Most "memorable" losses or losses you will not be able to forget | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Most "memorable" losses or losses you will not be able to forget

Reaction Score
The 2002 loss to Maryland still sticks in my craw. I think Butler's 2nd half may be the best half of basketball ever by a Husky.

One that hasn't been named yet? 2001 home loss to Detroit in the NIT. Rashad Phillips was an Iverson clone who came in and punked a UConn team that just didn't want to be in the NIT. That drive home left a sour taste in my mouth. They didn't want to be there. I didn't either. And Detroit rubbed it in our face all night.

Reaction Score
George Mason Loss without a doubt. I was coaching in an AAU tournament and got back to my hotel room to watch the game thinking that there was absolutely no way we were going to lose (who is George Mason?). Just remember being in total shock during and after the game. One of the worst games I was at was I think in 1979 or 1980 being at Carrier Dome. A player had given me tix that were in first few rows and it was just amazing. I think we were up for much of the game, but ended up losing in a relatively close game. I was there with thy dad who was a Syracuse fan and it sucked

Reaction Score
I dont think the 6OT game is really that bad. It would have been 10x worse if "he who shall not be named" actually nailed the buzzer beater and celebrated on top of the table legitimately.

But, we shouldn't be too bitter...

Atlanta blew a 28-3 lead

Reaction Score
I'm going to guess that anyone naming George Mason is under 35 and has little idea of what it felt like to think we might never actually get to the Final Four.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom