started above JF3 did not get a single D1 offer, and is now a regular student at Mississippi State
4. The QB who started over JF3 just happens to be a redneck white boy (just funny since JF3 has track speed.)

So do you really want him? I dunno. I do know JF3 is an outstanding student and teammate. I live in Eugene Oregon now (hence my user name) and I flew my son to fan day at Auburn this past year. JF3 went out of his way to be exceptional to my son. He will always hold a special place in my heart. Regardless of what happens to him.

Reaction Score
Next season is 2017. You think Edsall is going to be ready to hang it up the following year? Seems unlikely. That said, good job by your AD of leveraging his contacts to bring a name coordinator to Uconn. He likely had the scoop on a mutual parting of ways coming between Lashlee and Malzan, and was able to position Uconn to be right there if/when it happened. Lashlee now gets to be his own man outside of his mentor's shadow, and Gus can chase the big name coordinator the AU Fanbase will demand if he desires to extend his tenure on the plains. Good Job A.D.D.

Apparently the leading guys are the former OC for Cal (who interviewed for their HC job,) the OC for Arizona State, and the OC from NC State. Pretty sure all have ties to CGM.

The fan base is all for Mark Helfrich. And being as I've lived in Eugene Oregon for a decade, I've seen him... Up close and in person many times, and I want him no where near my program, lol

Reaction Score
Next season is 2017. You think Edsall is going to be ready to hang it up the following year? Seems unlikely. That said, good job by your AD of leveraging his contacts to bring a name coordinator to Uconn. He likely had the scoop on a mutual parting of ways coming between Lashlee and Malzan, and was able to position Uconn to be right there if/when it happened. Lashlee now gets to be his own man outside of his mentor's shadow, and Gus can chase the big name coordinator the AU Fanbase will demand if he desires to extend his tenure on the plains. Good Job A.D.D.

No -- he originally predicted Lashlee would come here and take over when Diaco was fired after the upcoming season.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Playing the "who's following who on Twitter" game doesn't always lead to accurate findings, but...Lashlee has Jay Rose following him now. :eek:
I know it's not a car wash but it's on par. Had a conversation with my sister in law (who lives in Southington) a couple of days after RE was hired and she heard some rumors that Rose had an issue with Diaco over a position change and that he might be interested in resuming talks with UConn. Her brother received a state award (he's handles the stats for Southington High) and she was at a table with several people who might have some knowledge about this.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I know it's not a car wash but it's on par. Had a conversation with my sister in law (who lives in Southington) a couple of days after RE was hired and she heard some rumors that Rose had an issue with Diaco over a position change and that he might be interested in resuming talks with UConn. Her brother received a state award (he's handles the stats for Southington High) and she was at a table with several people who might have some knowledge about this.
I would love to know which position. He was recruited as a TE.

What, Diaco wanted him to play safety?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I would love to know which position. He was recruited as a TE.

What, Diaco wanted him to play safety?
She told me but I can't remember. I'll get in touch with her and let you know.

Reaction Score
What has Rose been doing the past year?

Reaction Score
Had a conversation with my sister in law (who lives in Southington) a couple of days after RE was hired and she heard some rumors that Rose had an issue with Diaco over a position change

I would love to know which position. He was recruited as a TE.?

It was the hybrid "F back" position that Davis and Myers are designated as.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Say Rose wants to come back. Is he eligible next year? How do FCS to FBS transfers work?

Reaction Score
If Uconn can bring in The Auburn QB discussed in this thread that would be a HUGE pickup. It would greatly help the transition having a QB who already knows the offense leading the team, and acting in the role of a secondary coach teaching teammates at practice. I'm also curious to see how fast Lashlee starts recruiting some new QB's in this years class. This offense is heavy on the run game. A dynamic runner is almost a necessity to make it go.

Reaction Score
Conspiracy kitty says he's moving back to QB.

keyion dixon on Hudl

Honestly, at this point, the best bet for us might be to just yell out "Who has played QB before ?" at the first practice (or sooner), and have an open tryout type of deal. Can't be worse. Some of the ideas Diaco had were so odd and off the wall, that i wouldn't put it past him to have made the best QB on our roster a backup LS.

Actually, now that (presumably) the offense will change significantly, who knows who will fit ? If we're going to a "single-read-or-go" type of offense, then that certainly opens up the pool of possibles. If pro style, then less so. But again.....probably cant be worse.

Why not eh ?

Reaction Score
Reading the tea leaves here, but JayRose is following Edsall, Lashlee and Corey Edsall (the new TE coach). you never know... Can we get Mike Ross (from Suits) to take her SATs for her so she can get accepted into UConn too

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom