ND complaints thread (further merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ND complaints thread (further merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guess we will never get into the ACC now that Muffy has shown that UCONN has indeed gotten under her skin.

Oh, wait...football drives the CR bus. Never mind, let her stew in her curds and whey.

Last edited by a moderator:

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Guess we will never get into the ACC now that Muffy has shown that UCONN has indeed gotten under her skin. We know how those Catholic bully schools like to throw their petty grievance weight around.

Oh, wait...football drives the CR bus. Never mind, let her stew in her curds and whey.

Damn straight UC - Muppet has curdled !!!!!

Reaction Score
Your two main rivals Muffet & Pat have there differences with Geno but it is all there fault.??

No it's their problem, personally I think that Muffet is getting the same complex as Pat regarding UConn overtaking her in Championships. It is not Geno's job to keep these lady's happy.

Usually I likeMuffet's wardrobe but that checkered skirt was hideous, looked like a leftover from the Indy 500.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Your two main rivals Muffet & Pat have there differences with Geno but it is all there fault.??

You're right in the sense that Geno is a smart aleck who can get under some people's skin. But Muffet and Pat are adults in a very competitive profession. They should be able to take some of the heat. Moreover, Muffet went over the line and was classless, IMO, when she refused to clap for Stewie at the awards ceremony. I thought coaches were supposed to support the accomplishments of the young women who play the game.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
What a jealous little insecure piece of _____.

Apparently she missed Geno's comment just the other day when he said ND was "far and away the best team I've seen this year". You'd have thought his quote was something like, "ND? I've seen 10 other teams as good as ND. They're nothing special. And Kayla McBride couldn't start for us."

She admitted during her presser she likes playing the role of underdog but this is a joke. No, Muffet, the center of the athletic universe is NOT South Bend.
And she has more to say here...

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Ramping it up...

I agree with both of them... Muffet is telling it like it is from her perspective.... Geno does not give credit to her wins against UConn over the last two years of the old Big East.

And Geno is telling it like it is from his perspective...

One wears a lot of green... One wears a lot of blue...

Makes for GREAT press in advance of the game tomorrow...

Muffet would like nothing better than to be have Notre Dame be mentioned as the current biggest rival to UConn...

Reaction Score
But on the other hand, if Geno was the magnanimous gentlemen you all seem to think he is, why retweet it. That makes it seem like she's under his skin a bit.

It's all gamesmanship folks.

She complains about a lack of respect, but isn't that exactly what she showed a young woman on UConn? McGraw is not under
Geno's skin. I don't think Geno gives two hoots what she says or thinks about him, but he is protective of his kids. It's "civility" to acknowledge her, and that's why he re-tweeted.

Reaction Score
Muffet would like nothing better than to be have Notre Dame be mentioned as the current biggest rival to UConn...

And it seems that is just what Geno graciously termed ND the other day

Reaction Score
CTyankee said:
Ramping it up...

I agree with both of them... Muffet is telling it like it is from her perspective.... Geno does not give credit to her wins against UConn over the last two years of the old Big East.

And Geno is telling it like it is from his perspective...

One wears a lot of green... One wears a lot of blue...

Makes for GREAT press in advance of the game tomorrow...

Show me proof of where Geno did not give them credit for their wins. I have always known Geno to give credit where credit is due.

The only thing that might give any credence to her claim is the report that one of her players yelled into the UCONN locker room "it s×*ks to be you" after ND beat UConn. He said it happened, she said it didn't. That is really when things went south between them.

Reaction Score
Yawn. On the one hand, she doesn't want to play the gracious lady like Pat and appear weak if Geno gets the best of her on the court. On the other hand, she can't do the smart-assed carnival barker routine as well as Geno because society doesn't accept that behavior from women. So she wants a place at the adults' table, and she isn't quite sure how to play it.

On the other other hand, after this shot across the bow and the awards ceremony, I think we should totally be allowed to call them Muffett's Muffins again.

Reaction Score
Another thing is that, it's not UCONN disrespecting them, it's actually the media. Geno gives credit where credit is due. He's always said "give ND credit, they won the game" when we lost.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
:rolleyes:

Im surprised no one mentioned here in the Boneyard the comments she made before the conference tournaments began.

Anyway.... for those of us with no dog in the fight..... all of this makes for must see tv.... even if just to watch the pre and post game handshakes ;)

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Some lyrics from Muffet's theme song....

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Take care, TCB

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Show me proof of where Geno did not give them credit for their wins. I have always known Geno to give credit where credit is due.

The only thing that might give any credence to her claim is the report that one of her players yelled into the UCONN locker room "it s×*ks to be you" after ND beat UConn. He said it happened, she said it didn't. That is really when things went south between them.

Maybe I should rewrite what I meant to say... Muffet thinks Geno has not given enough credit to them for their wins over them in the last two years.

That's her perspective... Her comments designed to stir up the press, the fan base, and any recruits looking at them...

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Sissies, I tell ya, Sissies...The Boneyard is replete with sissies. Forget the tea and crumpets.

Play ball.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
That's just a nickname. Her real name is Ann.
I thought it was Quick Draw.

QUICK+DRAW+McGRAW+%232+1960.jpg

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
There is a perception. One of the things I perceive about Geno - I have always felt that way - is that he is very good at the gaining a psychological advantage coming into games. And he does it naturally, I don't think he thinks about it, it is ingrained in his personality to be that aggressive person, and a lot of very successful folks also have that ability. Which might be interpreted as a lack of respect.

I don't doubt that Muffet really feels the way she says. Isn't going to help her beat UConn, however.

To the poster who keeps carping about her name - I understand her legal name if Muffet. It isn't the name she was born with, she apparently changed it.

t-gal

T for Trouble
Reaction Score
Sissies, I tell ya, Sissies...The Boneyard is replete with sissies. Forget the tea and crumpets.

Play ball.
AMEN! Let the score do the talkin'

Reaction Score
McGraw said she doesn't think she ever had a close relationship with the outspoken, sometimes bombastic Auriemma, who were both raised in the Philadelphia area.

So I guess that means that the long held belief that was often noted on this board that Geno and Muffet were close because they both came out of Philly was all a myth. Guess you can't believe everything you read. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I will say this, if the men win it tonight, and the women can do the same tomorrow night, it will be undeniable that UConn is THE college basketball capital. Good luck to fellow coaches trying to negatively recruit against that pile of hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom