Miami radio saying UConn to B1G | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Miami radio saying UConn to B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This makes perfect sense. The station was Radio Free Cuba and it was part of a master plan to so thoroughly confuse Fidel he wouldn't notice the boat loads of people escaping the island.

Reaction Score
I think there is a better chance of TDH, Bizlaw, Nelson and myself breaking bread before going to see a chick flick than this scenario taking place.

If we're going to a chick flick together, we're certainly not doing it without eating first.

Reaction Score
Do u owe Tommy Tutone royalties for using that? Haha, always good. This is madness, please for once end well for us!

hey espn...if "u" decide that uconn should go to the ACC or Big10, give me a call
my # is 8675309

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I called the station call in line and it just rang and rang for 3-4 minutes. Their twitter account is not very active.

You gave up that quickly? We need ANSWERS!!!!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Nelson, if you listen to even 30 seconds of it, you will endure a pain that has no rival. I was listening to some stuttering hillbilly clamor on about how he predicted Oregon was going to lose and that he's never been a fan of them domers like Montana or Golic. Any man will crack after a few minutes...

Reaction Score

I actually called again and after 6 minutes or so it finally said the number was not accepting calls at this time. The Yahoo overnight had just begun.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Oops. My apologies, Nelson. I thought you meant listening to the station, not calling the number.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
We are collectively acting like teenage girls.

Speak for yourself! I've been acting like a 7-year old all night...:confused:

(How come kids from Yale don't worry about this ???....oh yeah, they already have money....)

Reaction Score
Speak for yourself! I've been acting like a 7-year old all night...:confused:

(How come kids from Yale don't worry about this ???....oh yeah, they already have money....)
And national championships. Heck, they have a huge hand in inventing the game.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
And national championships. Heck, they have a huge hand in inventing the game.

Butchy, talking about Yale's national championships is like talking about the Soviet Union dominating hockey. You've gotta let it go, my friend! Oddly enough, though, I found myself watching a little bit of "The Game" today, where Harvard grabbed yet another game from Yale. I don't know why I care, other than the fact that I feel that Yale represents CT and I get slightly irritated when they lose to Harvard. I can promise you that nobody else cares...often times, not even the Eli's....

Reaction Score
Butchy, talking about Yale's national championships is like talking about the Soviet Union dominating hockey. You've gotta let it go, my friend! Oddly enough, though, I found myself watching a little bit of "The Game" today, where Harvard grabbed yet another game from Yale. I don't know why I care, other than the fact that I feel that Yale represents CT and I get slightly irritated when they lose to Harvard. I can promise you that nobody else cares...often times, not even the Eli's....
No one cares? Apparently, you do. Yale is still going. The USSR is not. Yale (and their fans) is (or are) content with their role in gridiron football. Unlike our fans.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
No one cares? Apparently, you do. Yale is still going. The USSR is not. Yale (and their fans) is (or are) content with their role in gridiron football. Unlike our fans.

Butchy, that's why I said, "nobody else cares". I know a couple of Yale graduates (literally two), and neither one is even remotely aware of their football program or the program's history.

Yale is "still going" because unlike us state-schoolers, they have a 19 billion dollar endowment. I'm not exaggerating. 19 billion. They could run the entire state of CT for 1 full year (or 11 months, nowadays). UConn's endowment would have trouble running it for a week. You see what I'm getting at here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom