Nevada Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Nevada Game Thread

Reaction Score
3rd Quarter ended up tied at 18-18. One of the worse quarters of UConn BB considering the talent disparity.

Give Credit to Nevada they slowed the ball down and took great shots.

Looking at the 3rd quarter stats UConn shot 8 - 11 for 72% , while Nevada shot 6-15 for 40%. UConn had 7 TO's to only 2 for Nevada in 3rd quarter.
And a couple more bogus fouls called on UConn.
71-44 end 3rd, weird the backboard lit up 3 seconds before the end of the quarter.
That was because the shot clock
expired.

Reaction Score
Well this is not pretty at all. Our girls are really feeling this extended road trip. Credit to Nevada. I am glad that Gabby has played well and been able to showcase her one of a kind skill set at home.

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Once again another quarter coming out completely flat. Nevada 9 UConn 3, three minutes into 4th quarter.

Geno calls a Time out. Geno and the players probably can't wait until this game is over. Some in the Crowd are probably saying UConn is not so great, why the hype?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
These players are tired and it shows. It'll be a long time before Geno set a schedule of this type.

Reaction Score
These players are tired and it shows. It'll be a long time before Geno set as schedule of this type like this.
He didn't. He shrugged his shoulders last week when asked, saying that he had hoped for more spacing but it was out of his hands, or something like that--whatever that means.

Reaction Score
A lot of uconns games will be like this, the energy they play with, and Geno only plays what 6-7 people, so unfortunately yes a lot of blow out games will have a lot of sluggage moments, because these girls will get tired, I get they are prob conditioned to play this way, but only going 6-7 players deep towards the end of blow out games expect tired players who prob won’t play with as much effort as they do when the game starts if that makes sense.

Reaction Score
I can’t wait for this game and trip to be over. Just hope the girls make it out alive with all the fouls not being called (except against us).

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
They know how to use their big guys when they are being guarded by shorter, less athletic players.

Reaction Score
These players are tired and it shows. It'll be a long time before Geno set a schedule of this type.

I think we're seeing that 10 days on the road is just too long, hopefully whoever builds these schedules does a better job in the future. They look tired and sloppy.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Anyone notice how calm Geno is on the bench? When the game is close either because the other team is playing well or his team is just worn out he remains calm. When they're up by a lot and the team screws up or they show a lack of effort he loses his mind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom