Mike DiMauro, Jeff Jacobs, & Joe Zone want to meet u guys | The Boneyard

Mike DiMauro, Jeff Jacobs, & Joe Zone want to meet u guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm on my iPad and don't think I can make a direct link, sorry.

DoggyDaddy and diggerfoot, who post most frequently on the women's board, went on CPTV's Beyond the Beat show to respond to DiMauro's on air comment that the Boneyard had the "dumbest" fans. Theface to face meeting is in a video tacked to the top of the women's board. Anyway, it seems their biggest beef is with you guys (Jimmy Serrano got called out by name). They'd be interested in having the Boneyard on again and mentioned bringing someone from the football board. It could probably be arranged.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/beyond-the-beat-by-version-direct-link-included.54617/

Try this link to the thread with the video.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Ok I have to watch if Jimmy got called out!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Skip to the 9 minute mark if you are not interested in WBB (I am not but different strokes for different folks).

It's tough to listen to DiMauro stutter. Jacobs comes across as someone who prepared and had some intelligent things to say. I'm still frustrated with Joe Zone's Marchi/Diaco comment and also the comment about PP deserving credit for Newsome's commitment.

I think that it's ridiculous that the UCONN beat writers have hurt feelings over things that are said on a message board. We are all fans here. We are not paid to express our opinions on this board. We are all fans of UCONN and, for the most part, are an ornery bunch because we see local rivals being tapped into bigger/better conferences while UCONN is left behind battling the likes of Memphis, Tulsa and Tulane. Football fans are especially ornery because, again for the most part, we all KNEW that hiring Pasqualoni/DeLeone was a mistake from Day 1 and seeing the program derailed like it was over the years was incredibly frustrating. Naturally, any position taken that defends PP/GDL is not going to go over well because football fans realize that football is the bus driver in CR and there is a fair share of resentment left from the previous regime. Whether you want to blame Hathaway for hiring him or PP himself, UCONN sits in the AAC while the listless Fruit, BCU, and Rutgers are all in P5 conferences because, in large part, UCONN football has struggled for the past 3 years under PP.

I think it's great that some writers come on here to get ideas for stories or to tap into the pulse of UCONN fans. I have no problem with that. And I do think that some of the comments directed towards them from us Yarders are over the line. But this is a message board filled with peoples' opinions. Not everyone agrees with my opinions that I post and I surely don't agree with all of the opinions that I come across from others on here. But that's what makes this site great and why UCONN fans migrate here more and more. I used to post on the ESPiN Big East football boards and HATED the lack of coverage for UCONN and respect shown to the program that, at the time, won the friggin' conference. That board, at the time, was written for WVU fans and 90% of the articles were WVU-centric. I don't care about WVU. I don't care about anyone other than UCONN until it's time to play them.

As for the anonymity of the board, I think it's needed in the world we live in today. In an age of identity theft, cyberstalking/cyber bullying, workplace background checks and other internet crimes, I think protecting all board posters identities and giving the right to privacy is an essential element of what makes this board so successful. Personally speaking, I rarely post anything on a message board that uses my real name. That doesn't mean that I go out and say outlandish things that cross the line. It just means that I do not want someone to get a snapshot of my life from a simple internet search of my name and steal my identity. Am I paranoid? Probably a little. But I've had my identity stolen once already and the guy who stole it used it to charge up thousands of dollars in airfare to exotic locations. It took several VERY stressful months to clear my name and absolve my responsibility in paying for these charges. So I'm sorry that I don't want to post my real name here nor do I want anyone else to have to do it either. If I ever meet any of the UCONN beat writers in person (or any of you in person), I'll happily share my name in face to face context to introduce you all to the "real Dooley". But until the day that I can be 1000% guaranteed that cyber crimes and identity theft is no longer an issue, there is not a shot in hell that I will ever post my name here (or any other public forum site). Sorry.

Reaction Score
I really enjoy reading Jeff Jacobs. He was one of the few people in the media willing to point out PGDL's lack of performance and not offer excuses.

I even enjoy Dimauro. He also writes intelligent and provocative pieces.
He definitely needs to work on his TV presence. Connecticut needs a few more high profile journalists that are nationally known.

My problem with DiMauro is that he thinks UConn football is somehow fatally doomed and nobody can save it.

Reaction Score
Whether you want to blame Hathaway for hiring him or PP himself, UCONN sits in the AAC while the listless Fruit, BCU, and Rutgers are all in P5 conferences because, in large part, UCONN football has struggled for the past 3 years under PP.

Just a quick question, what does BC's being in the ACC have anything to do with Uconn FB's struggles the past 3 seasons under PP; when BC has been in the ACC for 9, going on 10 seasons?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

DoggyDaddy and diggerfoot, who post most frequently on the women's board, went on CPTV's Beyond the Beat show to respond to DiMauro's on air comment that the Boneyard had the "dumbest" fans. Theface to face meeting is in a video tacked to the top of the women's board. Anyway, it seems their biggest beef is with you guys (Jimmy Serrano got called out by name). They'd be interested in having the Boneyard on again and mentioned bringing someone from the football board. It could probably be arranged.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/beyond-the-beat-by-version-direct-link-included.54617/

what a bunch of losers.

They are upset because we pointed out how stupid they look on camera?

Poor babies.

Why don't they try losing some weight and going to a tailor. And actually projecting some confidence?

Reaction Score
Would love to get into it with Jacobs over his self righteousness and sense of entitlement of being informed of everything that went on with the FB team when Randy was here rather than doing some investigative work himself. Would love to remind how wrong he was about Beergate and would love to ask him why he always feels compelled to mention how much coaches get paid. Not sure how much he played the no talent card like our other Courant buddy but in his defense, he was the first calling for PP's job although a little late IMO.

Dimauro is just a BC homer, not worth my time. And how the hell does New London still have a newspaper?

Not sure what a Joezone is but the few times I've watched him I've wondered "who the hell does he have dirt on at Channel 3?" He is unwatchable and the few videos I've seen in the last month proves that he has no clue about football at all

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Just a quick question, what does BC's being in the ACC have anything to do with Uconn FB's struggles the past 3 seasons under PP; when BC has been in the ACC for 9, going on 10 seasons?

Nothing. Please re-read my post. UCONN's FB's struggles in the past 3 seasons has everything to do with Hathaway's hiring flaws or PP's coaching. I simply called BCU listless, which they have been for 9 going on 10 seasons.

Reaction Score
Trolling happens EVERYWHERE. Ridiculous to complain about it.

There's a few people here who can go there and represent well. I ain't one of them.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Hi Nan. Let me see if understand this and by all means, tell me I'm wrong if I am so...They have the beef with the football commentators, so they invite the women's basketball contributors on the show? Sorta roundabout way of getting to the ultimate target. isn't it?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hi Nan. Let me see if understand this and by all means, tell me I'm wrong if I am so...They have the beef with the football commentators, so they invite the women's basketball contributors on the show? Sorta roundabout way of getting to the ultimate target. isn't it?

The beef started when women's board went off on DiMauro leading him to call the Yard "the dumbest people in the world". The football stuff was basically Joe Zone saying that the Boneyard was mean to him too. Kinda reminded me of the uncool girl in Heathers.

Husky25

Reaction Score
The beef started when women's board went off on DiMauro leading him to call the Yard "the dumbest people in the world". The football stuff was basically Joe Zone saying that the Boneyard was mean to him too. Kinda reminded me of the uncool girl in Heathers.
"Hey wait a minute. What about me?" sorta thing then no?

Husky25

Reaction Score
I just got done watching the show (albeit only parts where the Boneyard representatives were present...By the way, you guys did a tremendous job) and I actually wish it went on longer.

I have a few questions and comment s now, if you'll indulge me...

1. Where the topics to be discussed on air known beforehand? I would have been weary of being sandbagged.

2. The purpose of anonymity, I think, is to promote the free flow of ideas. To me that's the whole point. If one gets side tracked and cant take the "constructive criticism" with a grain of salt, then maybe it's not the right place for that person. I've only been posting here for a year and a half, but I've been lurking for quite some time before that. The Boneyard is full of passionate UConn fans as far as I can tell and sometimes tempers flare. It happens. I don't know about anyone else, but I hardly ever take what is written here personally, even if I am called a (not sure it's happened, but it's possible.). I try to be logical, pragmatic, and police myself as best I can, but I've been know to harp on a subject until long after it's been killed dead. It is what it is.

3. What happens on the Boneyard has been happening since Gutenberg developed his press. The masses have been criticizing journalists for centuries. It's just now, it gets back to them easier. I'm sure the press in 1910s Boston took a beating from the Royal Rooters. But so what? 'Nuf Ced McGreevy's point of view was just as valid as the press of the day, he just didn't have a medium that was as widespread. Journalist have the power to put their points of view out there. It's the business they chose. Only now there are less barriers between John Q. Public and the Knights of Keyboard and its causing resentment (See: Bissinger, H.G. vs. Leitch, William).

4. As a fellow stutterer, I sympathized with Mr. DiMauro as he spoke.

Reaction Score
Husky25 said:
I just got done watching the show (albeit only parts where the Boneyard representatives were present...By the way, you guys did a tremendous job) and I actually wish it went on longer.

I have a few questions and comment s now, if you'll indulge me...

1. Where the topics to be discussed on air known beforehand? I would have been weary of being sandbagged.

2. The purpose of anonymity, I think, is to promote the free flow of ideas. To me that's the whole point. If one gets side tracked and cant take the "constructive criticism" with a grain of salt, then maybe it's not the right place for that person. I've only been posting here for a year and a half, but I've been lurking for quite some time before that. The Boneyard is full of passionate UConn fans as far as I can tell and sometimes tempers flare. It happens. I don't know about anyone else, but I hardly ever take what is written here personally, even if I am called a (not sure it's happened, but it's possible.). I try to be logical, pragmatic, and police myself as best I can, but I've been know to harp on a subject until long after it's been killed dead. It is what it is.

3. What happens on the Boneyard has been happening since Gutenberg developed his press. The masses have been criticizing journalists for centuries. It's just now, it gets back to them easier. I'm sure the press in 1910s Boston took a beating from the Royal Rooters. But so what? 'Nuf Ced McGreevy's point of view was just as valid as the press of the day, he just didn't have a medium that was as widespread. Journalist have the power to put their points of view out there. It's the business they chose. Only now there are less barriers between John Q. Public and the Knights of Keyboard and its causing resentment (See: Bissinger, H.G. vs. Leitch, William).

4. As a fellow stutterer, I sympathized with Mr. DiMauro as he spoke.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
They called out the women's board knowing that the odds would be good they would be facing off against senior citizens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom