Napheesa Collier should have been MVP, not A'ja Wilson...:) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Napheesa Collier should have been MVP, not A'ja Wilson...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
MVP/MOP should be given to the player who was beyond instrumental in getting their team to be victorious--whether that team wins it all or not. My MVP/MOP for the NCAA was Jefferson, for the Pan Am games--Nurse (runner up Jefferson), U19 Collier with Dangerfield runner up. It's not ONE game--it's how they contributed in most games (even a player who as a single bad game).

What ?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Question for you.... which front line would you rather have. Collier, Stevens, Wilson.... or Stewart, Reimer, Coates ???? That Pan-Am/U-19 scrimmage would have been interesting to see.
Depends on the competition - against the senior national teams and with the PanAm officials I'll stick with the front line that went to that competition. Collier, Wilson and Stevens would have been chopped to piece with the physical play that was allowed in the PanAms.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Depends on the competition - against the senior national teams and with the PanAm officials I'll stick with the front line that went to that competition. Collier, Wilson and Stevens would have been chopped to piece with the physical play that was allowed in the PanAms.

I think Wilson would have been ok.... but I would have feared for Stevens well-being if she played in the Pan Am games against those grown women.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Let me say this to all Fans. It doesn't matter who any other team recruits or what they do. UConn is at the top of the polls and those teams below them well the view doesn't change. UConn is there to stay for at least another 4 years. I understand they cant go undefeated forever and we wont but we will continue to dominate WCBB for at least another 4 years. So I McCoy goes elsewhere it doesn't matter why UConn continues to roll. Wilson went to SC and look what we did to them. We lost Bria and Stef and still didn't miss a beat. This season we lost KML and we wont miss a beat. Next season we lose Stewie and MoJeff and we wont miss a beat. The reason is not that we have all the top players. The reason is Geno and what he teaches. He doesn't let the girls take a play off. He drills them mentally and their confidence, attitude and discipline are at a level where they almost cant lose. In college one player can not win you a NC it takes a team of players who are all on the same page working as a unit. Geno is one of the Greatest Coaches of all time in any sport because he knows who to motivate teach train and develop players beyond their beliefs.

Reaction Score
MVP/MOP should be given to the player who was beyond instrumental in getting their team to be victorious--whether that team wins it all or not. My MVP/MOP for the NCAA was Jefferson, for the Pan Am games--Nurse (runner up Jefferson), U19 Collier with Dangerfield runner up. It's not ONE game--it's how they contributed in most games (even a player who as a single bad game).
Apparently you didn't look at the stats for the entire tournament.

Reaction Score
Question for you.... which front line would you rather have. Collier, Stevens, Wilson.... or Stewart, Reimer, Coates ???? That Pan-Am/U-19 scrimmage would have been interesting to see.

Easily Stewie, Coates Reimer.
The best player makes others much better. One player means a ton- especially when you are absolute best. The kids would get annihilated in the paint. Tall isn't the same as "big."
Stewie would be dominant. A couple of sophs and a hs player vs Stewie - arguably the greatest player in UCONN History?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Easily Stewie, Coates Reimer.
The best player makes others much better. One player means a ton- especially when you are absolute best. The kids would get annihilated in the paint. Tall isn't the same as "big."
Stewie would be dominant. A couple of sophs and a hs player vs Stewie - arguably the greatest player in UCONN History?
you was doing fine until this part

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
You either think she is so you didn't like "probably."

Or you don't think she is.

I don't know. :)
Stewie is good but DT & Maya played in the Big East

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Stewie is good but DT & Maya played in the Big East

It wasn't the Big East that resulted in Diana owning the most special place in the hearts of the UConn faithful. Unlike Maya and Stewie, she not only had the opportunity to play often against the accursed Tennessee LadyVols but time and again this Ballhog Chick drove the dagger into their hearts by her devastating clutch plays and baskets.

Diana earned the enduring enmity, even hatred, of the Summiteers - and the undying affection of us Boneyarders.

We will never see her likes again - not even Maya or Stewie, cuz they never "punched something orange!"

Reaction Score
It wasn't the Big East that resulted in Diana owning the most special place in the hearts of the UConn faithful. Unlike Maya and Stewie, she not only had the opportunity to play often against the accursed Tennessee LadyVols but time and again this Ballhog Chick drove the dagger into their hearts by her devastating clutch plays and baskets.

Diana earned the enduring enmity, even hatred, of the Summiteers - and the undying affection of us Boneyarders.

We will never see her likes again - not even Maya or Stewie, cuz they never "punched something orange!"

I "liked" your post, but query: plural "likes" or singular "like"?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I "liked" your post, but query: plural "likes" or singular "like"?

Good question. My best hastily researched response is that "likes of. . ." (and similar variants, as I used) translates into something like (!) "similar to. . . ." So I'll stick with the "likes" usage until some keen Boneyard grammarian guns me down.

Thanks for asking - good and digestible food for thought. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom