ND complaints thread (further merged) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ND complaints thread (further merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like it or not folks, you are now in WBB what UCLA to was MBB in the late 60's and early 70's; you are not going to be liked outside your own fanbase.

Interesting characterization of Geno as well (outspoken, bombastic). Those are not adjectives that typically endear you to people, not are they descriptions you are going to find in the Hartford Courant.
The big distinction is that UCLA was great primarily because they had a booster who bought great player after great player so that basically Wooden had an all-star team throughout most of the golden years of his tenure. Geno actually had to make his legacy, brick by brick by brick. Initially he had a horrible facility to try and entice players. Eventually Gampel Pavilion was built but still, UConn had only one winning season prior to his arrival and was considered, at best, a regional team. It took the success of the 1991 team to really change the image of UConn's women's basketball. Geno continues to gush about the brilliance of Wooden but I'm inclined to think that Wooden played with a stacked deck. I don't think he would have had nearly the success that he had were it not for that booster "buying" him the best players in the land. I don't think he was a part of it but how naïve would he have had to be to not be aware that this booster had bought cars and given money and leased apartments to his kids??? There are so many places where other programs had better facilities and better environments to recruit in than did Geno. What it took was a massive amount of work and diligence on his and Chris's part to make this program into what it is today. Tough if some people resent it but it isn't like it came easily. Why not enjoy the ride? Who cares about their envy and jealousy. Sports fans, who are ignorant and who hate or criticize without knowing what a long and difficult trip it was can say what they want. I think Geno made it clear that all that cr*p means nothing to him. He's proud of his success and is doing everything he can to continue it into the future. No two people deserve that success more than he and Chris Daley.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
God, I have never wanted to see a beat-down as much as this game even though I know it isn't likely to happen. Still, one can hope..... :)
ND gonna get a tuffet kickin'! USA Basketball (coach & players) will take care of business tomorrow...I don't think it will be as close a game as some might.

UConn is truly 'America's Team'!!!

Hat Tip - Tex Schramm

Last edited:
Reaction Score
God, I have never wanted to see a beat-down as much as this game even though I know it isn't likely to happen. Still, one can hope..... :)
Yeah same here. Would love for Stewie and Kaleena to come out firing and knocking down 3s in the first minute of the game. Like bad shooting, hot shooting is also contagious and if UConn gets rolling, it will be bombs away like in last year's final when they set the record for made 3s in a final game. I think tomorrow we may see some killer instinct from this team finally where if they get going, they aren't going to stop until the final buzzer or Geno makes some mercy subs for the last 4 minute segment.

Reaction Score
UConn will do its talking on the court as they always do. I hope Muffet's Muppets get pounded and that will erase all doubt as to whose superior. Number nine will be mighty fine like a glass of wine with grapes grown on the vine it's about time that ND was pounded into . . . Sorry, ran out of rhyming words. Anybody want to help out? Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Catholic eh? Is Tenn a Catholic school.
The bigotry finally shows itself.
Tenn is not the school that kept UConn out of CR. BC and ND however, played a major role. Not anti catholic bias, just that those two schools who happen to be catholic schools have been the most vociferous in their hatred for UConn overall, not just in women's basketball. I don't believe it was meant to be bigoted, just factual.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Apologies to all I inadvertently offended. No more.

You did not offend me... (Don't know about other posts or posters.) My bad in not being more succinct in my posting...

Reaction Score
"I think that the entire Tennessee nation will be on our side," McGraw said when asked who Lady Vols fans in attendance will root for. "There are a lot of people who want to see us win just to preserve Pat's legacy now. I think all women's coaches really respect her and looked up to her, because they knew when she spoke, it was about what was good for the women's game. She role-modeled how to be gracious in victory, as well as defeat. She was such a classy coach and, unfortunately, the game and sportsmanship lost a lot when we lost her."

The lady done lost her mind :mad::rolleyes::eek::p:(

From Voepels article that pap linked on its own thread

CTyankee

Reaction Score
"I think that the entire Tennessee nation will be on our side," McGraw said when asked who Lady Vols fans in attendance will root for. "There are a lot of people who want to see us win just to preserve Pat's legacy now. I think all women's coaches really respect her and looked up to her, because they knew when she spoke, it was about what was good for the women's game. She role-modeled how to be gracious in victory, as well as defeat. She was such a classy coach and, unfortunately, the game and sportsmanship lost a lot when we lost her."

This is cranking it up a notch... I smell gender warfare brewing...

Uncalled for...

Reaction Score
Re: Muffin saying Geno never acknowledged respect for ND. I wonder if she is festering over those statements Geno made last year when ND seemed to have our number? Remember when he was quoted as saying that ND didn't beat them, but UCONN lost? I think those were his words. He was pointing out the role the Huskies played in the outcome of each loss.

So here's an experience I had this winter where Muffin's distaste for UCONN became very clear to me. I was at a tournament where the Samuelson girl still in high school was playing. Lots of recruiters there, including Geno, Duke coach, Kentucky coach, and others. When I was walking into the gym, I noticed Muffin and her asst coach walking right beside me. I was surprised to be this close to her in person, and I started chatting with her--said hello, told her I used to live in her hometown, she smiled and we shared a few words. Then I made the big mistake--not knowing of the bad blood--and I told her I was a UCONN fan. It was like the blood just drained out of her face, she snapped her head away from me, and kind of stomped off! It was a very chilly response. ;)

Reaction Score
This is cranking it up a notch... I smell gender warfare brewing...

Uncalled for...

Yea I don't know what exactly is she doing, she's reaching.....for what I really don't know.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I sense that she maybe trying to get in Geno's craw and distract the team but diverting their attention from execution to a feud.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
This is all just hype. Ridiculous. Didn't you see how the media just baited them both, and the students too. It's just a pile of coals being poked and poked until they smolder a bit. At least Geno sees through it all. He has a good deal more experience with this kind of junk and so is much wiser than MMcG at this point.

None of the media had a word to say about basketball. Didn't you notice. Disgusting.

CTyankee

Reaction Score
Comments made for the media...
And the ND faithful...
And those-who-hate-Geno-because he-has-topped-Pat.
And those-who-hate-men-coaches-in-WBB.
And don't forget the impressionable recruits...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Re: Muffin saying Geno never acknowledged respect for ND. I wonder if she is festering over those statements Geno made last year when ND seemed to have our number? Remember when he was quoted as saying that ND didn't beat them, but UCONN lost? I think those were his words. He was pointing out the role the Huskies played in the outcome of each loss.

I thought about that. He said that at a breakfast, though Muffet was aware of the comments. What coach doesn't say things like that, particularly when dealing with a fragile team like he had last year. He was trying to build up confidence in his team (and fans). He's always praised the ND, just like he's doing now. BTW, Muffet rarely praises opponents.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I sense that she maybe trying to get in Geno's craw and distract the team but diverting their attention from execution to a feud.
I'm beginning to sense this is a gender thing. Would she say these kinds of things about another female coach?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

The lady done lost her mind :mad::rolleyes::eek::p:(

Wow. She really has become unhinged. Muffet invoking Pat Summit's legacy is laughable. Those are the kindest words she's ever said about Summit and utterly insincere given that the real target is Geno. Really bad form.

I thought she would come in to this Final Four riding a wave of confidence and just go about business. Unnecessary, it seems.

Reaction Score
What if Muffet has been sitting on all of these feelings about Geno for a long time but just waiting until they get to another conference to "release the kraken" of animosity. She obviously has been feeling this way for a while but couldn't say it while in the same conference as Geno bc Geno would eat her alive. Now she's running around like she's got diarrhea of the mouth - just a theory:eek:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
You guys need to get in the ACC just so you can play ND twice a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom