New Coach Announced at Noon Today (Press Conf. Friday @ 11 @Rent FREE & OPEN TO PUBLIC) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

New Coach Announced at Noon Today (Press Conf. Friday @ 11 @Rent FREE & OPEN TO PUBLIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This hiring reminds me of most of my Christmases as a child. I'd ask for a bike or a gaming system and get a 19" TV or a weight bench. Sure they were nice.....but I wanted the bike or gaming system dammit!!!! That sums up my feelings right now.

Better than the damn socks though which I got all to often as a kid

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yeah and Edsall won them less than half the time. Nice choice Benedict.

As much as I am lukewarm about the hire, Lou, you need to look at the silver linings or you're gonna get an ulcer and not be ready for the New Canaan season.

For one, UConn has not played a game in Storrs in 14 years and they were transitioning to D1A beginning in 2000. Now should you expect 15-0 when UConn takes the field in August? I'd temper those thoughts, considering Edsall started his head coaching career 9-26, but on the other hand, his overall record was 65-44 from 2002, the year before the Rent opened through the rest of his stay.

Reaction Score
UCONN had made the football commitment to mediocrity at best. I really don't think I can spend another dime on this football program, its gone from sad to just downright slap stick. I wonder if Randy is bringing in Deleone and Pasqualoni to fill some staff positions.

Reaction Score
Thanks for your interest in UConn FB.

I am very excited!! Excellent move given our situation. Hopefully HCRE has mellowed a bit and the time a player stays in the doghouse isn't measured in months.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
BOB IS GONE. WHO CARES WHO THE COACH IS?!?!?!?! IT'S NOT BOBBY! WOOHOOOO FUUUU BOBBY BOY

A little harsh but, I am much more looking forward to next season than I was a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom