ND complaints thread (further merged) | The Boneyard

ND complaints thread (further merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"I think that got lost," McGraw said. "When we were in the same conference, there was a modicum of it. But I think after beating them and still not feeling any respect for that, we definitely lost something."

Asked whether a more civil relationship could be salvaged, McGraw said, "That would be difficult."

"It's a little like how you would feel about a bully," McGraw said of Connecticut. "I think you have to go in there and attack and not listen to everything that's said."

McGraw said she doesn't think she ever had a close relationship with the outspoken, sometimes bombastic Auriemma, who were both raised in the Philadelphia area.

"There was also some mutual respect when we first started," McGraw said.

McGraw said she thinks Auriemma is looking for a competitive edge. "I think he likes to get under the skin, but we just didn't want to go there," McGraw said.

LINK

Reaction Score
That's a weird article. Maybe I just need to read it when I'm more rested or something.

Reaction Score
"But I think after beating them and still not feeling any respect for that, we definitely lost something."

Sounds like an inferiority complex. What was UConn supposed to do, hold a press conference and announce that ND was superior? The Huskies always complimented ND and responded appropriately win or lose. If MM isn't happy with that it's really her issue. I think her real problem is that she failed to deliver the ultimate victory in recent years. Beating the Huskies should not have been the goal - winning the NCAA tournament was the proper goal. Since she did the former without the latter, particularly when UConn stepped up and delivered a championship, it has apparently left a hole in MM's program that she doesn't know how to fill so she's lashing out.

The timing is really odd. She has a chance to cure all of that tomorrow and instead she's acting up and, I would think, planting seeds of doubt about how she's handling it. Very strange.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
At the end of the game, one undefeated team WILL lose its first and only game of the entire season. This will be a bitter pill to swallow for one team, one coach, and one set of fans....

Reaction Score
It's really hard to take anyone named Muffet seriously, now if she was named Buffy, look out!

Reaction Score
Like it or not folks, you are now in WBB what UCLA to was MBB in the late 60's and early 70's; you are not going to be liked outside your own fanbase.

Interesting characterization of Geno as well (outspoken, bombastic). Those are not adjectives that typically endear you to people, not are they descriptions you are going to find in the Hartford Courant.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Like it or not folks, you are now in WBB what UCLA to was MBB in the late 60's and early 70's; you are not going to be liked outside your own fanbase.

Interesting characterization of Geno as well (outspoken, bombastic). Those are not adjectives that typically endear you to people, not are they descriptions you are going to find in the Hartford Courant.

Geno has been called worse than bombastic and outspoken, including in the Hartford Courant and on the Boneyard.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Small potatoes...gettin old and sports are not for sissies. Smack talk between rivals is not a new venue. Spices up the game.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
What a jealous little insecure piece of _____.

Apparently she missed Geno's comment just the other day when he said ND was "far and away the best team I've seen this year". You'd have thought his quote was something like, "ND? I've seen 10 other teams as good as ND. They're nothing special. And Kayla McBride couldn't start for us."

She admitted during her presser she likes playing the role of underdog but this is a joke. No, Muffet, the center of the athletic universe is NOT South Bend.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Geno has been very complimentary to ND and their players over the years. He was most complimentary to Achonwa went she went down with the ACL. What does Muffet want?

Muffet is acting like a middle schooler with selective hearing. I only hear what I want to hear.

Reaction Score
Perhaps there is a bit of animosity growing. Someone, unfamiliar to me, tweeted the other day, "why couldn't Muffet clap when B Stewart was named AP POY" and, to my surprise, Geno re-tweeted it.

Making those comments seems exactly like Geno has already gotten under her skin.

Reaction Score
Perhaps there is a bit of animosity growing. Someone, unfamiliar to me, tweeted the other day, "why couldn't Muffet clap when B Stewart was named AP POY" and, to my surprise, Geno re-tweeted it.

Making those comments seems exactly like Geno has already gotten under her skin.

But on the other hand, if Geno was the magnanimous gentlemen you all seem to think he is, why retweet it. That makes it seem like she's under his skin a bit.

It's all gamesmanship folks.

Reaction Score
"I think that got lost," McGraw said. "When we were in the same conference, there was a modicum of it. But I think after beating them and still not feeling any respect for that, we definitely lost something."

Well little Miss Muffett one way I know of to gain RESPECT is to not have the face of your team{Skylar Diggins} scream at the crowd "this is my $%^ing house" after a close win at Gampel. RESPECT is earned and to get it you have to give it.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Asked whether a more civil relationship could be salvaged, McGraw said, "That would be difficult."

"It's a little like how you would feel about a bully," McGraw said of Connecticut. "I think you have to go in there and attack and not listen to everything that's said."

McGraw said she doesn't think she ever had a close relationship with the outspoken, sometimes bombastic Auriemma, who were both raised in the Philadelphia area.

"There was also some mutual respect when we first started," McGraw said.

McGraw said she thinks Auriemma is looking for a competitive edge. "I think he likes to get under the skin, but we just didn't want to go there," McGraw said.

LINK
Sounds like a lot of psychological projection going on with Muffet.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
Your two main rivals Muffet & Pat have there differences with Geno but it is all there fault.??

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

Believe it or not, we have known this for a while CTdad.

I must add that Like is one thing, respect is another which I think this whole megillah is about. Clearly Muffet is on her pity pot, having little respect for Geno and I suspect, for herself. Most people who have to put down others in order to make themselves appear superior usually have a very low self esteem.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Never liked McGraw, but now hold her in contempt. What a classless, whiny little brat.

Other than her inherent pettiness, I think she's pre-emptively getting all her contrived grievances out-of-the-way before she receives the beat-down Geno is going to visit upon her tomorrow night. She doubts their chances and knows that similar rank comments after losing would make her look a bigger fool than she currently appears.

Her comments, which amount to a personal attack, are no way to lead and inspire the group of young women under her charge. Shameful.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Or she is setting up for tomorrow night's outcome -
If she loses, maybe she will get some sympathy
If she wins, maybe then she will get some respect.

My experience with folks who play games such as these: They will never be satisfied with anything they get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom