MNT’s 2022 | Page 30 | The Boneyard

MNT’s 2022

Reaction Score
Pratt St / Vaughans block party again tomorrow morning! doors opening at 8 - ill be there around then. weather is not looking great, but the big screen will be set up on Pratt rain or shine. weve had an awesome turnout for the group stage and are expecting it grow. hope to see you guys down there - lmk if anyone has any questions about the events, happy to help

Reaction Score
Pratt St / Vaughans block party again tomorrow morning! doors opening at 8 - ill be there around then. weather is not looking great, but the big screen will be set up on Pratt rain or shine. weve had an awesome turnout for the group stage and are expecting it grow. hope to see you guys down there - lmk if anyone has any questions about the events, happy to help
Enjoy. I went to the American Outlaw bars in 2014 to watch a few matches. I also sat with them at the Rent for I believe Landon Donovan's last game with the USMNT. Such a fun and patriotic bunch. Landon even came into the stands after the match. Good times.

Reaction Score
So we’ve seen what Greg B wants to do, and its strengths and weaknesses. We have played consistently very well in first halves. But he’s asking the starters to run more than they can for 90 minutes — much less 120 now that we’re in the knockout round — and we fade in the second half. Despite all the criticism, and as to Reyna I’m in that group, the system has worked well enough that we gotten results.

But this is a winnable game today, and I think he has to do one of two things. The Dutch play fairly conservatively also and aren’t pushing tempo at all times. Option 1 is don’t push as hard in the first half, save the legs of Weston and Dest and the forwards, and see if we don’t run out of energy early in the second half. The second option is keep doing what we’re doing, try to get up in the first half, and recognize you’re going to use your five subs and will need to get more out of them than we have so far. Gio and Scully being two of them to add some quality and not just guys running around off the bench would be nice.

Reaction Score
For God sakes why?
Anticipating having to sub in CCV later for a late goal?

Honestly, I'd rather play the other way: play aggressively for an early goal, then bring in the defensive subs late to hold on and win in 90.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For God sakes why?
Because the Dutch are tall and score via headers. It’s not complicated. He’s our best guy defending that, even if we wish he was better on the ball.

I like the Ferreira call. Basically play him like an attacking mid. It’s a more flexible possession based lineup. We haven’t shown any ability to score off set pieces anyway.

Reaction Score
Because the Dutch are tall and score via headers. It’s not complicated. He’s our best guy defending that, even if we wish he was better on the ball.

I like the Ferreira call. Basically play him like an attacking mid. It’s a more flexible possession based lineup. We haven’t shown any ability to score off set pieces anyway.
Agree with both points. CCV can go back in against Argentina. WZ makes more sense today. And if we’re not playing Weah at striker, which we’re not, absolutely want Jesus instead of Wright.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why are we playing it back for possession from the attacking 1/3 of the field?
We always do. Drives me crazy. Sometimes our back passes get picked off too.

Reaction Score
Simply the worst attack strategy I've ever seen in a soccer game. Seriously do we even have one? Its like they dont know what to do in the box at all always passing it to no one.... or its a 1 or 2 usa v 6 dutch. There simply is no attack strategy ... none crosses to no one ... as if the entire strategy is to hold the mid field.

Reaction Score
My God, they are perfectly happy letting our centerbacks dribble it up the field and try to complete a threatening pass, and they just can't.

Reaction Score
Talk about uninspired play.. not even halfway through and players hunched over their knees not even showing effort

Reaction Score
^ welcome to berhalter ball

How many turnovers for Ferrera so far??

And can someone shoot?

Reaction Score
Anyone willing to play a dangerous ball instead of getting cute with it around the box?

Reaction Score
Can someone on here explain to me how the dutch always have an open unmarked trailer but the US never does? Both on offense and defense

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
We had a slim chance when it was 1-0. No way I see us getting 2. The Dutch are going to clog up that middle even more than they have before. It's going to be a slogfest and the Dutch will gladly take it.

Reaction Score
Bye Bye Berhalter.

Ferreira and Zimmerman are the worst players on the field.

LVG letting us have the ball because we clearly can’t do anything with it. We’re spinning our wheels.

Final score will be 3-0 or 4-0.

Reaction Score
That's the difference between a team that's set up to and knows how the play the second to last ball and one that doesn't.

We don’t have a central player good enough to get in a dangerous place. Ferreira sucks. He hasn’t played since October and hasn’t scored since sep 11.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom