MNT’s 2022 | Page 29 | The Boneyard

MNT’s 2022

Reaction Score
Whatever happens going forward, we will at least have accomplished the goal of establishing a strong baseline of performance and experience heading into 2026 for this young core.
And it will be on North American soil. I will enjoy the rest of this World Cup but looking forward to 2026 as well with a more experienced side.

Reaction Score
Gold cup and nations league haha

Plus we've made it from the group last 4/5 cups. It's an accomplishment but nothing we're not used to

Subbed on Shaq who isn't ready and Haji who was lazy. And remember Ggg calls his subs "solutions"

I'd rather have Roldan chase balls and apply pressure at striker in the last 10 min than Haji jogging around.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Sargent is one of our best guys right now. He played well the last game. He's good.

He good at everything except finishing, always has been.

Reaction Score

Plus we've made it from the group last 4/5 cups. It's an accomplishment but nothing we're not used to

Subbed on Shaq who isn't ready and Haji who was lazy. And remember Ggg calls his subs "solutions"

I'd rather have Roldan chase balls and apply pressure at striker in the last 10 min than Haji jogging around.
To be fair I don't think Wright showed that poorly against England, so he may have expected a better showing vs Iran. But I agree, Wright sucked and probably shouldn't see the field again.

Ditto for Moore, give Scally a shot or just go back to Yedlin if needed.

Reaction Score
To be fair I don't think Wright showed that poorly against England, so he may have expected a better showing vs Iran. But I agree, Wright sucked and probably shouldn't see the field again.

Ditto for Moore, give Scally a shot or just go back to Yedlin if needed.

He started against England because he is good at pressuring defenders. If you look at our defensive shape we were in a 4-4-2 for defense and 4-3-3 for attacking. Haji and Weah were the two on top pressuring the keepers and center backs.

Reaction Score
lifting trophies is important. wins over Mexico are important. as someone in the stands, it's always appreciated anytime we can beat our concacaf rivals, even if the haters scoff at the level of competition.

Reaction Score
lifting trophies is important. wins over Mexico are important. as someone in the stands, it's always appreciated anytime we can beat our concacaf rivals, even if the haters scoff at the level of competition.

Well, Mexico and CONCACAF are at like a historical low right now so let’s measure this praise on Greggggg.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
As I really have not watched high level soccer from a strategic perspective yet I'm now coaching youth soccer, I have to ask about the outside backs. They seem to generally be full-field players with diverse skill sets. When the outside back makes a run, does the midfielder generally slide back to cover or does the formation shift to at 3-back setup?

Reaction Score
GB doesn't deserve much credit. He was handed the best group of young players in American soccer history. At times, it seems he has tried to screw it up.

We could have named most of this starting squad 18 months or two years ago. GB should have spend that time playing these guys together to develop chemistry instead of tinkering around and try to set a record for caps.

And instead of developing a competent number nine, he wasted hours on Zardes for reasons even God couldn't figure out.

So sorry Alexi. No Sale.

Reaction Score
We need this group to go play in Copa America in 2 yrs
Yeah agreed. Sounds like there’s chance that happens. We’ll definitely need competitive matches to replace qualifying

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well, Mexico and CONCACAF are at like a historical low right now so let’s measure this praise on Greggggg.
Two more matches today. I'd like to see Canada win, even if they are out. Costa Rica is facing a Germany team that has been out of sorts, but needs to win, and win by as much as possible. So, unlikely for them.

Mexico and Costa Rica need an infusion of younger talent. Are any other CONCACAF teams trending up? Panama?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
As I really have not watched high level soccer from a strategic perspective yet I'm now coaching youth soccer, I have to ask about the outside backs. They seem to generally be full-field players with diverse skill sets. When the outside back makes a run, does the midfielder generally slide back to cover or does the formation shift to at 3-back setup?
Depends on the team/coach. Some teams will have 1 FB get forward while the other stays back to make a back 3. Other teams will let their 6/CDM drop into the back line to make a back 3 (Barcelona/Busquets does this) while both FB's get forward.

Some teams will push the FB forward with the left sided MF who kind of stays back.

I think USA will allow both Dest and Robinson get forward. Robinson in particular has great recovery runs. (Dest could, he's just sometimes a bit lazier or unaware on defense.) Also USA had Adams in the 6, who can cover both flanks all day long.

And then some teams (Man City/Arsenal) invert their FBs. They drop into MF with the 6 while the Wings are wide forward, forward with the CF at the tip/top. Basically become a 2-3-5.

CB-CB
FB-6-FB
W-MF-CF-MF-W

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I don't think pulisic goes on Saturday
I don't think he starts, but if we are down or level in the 2nd half, I can see him coming in around 60-70 minute mark. Hopefully Reyna finally gets a start.

Reaction Score
RELEASE THE GIO

Turner
Dest CCV Ream Jedi
Musah Adams Wes
Aaronson Weah Gio

.. if it was up to me ..

Reaction Score
^ agree with that. Need our fb's to go 90.
Midfield who comes off the bench? Weston is good for 45-60. Musah was gassed by 70 min.

De la Torre? Roldan for 10 min if we're winning? Midfield depth is a major issue

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
^ agree with that. Need our fb's to go 90.
Midfield who comes off the bench? Weston is good for 45-60. Musah was gassed by 70 min.

De la Torre? Roldan for 10 min if we're winning? Midfield depth is a major issue
Reyna should be the CAM for McKennie if he isn't starting. He's better in the middle than on the wing.
Weah won't start at striker, so he's another midfield wing sub. Curious to see who does start at striker.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Gregg clearly doesn't rely on his striker to score goals. More holdup play - can we make a call to Jozy??

Maybe he gives Haji another run with a short leash with Jesus ready to go. Those options suck, but we may need the reinforcements for the guys who do the running in the middle of the park

Reaction Score
Gregg clearly doesn't rely on his striker to score goals. More holdup play - can we make a call to Jozy??

Maybe he gives Haji another run with a short leash with Jesus ready to go. Those options suck, but we may need the reinforcements for the guys who do the running in the middle of the park

Start Musah at Striker. Start Aaronson on the right.

And then Greggg can continue to rest Gio until 2026.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Start Musah at Striker. Start Aaronson on the right.

And then Greggg can continue to rest Gio until 2026.
If Christian plays, sure. I think that's the lineup we all wanted. But honestly, I want Gio to be the sub for McKennie. He's as good on the ball in traffic as anybody we have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom