NC State Attendance | Page 7 | The Boneyard

NC State Attendance

What will attendance look like game 1 vs NC State at the Rent?

• Under 20K

Votes: 19 6.2%
  • 21-25K

Votes: 88 28.8%
  • 26-30K

Votes: 102 33.3%
  • 30K+

Votes: 97 31.7%

• Total voters

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
This. Is it better to fill seats by giving away tickets than to play in front of an empty stadium. Probably (only to a point because if you give away too many free tickets too frequently you'll lose your paying customers). But to think that you have a meaningful data point when you compare how many bodies you can get into seats when you're giving away tickets to how many you can sell tickets to is just silly. Giving away tickets, short term, doesn't generate revenue and what power conferences want to know is whether we can generate enough revenue to compete, not whether we can fill our stadium by giving away tickets to the right people.
Yes, AND, we get the casuals back faster for future home games if they come out on a Thursday night to watch us announce To the college football world we’re back in front of 30k of their closest friends.

Reaction Score
At this point, If the people sit in the seats, does it matter whether they paid or not?
Not to me as long as they get their azzes off the seat on 3rd down on defense. That and not be on the phone the whole game. ;)
It’s time to get you to bed Grampa.
No attack but have you ever had one you would like to take back? I am not the forum police or a veteran but have nothing but respect for the fact we still speak English in this country. This due to our thousands of veterans who went to bed at an early age. This forum is nothing but differing opinions with some very informative, others just a different opinion.
All or most here are Uconn fans so no need to slander. Just saying.
Go Huskies !!!!!!

Reaction Score
Yes, it does. If UConn (or any other school, for that matter) would publish "paid" attendance alongside "turnstile" attendance, I wouldn't complain. But incorporating those who did not pay for tickets inflates the truth.

BTW, I sell for a living. Giving away free samples does not qualify as a "sale". It has marketing value, introducing prospective customers to the product, just as giving away free football tickets does. In both cases, they are designed to generate demand for future revenue producing sales. I'm OK with that, as long as we don't hide the freebies in total current attendance/sales.
I’ve been waved through without being scanned more than once. I’m not sure they are misleading any more or less than others except those few that consistently sell out

Reaction Score
If people get in for free, at least the concessions make money.
Yeah but not for UConn nor the parking or taking $3 a ticket and a six figure payment for stadium use... Not sure about paying state cops. I bet not many folks know Corny Thompson used to run LAZ Parking in CT, he is in Texas now still working for them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This. Is it better to fill seats by giving away tickets than to play in front of an empty stadium. Probably (only to a point because if you give away too many free tickets too frequently you'll lose your paying customers). But to think that you have a meaningful data point when you compare how many bodies you can get into seats when you're giving away tickets to how many you can sell tickets to is just silly. Giving away tickets, short term, doesn't generate revenue and what power conferences want to know is whether we can generate enough revenue to compete, not whether we can fill our stadium by giving away tickets to the right people.
Love ya Biz but what the power conferences want to know is ‘do the networks find you accretive?’

Only way to make that happen is to ‘bust through ceilings and knock down doors’

Time to become the college equivalent of the Raiders. Playing by the rules hasn’t worked with CR

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not to me as long as they get their azzes off the seat on 3rd down on defense. That and not be on the phone the whole game. ;)

No attack but have you ever had one you would like to take back? I am not the forum police or a veteran but have nothing but respect for the fact we still speak English in this country. This due to our thousands of veterans who went to bed at an early age. This forum is nothing but differing opinions with some very informative, others just a different opinion.
All or most here are Uconn fans so no need to slander. Just saying.
Go Huskies !!!!!!

Gramps is always saying cranky things like that. I’m a veteran too.

Reaction Score
Yes, it does. If UConn (or any other school, for that matter) would publish "paid" attendance alongside "turnstile" attendance, I wouldn't complain. But incorporating those who did not pay for tickets inflates the truth.

BTW, I sell for a living. Giving away free samples does not qualify as a "sale". It has marketing value, introducing prospective customers to the product, just as giving away free football tickets does. In both cases, they are designed to generate demand for future revenue producing sales. I'm OK with that, as long as we don't hide the freebies in total current attendance/sales.

Literally every school and every sport reports tickets distributed as attendance. And everyone knows the numbers are inflated

And guess what? Nobody cares.

You’re simply not up to date on this.

Reaction Score
Love ya Biz but what the power conferences want to know is ‘do the networks find you accretive?’

Only way to make that happen is to ‘bust through ceilings and knock down doors’

Time to become the college equivalent of the Raiders. Playing by the rules hasn’t worked with CR

We’ve been playing by rules that nobody is following. We’re the dummies.

Reaction Score

The only thing I have problem with is the giving away tickets part. At least offering them at heavy discount would be preferable.

But if you’re going to do that you might as well go whole hog. Count tickets distributed and get something out of it.

A certain school that got into the ACC ahead of us used to give away tickets at all the fad stations in Kentucky. Sometimes you have to slum it up.

STHs have a right to be a little peeved but really they should just go enjoy the game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Yet, using "distributed tickets" four attendance figures is the industry norm. It makes no sense for Connecticut to be the only school that takes the approach that you're suggesting.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Yet, using "distributed tickets" four attendance figures is the industry norm. It makes no sense for Connecticut to be the only school that takes the approach that you're suggesting.
hell some places include emergency staff and vendors as part of their attendance (looking at Michigan and their "streak" of over 100,000+ attendance)

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Do they count the players and coaches too?
I think they did in 2014 against Minnesota, that's the only way that game had over 100k. They gave you two tickets if you bought two bottles of coke at the Student Union.

Reaction Score
STHs have a right to be a little peeved but really they should just go enjoy the game.
Agreed. I am a season ticket holder and do not care at all that they give away free tickets. I bought season tickets to help support the program not for the "value". A packed house is much more enjoyable for me than a sea of empty seats. What actually makes more peeved is that the school gives away tickets and we still can't fill the place.

Reaction Score
If you build it (a winning program) they will come.

Who cares if they're paid, free, donated, stolen, snuck it, etc. Butts in seats and the team playing hard is all that matters.

This is my second year having season tickets and I will only go to one home game total over the two seasons. I support the program because I care and want them to succeed and want people to show up.

30K physically in the building would be a massive success!

Reaction Score
Time to drag the spouse, your mother in law, the annoying neighbor, who ever to the Rent. Let’s push this as close to a sell out as possible. Time to show the revolution is just that a turning point in the program. Even one or two extra folks adds up quick, added to a lot of groups !

Reaction Score
Tons of schools give away student tickets and count the entire student section as full even if it's empty. It's all a game. It's actually crazy that students have to pay for tickets to the football games when you consider how little demand there is and how much they subsidize the program.

Reaction Score
Tons of schools give away student tickets and count the entire student section as full even if it's empty. It's all a game. It's actually crazy that students have to pay for tickets to the football games when you consider how little demand there is and how much they subsidize the program.
This changed a few years back, Looks like the students are coming in decent number for this game. Top link is information on students claiming tickets, bottom is a tweet from a few days in reference to NC state game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom