New 2015 Commit ~ Michael Tarbutt P/K (NY) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New 2015 Commit ~ Michael Tarbutt P/K (NY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not to follow up on the bl*wjob theme ...

But did anyone see the picture of the girlfriend that Mr. Tarbutt brought to the Spring game?

Reaction Score
Not to follow up on the bl*wjob theme ...

But did anyone see the picture of the girlfriend that Mr. Tarbutt brought to the Spring game?

Ironic you posted at 420 today. Because...WTF. :cool:

Reaction Score
Is that Puyol in the background saying, "duckk!!" under his breath?
In case you're wondering, Bobby follows me on twitter. I favorited and retweeted Michael's post. As expected, Bobby has yet to retweet it.

ON a serious note, how many programs RS a kicker? Possibility Michael can/will unless he is clearly an upgrade? The video taped potential is certainly eye popping.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
A lot of programs RS kickers. We have a horrific history of this. (See Coach Dracula v. Cincy).

Reaction Score
A lot of programs RS kickers. We have a horrific history of this. (See Coach Dracula v. Cincy).
Legitimate kickers that make a difference eventually? I'm sure many do, is this is a strong possibility or do you all think Michael is coming in to unseat Puyol/?

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
And consistent too. While I was watching he hit like 15 in a row.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
In case you're wondering, Bobby follows me on twitter. I favorited and retweeted Michael's post. As expected, Bobby has yet to retweet it.

ON a serious note, how many programs RS a kicker? Possibility Michael can/will unless he is clearly an upgrade? The video taped potential is certainly eye popping.
The question is how many attempts did it take for this one success? Johnny Mac admitted he tried all of his trick throws about a dozen times for each throw on film.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Lots of guys can kick.

Being a good kicker is mental.

You don't think Matt Nuzie could stand on empty field and make kicks all day?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm not sweating the kicking position. It looks like we have two good ones. It's the kick blocking we should be worrying about.

Reaction Score
70 yards? If we cross the 50 yard line we should go for 3 on first down.

Reaction Score
Lets get in position to kick a field goal first before we worry about making the damn thing. If the offense has improved as we all hope, field goals will rightfully be a secondary consideration.

Reaction Score
Remember that time....on YouTube....when JMac was throwing the ball into the garbage cans from the rafters at Shenkman. That was great.....

Whoever our Kicker ends up being, just make all your PAT's and anything inside 40 yards; be 75% from 41-50 yards; be 50%+ outside of 50 yards; and put your KO's to or in the end zone and you'll be the man....and you'll be given an opportunity to play on Sundays.

70 yards is a bomb tho! Good to see that big of a leg.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
If he is better, he should play.
Hasn't HCBD commited to this?
He did it at RB. Frosh will play

Reaction Score
Puyol had an off (really off) year, oddly enough... Big fan of that kid... When he first got here he seemed to kick with more confidence out there.. We had no reason to see anything worse as a follow up to his frosh season... with the coaching change something changed in him, and brought about serious inconsistencies... I'm holding out hope for him that he's cleared up those issues... that way we can redshirt Tarbutt.. Have Tarbutt take over after a year of acclamation and hold it down for his 4 years of eligibility....

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Remember that time....on YouTube....when JMac was throwing the ball into the garbage cans from the rafters at Shenkman. That was great.....
Lol I think it would have been a bigger deal if he posted a video of him throwing as far as Cam Newton and not just accuracy tricks which can be done by just about anyone if given enough attempts. That would be more akin to a kicker posting a video of 30 consecutive field goals made from 52 yards. Who knows if it took 30 attempts or 150?

I don't care how many attempts this took, it's incredibly impressive. As others have said though, we'll see if he has the head for it. With that kind of leg I have to imagine he has confidence. I think I recall he hit a 50+ yarder in the state title game last year.

Edit: It was from 60...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr