NC State Attendance | Page 6 | The Boneyard

NC State Attendance

What will attendance look like game 1 vs NC State at the Rent?

• Under 20K

Votes: 19 6.2%
  • 21-25K

Votes: 88 28.8%
  • 26-30K

Votes: 102 33.3%
  • 30K+

Votes: 97 31.7%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
25k attendance wouldn't shock me, although I think it will be a little lower than that.

That having been said, would someone please explain to me why anyone will care how many tickets we give away that go unused?
Lower than 25K would be pathetic. I have to imagine they'll get over 25,000.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but including free distributed tickets in "attendance" is a fraud.
Really? So what would your approach be to get more people in the seats before season starts? Been saying they should do this all summer….you have to market tickets to basketball season tickholders….think it’s a very effective marketing strategy!

Reaction Score
I hope one day UConn figures out a way to sell the upper level blue chair back seats.
Same, but I'm not going to lie -- when mid 3rd quarter roles around and my back starts hurting, I have no shame shuffling over a few sections and climbing some stairs to whatever is left there. I'll miss that. Or I'll pony up a little extra money and buy them for a change.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but including free distributed tickets in "attendance" is a fraud.
Google (Don Canham (1987) - University of Michigan Hall of Honor - University of Michigan Athletics) how former Track Coach and Athletic Director Don Canham(Woverine Sports) used ticket giveaways at Michigan to build an electric atmosphere that led to the modern day Big House. Canham credited with being the forerunner of the Businessman Athletic Director. Also used to sell out NCAA Indoor Track at Cobo Hall in Detroit until the NCAA in all its wisdom took it away from him and destroyed the annual 19k attendance(ever try to get to Fayetteville Ark??)

Reaction Score
Have confirmation that tickets out are over 30k now. Going to be the best crowd in years. Expect something similiar to the Syracuse game in 2016.

1500x500.jpeg

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
This thread makes me feel like I'm watching a horse race.

"They're coming around the final turn now, 21-25k and 26-30k are neck and neck, but here comes 30k+ making a strong move on the outside!". "Under 20k has faded badly so it looks like we've got a three horse race now as they head into the final stretch!" "Can 30k+ pull it out, does he have anything left in the tank?"
1693325158904.png

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Have confirmation that tickets out are over 30k now. Going to be the best crowd in years. Expect something similiar to the Syracuse game in 2016.

View attachment 91055
Ugh. You mean the game where their WR transfer from Maryland with an African name had like 300 yards receiving and so ate up our all-AAC corner that he was never the same again?

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
It's called papering. Plenty of extras to go.out to the car at halftime for free beers

Reaction Score
At this point, If the people sit in the seats, does it matter whether they paid or not?
Yes, it does. If UConn (or any other school, for that matter) would publish "paid" attendance alongside "turnstile" attendance, I wouldn't complain. But incorporating those who did not pay for tickets inflates the truth.

BTW, I sell for a living. Giving away free samples does not qualify as a "sale". It has marketing value, introducing prospective customers to the product, just as giving away free football tickets does. In both cases, they are designed to generate demand for future revenue producing sales. I'm OK with that, as long as we don't hide the freebies in total current attendance/sales.

Reaction Score
Yes, it does. If UConn (or any other school, for that matter) would publish "paid" attendance alongside "turnstile" attendance, I wouldn't complain. But incorporating those who did not pay for tickets inflates the truth.

BTW, I sell for a living. Giving away free samples does not qualify as a "sale". It has marketing value, introducing prospective customers to the product, just as giving away free football tickets does. In both cases, they are designed to generate demand for future revenue producing sales. I'm OK with that, as long as we don't hide the freebies in total current attendance/sales.

This. Is it better to fill seats by giving away tickets than to play in front of an empty stadium. Probably (only to a point because if you give away too many free tickets too frequently you'll lose your paying customers). But to think that you have a meaningful data point when you compare how many bodies you can get into seats when you're giving away tickets to how many you can sell tickets to is just silly. Giving away tickets, short term, doesn't generate revenue and what power conferences want to know is whether we can generate enough revenue to compete, not whether we can fill our stadium by giving away tickets to the right people.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom