Miami radio saying UConn to B1G | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Miami radio saying UConn to B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
i dont know whats more stupid. somehow getting to yale in this thread or md fans saying no to a b10 invite

Don't know, but I hope this thread isn't derailed further. I am spending the night pretending to be interested in San Jose State and need this thread to go back to its roots: UConn to the Big 10+2+4

Reaction Score
I'm seeing it. The question is; What percentage of their fanbase (or perhaps more importantly, their board) do you think share the sentiment. I've heard that Len Elmore does, but who cares about Len Elmore...

But they write nice letters to the President, Board of Regents and AD too...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
But they write nice letters to the President, Board of Regents and AD too...

The best comment by one of their posters was:

"This is not the old ACC we're leaving. The latest expansion means we lose our 2 designated rivals, UVA and Duke, and replace them with PITT. The new ACC will be more like the old BigEast, a collection of head-band wearing, knuckle dragging mouth breathers."

Maryland feeling extremely classy now...

Reaction Score

"This is not the old ACC we're leaving. The latest expansion means we lose our 2 designated rivals, UVA and Duke, and replace them with PITT. The new ACC will be more like the old BigEast, a collection of head-band wearing, knuckle dragging mouth breathers."

Let's not forget this one:

"A Terp without a rivalry, a purpose, a tradition, is no Terp at all. We helped build the ACC to the basketball power house it is today and to leave it would be to leave home. To leave ourselves. To leave the heart that fills the arena every time Duke steps in. To leave what we love. President Loh, we believe in Turgeon, we believe in Edsall, we believe in the upswing of the economy. Please don't make a decision based on money that would throw away the homes of thousands of loyal alumni. President Loh, it means too much to us to ignore. We are Terps. We don't leave when times get rough."

Turtles Revolt!

Turtle.gif

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
hey espn...if "u" decide that uconn should go to the ACC or Big10, give me a call
my # is 8675309
Jenny is that you?

Reaction Score
I think there is a better chance of TDH, Bizlaw, Nelson and myself breaking bread before going to see a chick flick than this scenario taking place.
I hope the whole board is hearing all about this infamous double date to The Olive Garden and Magic Mike real soon!

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Oh holy hell, not this crap again. :-(

I just want our boys to beat UofL next week - that's all my brain can handle right now...

Reaction Score
I can't see B1G going to 16 without ND. That has to be their endgame. That likely means taking two teams from the ACC. One plausible scenario would be Maryland rejecting the invite and the B1G then moving on to invite UConn.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would sit at the next table and throw dinner rolls at Nelson's head.

Butter them first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Strangely enough, this is how NC schools fans have always described the Maryland fanbase.

Reaction Score
Folks, the Miami station has a source in Shalala's office. This is not a mere rumor.

There is immense pressure on the ACC to invite UConn right now before the Big10 picks it off. ;)

Reaction Score
Folks, the Miami station has a source in Shalala's office. This is not a mere rumor.

There is immense pressure on the ACC to invite UConn right now before the Big10 picks it off. ;)

Where this rumor was cited from? When was that acknowledged? But why not UNC, do they believe UNC wouldn't make the move to the B1G or even Clemson, which could fit the mold?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

Is that a wink of silent understanding, or a wink of sarcasm?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
All I know is that the ACC should be scared stiff of losing UConn. They need to pounce right away.
If that's the case Susan needs to string this out for a while. We can only hope it winds up with her playing the part of the Bachelorette with a rose to hand out, rather than being the one waiting to get the rose (invite).

I can't believe I just posted a Bachelorette analogy.:oops:

Reaction Score
The pressure is building with every second. People in Shalala's office are frantic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom