Mike DiMauro, Jeff Jacobs, & Joe Zone want to meet u guys | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mike DiMauro, Jeff Jacobs, & Joe Zone want to meet u guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think it's lame that a BC guy would chime in on this thread that has nothing to do with BC.
Really?....scroll up and you will see I was commenting on a previous comment made by PALATINE ON THIS THREAD. Thanks for your input.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Really?....scroll up and you will see I was commenting on a previous comment made by PALATINE ON THIS THREAD. Thanks for your input.

So you consider it your calling to read our message board on the off chance that Boston College is mentioned?

Is that a paid position or are you just looking for any sort of social interaction?

Reaction Score
Geez, do you people talk just to hear yourself?

This is a thread about UConn fans and the Connecticut media. As Fishy said previously, your participation isn't needed.
This is a U Conn board?.......lol.......Im well aware, Im also respectful of others here and remain within the proper guidelines of membership. That is your opinion. My participation is as valid an as anyone else who comes here, including those from N.C., Virginia, Rutgers etc. Im not anti U Conn and you will not find a single paragraph that says I am. Im pro New England and pro North East. I love college sports and this is a great forum. If that upsets you or Fishy or anyone else, then that is your baggage. Good luck to U Conn, U mass, Harvard. Providence, and Vermont in the tourney. GO NEW ENGLAND.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I take issue with anyone who considers Rutgers' fans participation as valid, but will concede the rest of your post.

Reaction Score
So you consider it your calling to read our message board on the off chance that Boston College is mentioned?

Is that a paid position or are you just looking for any sort of social interaction?
I enjoy all aspects of college sports and this forum has a lot of very interesting views on a variety of topics. Social interaction with mutual respect is best, but not always realistic I guess.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I enjoy all aspects of college sports and this forum has a lot of very interesting views on a variety of topics. Social interaction with mutual respect is best, but not always realistic I guess.

Fair enough - we're good.

I will occasionally let snark overrun reason.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Fair enough - we're good.

I will occasionally let snark overrun reason.
The guy is dragging up rationalizations from 10 years ago. Makes me cranky because I'm not sure if he's trying to convince us or himself.

b1d.png

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The guy is dragging up rationalizations from 10 years ago. Makes me cranky because I'm not sure if he's trying to convince us or himself.

Just let me know whether I should antagonize him or not - I have a lot going on these days.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just let me know whether I should antagonize him or not - I have a lot going on these days.
No big deal either way. You gotta be yourself - the Fishy we know and love.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well if it is a poll, put me down for a yes. It is always entertaining.

Reaction Score
bcingya M. Tranghese came right out and said that the BC AD had lied to him after proclaiming that they were all in on the BE and he (Tranghese) would never forgive BC for that. If I didn't spell Tranghese's name correctly, sorry too lazy to look it up.

Reaction Score
I vote for Spackler to teach them some run-zone blocking and represent the football board! Have Medic posts links to them as they come in.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I was the one who made the "FWIW my buddy interned for Joe Zone..." comment.

I am sorry Jeff Jacobs took offense to it and perhaps I should have used more discretion and not posted it since no one probably even cares what my buddy's opinion is. Maybe I should have followed the rule "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

That being said, I did not personally call Joe Zone a . I related that that is the opinion of him provided to me by my friend who worked for him. I also did not think my friend's opinion was of all that much importance, hence I wrote "FWIW"- to imply that it isn't worth much.

Jeff Jacobs disagrees with my friend's opinion of Zone. Fine. We all are entitled to our opinions. I'm just not sure why Jacobs decided he needed to read my post considering I myself didn't even provide my opinion of Zone- which, for the record, I don't have one since I don't watch whatever local channel he is on and I certainly don't watch CPTV for his irrelevant opinion on local sports.

To conclude, I could not personally care less about Joe Zone, Mike DeMauro or Jeff Jacobs. I don't know them. I don't read them. I don't watch them, and I have no desire to speak to them about this matter as I have no personal opinion of any of them. I simply happened to state my friend's personal opinion of Joe Zone that he garnered after having worked for him. My friend isn't even a boneyard member so it isn't even the opinion of anyone necessarily on the boneyard. No one on the boneyard called him a .

I regret posting the message to begin with, but I also refuse to take responsibility for the opinion in the message- it was not my own.

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Very lame. You posted it, not your friend. You own it.

Reread my post. I owned up to posting it and said I probably shouldn't have.

And I maintain it isn't my opinion regardless of your desire to make me own it.

Let me ask you, if TMZ, say, were to post a quote from someone calling someone else a , is it now TMZ that should apologize for reporting that opinion? No. Their apology should be for printing the quote, not the quote itself. I apologized if my post offended someone. I will not apologize that someone else thinks Joe Zone is a .

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reread my post. I owned up to posting it and said I probably shouldn't have.

And I maintain it isn't my opinion regardless of your desire to make me own it.

Let me ask you, if TMZ, say, were to post a quote from someone calling someone else a , is it now TMZ that should apologize for reporting that opinion? No. Their apology should be for printing the quote, not the quote itself. I apologized if my post offended someone. I will not apologize that someone else thinks Joe Zone is a .

Namecalling is always a dicey proposition when it gets into the public discourse, even if you're quoting someone else's opinion. Maybe the lesson is that if it distracts from an objective asessment of the guy's work, or his provable statements then just let it lie. The easiest way to let a guy off the hook for being biased, uninformed, thin-skinned etc. , is going beyond that to use a perjorative which paints him as the victim of anonymous smears. Now if the guy makes a statement that proves it, an honest characterization opens the door pretty wide.

It's an interesting subject sure to come up more and more with no clear ground rules about criticizing one guy, or smearing an entire board based on one or two comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom