Morgan Cheli

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
E8CDFBBC-A4AC-4C8B-A422-FD236B25E0C5.jpeg

Reaction Score
Morgan will become my favorite player when she comes to Uconn next year and she has earned the recognition for these awards. I would love to see her win a spot on both awards. GO MORGAN!!! GO FUTURE HUSKY!!!!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Well, this would fit Geno's narrative that he had two top-five players coming in next year. Some posters wondered whether "top five" meant top five in his mind, irrespective of the recruiting sites' rankings. Not saying it does fit the narrative, only that it might. I hold out hope that he really had Sarah in mind.

Reaction Score
How Morgan is not a top 5, never mind a top 10, player in the rankings continues to mystify me. Hoopgurlz has done a few updates on the rankings over the past 6 months (I think) and she's still at #18.
I don't know why HS rankings would mystify you. ;) These are the same "talent evaluators" that in 2021 had Kiki Iriafen of Stanford at #19. Four slots BELOW DeBerry! :confused: My advice would be to trust your own eyes, not theirs.

Reaction Score
Excited about this guard, next year is going to be amazing. If we somehow get Sarah Strong 2025 is going to be a blockbuster.
I was wondering this. What position does she play. I thought I saw her listed at 6'2 but I do see in some of her highlights, her bringing up the ball. besides Caroline I'm not sure uconn has had a combo guard/forward that has that height in quite a bit of time.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I have watched a number of games and highlight videos featuring Morgan. She is the real deal and will wow the fans of our Huskies. That said I am concerned over her injury situation. I have read that she is only ranked #18 because she had been injured a good part of her Jr. year, now we see she has been out for the end of her senior year and the start of the state playoffs. For her sake I hope that when she puts this current injury behind her that the future is injury free. As we all know the Huskies have had more than their fair share of short benches and walking wounded. I hope and pray that Morgan and the rest of next seasons lady Huskies have an amazing and healthy year.

Reaction Score
I have watched a number of games and highlight videos featuring Morgan. She is the real deal and will wow the fans of our Huskies. That said I am concerned over her injury situation. I have read that she is only ranked #18 because she had been injured a good part of her Jr. year, now we see she has been out for the end of her senior year and the start of the state playoffs. For her sake I hope that when she puts this current injury behind her that the future is injury free. As we all know the Huskies have had more than their fair share of short benches and walking wounded. I hope and pray that Morgan and the rest of next seasons lady Huskies have an amazing and healthy year.
Let's hope she leaves her injury bug in California.........I''m very curious to see UConn players play for four straight seasons without interruption.............who knows they might even win a National Championship...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Two reasons I'm not too concerned. 1) Last year's injury was a somewhat unusual one, a sprained foot which has to be handled carefully. The right thing was done by letting it heal completely and she came back strong and and almost pushed her team to a state title. 2) This current injury seems to be one that she could play with if necessary but she hasn't been needed. Mitty has been winning these games by 40-55 points. Coach Phillips obviously doing the right thing again.

Reaction Score
I've come to the point where I wait until the end of their freshmen year to do any type of evaluation.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Well, this would fit Geno's narrative that he had two top-five players coming in next year. Some posters wondered whether "top five" meant top five in his mind, irrespective of the recruiting sites' rankings. Not saying it does fit the narrative, only that it might. I hold out hope that he really had Sarah in mind.

Cheli didn't commit until weeks after Geno first made that comment. Still no explanation as to what he was referring to.

Reaction Score
Her shooting touch reminds me of Lou but Katie Lou was never really a point guard, Cheli has point guard skills and playmaking ability coming straight out of the gate.
I don't think she is like any previous player. I think she is a product of where the game is going. I think she'll play a role similar to Paige's role this year but she is bigger and can more easily post up along with facilitating as a guard. She is part of the new 6' to 6'2" G/F all around players.

Reaction Score
Morgan has better foot speed and quickness than Katie Lou or Anna Makurat or Caroline. She's not quite the perimeter shooter Katie Lou was, but she's a good passer and excellent decision maker at the point. I could see her playing the point from time to time over the next few years. But what I really expect is to see the return of the sort of passing game we saw in the Gabby-Katie Lou-Pheesa years. Those teams anyone could initiate the break or finish it. With Morgan-KK-Paige-Azzi-Jana on the floor, we could see something similar.

Reaction Score
Can't wait to watch her play. Her best attriubute appears to be her versatitliy and she seems strong. IMO her best position will be PF. Imagine some you can feed the ball from the high post with an ability to not only shoot and not only haing the luxury of having another player with guard-like skils to enhance ball movement, but she will b able to dribble past bigger players thereby creating opprtutnites for teammates. Ball movement with her at the PF should be outstading.

And as a PF will enhoance the press. - She looks like she can guard 1-5 with exception of an extremely quick guard or a very big center. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom