NC State Attendance | Page 9 | The Boneyard

NC State Attendance

What will attendance look like game 1 vs NC State at the Rent?

• Under 20K

Votes: 19 6.2%
  • 21-25K

Votes: 88 28.8%
  • 26-30K

Votes: 102 33.3%
  • 30K+

Votes: 97 31.7%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
The thing that is hard to judge is the 2 free tickets given to basketball season ticket holders. I know I claimed mine with the intention of giving them to a friend who sometimes tags along to football games with my group. He had already purchased tickets. I did find someone else to give them to. But I wonder, how many people have claimed their freebies and won't use them?

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
Why? Both are land grant institutions. UConn football can definitely get to Penn State’s level with a P5 invite.
UConn where it is between NYC and Boston, get the money, fan support, and head coaching can definitely be a strong football program, idk if we get to Penn St caliber, they're not a blue blood but definitely are on that Tennessee, Miami, Georgia, FSU 2nd tier

Reaction Score
Certainly wish they would have busses for all the student tickets they gave out. Seems like a logical thing with an off campus stadium that did not happen. Should have a bus ticket with every student ticket they give.

Reaction Score
The school let the program crater. I appreciate that coach understands that and is diplomatic about it. The fan base needs to be partially rebuilt. A lot of the glory days fan base has either died or retired to the south. We’ve gotta win and and replace them with young blood.

I have a lot of respect for how well Mora communicates and shows sensitivity to a fan base that has been tortured by bad hires and conference realignment. He’s just a solid, stable and thoughtful guy. He isn’t going to blame us for not being there until he earns it.
Jim Mora is a classy guy but I’m not so I will say what he wants to say but can’t. I am willing to take the heat for these comments im about to say.

If you have the opportunity to go to this game especially if it’s free and don’t then you stink, you are a complete and utter joke. Your not a UConn fan.

Reaction Score
Comparing UConn to Penn State is a folly.
Show me someone who says what you said, and I'll show you someone who hasn't been very successful in life.

My life lesson for the day. "Think small and you will always be small." It's not too late to change. You're welcome.

Reaction Score
UConn should be compared to BC, Syracuse and Rutgers. That's it.
And how exactly was I comparing UConn to Penn State? 100k to 40K is not a comparison, it's a reference point. Tons of the Penn State fans traveled 2-3 hours for the game and our fans complain about an hour drive to the Rent....

Reaction Score
And how exactly was I comparing UConn to Penn State? 100k to 40K is not a comparison, it's a reference point. Tons of the Penn State fans traveled 2-3 hours for the game and our fans complain about an hour drive to the Rent....
I didn't say you were. I was pointing out to the guy i quoted that there are comparable programs and no one, including you, were trying to compare UConn to Penn State.

Reaction Score
Jim Mora is a classy guy but I’m not so I will say what he wants to say but can’t. I am willing to take the heat for these comments im about to say.

If you have the opportunity to go to this game especially if it’s free and don’t then you stink, you are a complete and utter joke. Your not a UConn fan.

Love the SEC vibe here.
I'll take it one step further. If you haven't started tailgating yet you are a complete and utter joke.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't know how to feel about this statement.

Larry David Reaction GIF

Reaction Score

500 bus tickets gone in an hour. Hopefully the rest of the students have rides...

This was a problem when I was a student from 2005-2010 too. The season tickets would sell out in early August before the freshmen even got to campus and bus tickets were hot commodities and always sell out. There was an entire secondary market for them.

It's both good and bad we're getting back to those times haha.

Reaction Score
This is the kind of attitude we need to get rid of, of course it has to be UConn’s own doing to change that perception.

Reaction Score

That’s the whole point. You have to cultivate new fans. He understands that.

Reaction Score
This is the kind of attitude we need to get rid of, of course it has to be UConn’s own doing to change that perception.
Why? They are regional FBS schools within driving distance. Let me clarify. When they knock our attendance, we need to be close to their level on attendance figures if not in exact numbers in terms of capacity. No one would suggest we should be compared to PSU that regularly draws 100k.

Reaction Score
Why? They are regional FBS schools within driving distance. Let me clarify. When they knock our attendance, we need to be close to their level on attendance figures if not in exact numbers in terms of capacity. No one would suggest we should be compared to PSU that regularly draws 100k.
We are the state flagship university of CT. Our goal should be like Penn State. We definitely have more potential than Cuse, BCU, and RU. If UCONN football can win regularly, we can be like the #2 program in the Northeast.

Reaction Score

We are the state flagship university of CT. Our goal should be like Penn State. We definitely have more potential than Cuse, BCU, and RU. If UCONN football can win regularly, we can be like the #2 program in the Northeast.

Who is your #1?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom