Nevada Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Nevada Game Thread

Reaction Score
How many teams would think that a 25 point lead amounts to failure? The unique world of the Huskies.

Lol I was just saying this, I would love for fans to say my team isn’t playing well while we’re up by damn near 30 points

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
A lot of whining about the refs for a game UConn is winning by 25. I've seen some bad calls go against Nevada too.
Darn right. Complaining about refereeing whether you win or lose is ridiculous. Play well and referee's aren't a factor. Only three things matter: Did you put the ball in the basket, did you stop the other team from putting the ball in the basket, and did you play hard and with good sportsmanship.

Reaction Score
Nice 3 ball from Kyla. Molly one good play followed by a bone head move. Girl just needs to relax.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Anyone notice how calm Geno is on the bench? When the game is close either because the other team is playing well or his team is just worn out he remains calm. When they're up by a lot and the team screws up or they show a lack of effort he loses his mind.
I think he must a taken a big hit at the blackjack table last night

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Baskets in the Paint Final
UConn 6-7-7-2 = 22
One Armed Bandits 1-2-2-4 = 9

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Usually able to enjoy most game even blowouts like tonight. This was a tough game to watch.

Reaction Score
Screenshot (11).png

Reaction Score
As they say in court, "You will remove this game from your mind; it will carry no weight".
But you can’t unring the bell, which is why the law allows for a mistrial. Not so in basketball. I’m sure there will be plenty to discuss and plenty to learn from with this one!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Is this the first game this season that UConn has won the 4th quarter?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Darn right. Complaining about refereeing whether you win or lose is ridiculous. Play well and referee's aren't a factor. Only three things matter: Did you put the ball in the basket, did you stop the other team from putting the ball in the basket, and did you play hard and with good sportsmanship.
I think if the refs are making up calls or appear to be one sided, it affects how the players play the game. If you get called for fouls when you are under the basket then you are going to be hesitant when you are near the basket. But if you go after rebounds or blocks and aren't called for phantom fouls, then you can continue to play your game.
One problem that I see with refs in almost every sport, they will blow their whistle if they think a foul or penalty occurred. How many times does the ref that is not closest to the play make the call?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom