[Merged Threads] How to Watch the Cal game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

[Merged Threads] How to Watch the Cal game

Reaction Score
I don't understand why UConn would schedule a game that is not televised here on say SNY? Can some explain why UConn allowed this to happen?

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I don't understand why UConn would schedule a game that is not televised here on say SNY? Can some explain why UConn allowed this to happen?
I agree. A few years ago Geno was complaining about the decrease in home attendance.
He said he would do some things to make it easrier for the fans to come to games(parking, etc.) I don't know if anything was ever done.......He, or someone at UCONN should step up and get the away games on like they used to be. I believe this is the 4th game this season not televised on the usual Uconn channels............I know, I know, about that there are ways to get the games: Furbo, Slang, or WHATEVER!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I agree. A few years ago Geno was complaining about the decrease in home attendance.
He said he would do some things to make it easrier for the fans to come to games(parking, etc.) I don't know if anything was ever done..He, or someone at UCONN should step up and get the away games on like they used to be. I believe this is the 4th game this season not televised on the usual Uconn channels..I know, I know, about that there are ways to get the games: Furbo, Slang, or WHATEVER!

Things change. One of the things that has changed is the whole rights structure. Back in the day, UConn was one of the few schools that had any kind of regular TV coverage of Women's basketball. But TV/media coverage contracts have matured and leagues now usually have primary media rights to all sports. So for away games. the home team/ home team league dictiates who has coverage rights. Those rights are further complicated as they have layers. The league typically contacts a prtimary rights contract as well as secondary or tertiary rights contracts. That is why ESPN has first choice on UConn games (Primary rights holder) and then CBS (and CBS sports) has secondary rights before SNY can choose UConn home games to cover.

All this is way above anything Geno controls.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Things change. One of the things that has changed is the whole rights structure. Back in the day, UConn was one of the few schools that had any kind of regular TV coverage of Women's basketball. But TV/media coverage contracts have matured and leagues now usually have primary media rights to all sports. So for away games. the home team/ home team league dictiates who has coverage rights. Those rights are further complicated as they have layers. The league typically contacts a prtimary rights contract as well as secondary or tertiary rights contracts. That is why ESPN has first choice on UConn games (Primary rights holder) and then CBS (and CBS sports) has secondary rights before SNY can choose UConn home games to cover.

All this is way above anything Geno controls.
Who had the RIGHTS for the 3 games in St. Thomas?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As long as our girls win, I can wait and see the replay later. I’ve got plenty of time to catch up. They’re off 11 days for the Christmas break. If they come back needing to shake off some holiday rust, there may be a problem. The weather in Waco is usually not conducive for that type of activity.

Reaction Score
Sling TV gives you a free week and it has 6 Pac twelve stations. Of course you need either Ruko or fire TV or some other streaming app. I think it might work with a TV that has a wfi connection as well.

Reaction Score
Who had the RIGHTS for the 3 games in St. Thomas?

That would be FloHoops. They had/"bought" the right to broadcast not only the UConn game but the whole tourney. As Biff suggested, times are changing there are more and more live streaming networks (sports/live TV) out there and they all want a piece of the pie. It's not like the old days of watching the UConn game on CPTV. Either adapt or see fewer games in the future.

Reaction Score
If you have an iPad or a cell phone....go to app store , search for pac 12 network app. download it for free and presto....you can watch the game.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Well made it up here in just over 7 hours, including a stop for gas and a stop for In N Out burgers. Most of the traffic was going other way :cool:
A 7 hr road trip would include 4 pee stops for me.

Reaction Score
Tomorrow's Game is on PAC 12 International (YouTube ) Network.

You'll need a VPN and change your server to an Overseas Server and you'll be able to watch the game.
TV-Listings

Wanted to test this before the game. Getting a locked symbol, which disappears if I click on a LIVE link, but then having playback issues. Ideas?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I remember a few years ago one UConn game wasnt being televised. The Governor at the time made it happen at the last minute. Why arent the powers to be in CT making it happen today? We want to watch our UConn Women today on TV. No body is making it happen. Its Christmas weekend please make it happen. Please

Reaction Score
It is on TV, it's called PAC12 Network. It's no different than the SEC Network, ACC Network, Big Ten Network, CBS Sports Network, NBC Sports Network...etc...etc. You really want to be mad at your cable/TV provider for not carrying it. Also, there are threads about where one can find/view this PAC12 Network.

Reaction Score
If you have a Mac there is a free antivirus that comes packaged with a VPN. Through the VPN you can hit a server in Europe and then view it for free. The antivirus software is AVAST

Reaction Score
I looked to try and find a bar in my area that carried the pac 12 network and found none so i will wait and watch replay when it is posted. This is the first game in many years that I have not been able to watch a UConn game live.

Reaction Score
Connecticut is $80B in debt. That may have something to do with it if earlier PBS broadcasts required "donations". It's all about money in some way, you can count on it.

Reaction Score
I went to the pac 12 network live streaming and was able to watch a women's game arizona vs VGA, so apparently some games are streamed and some are not. Will try and see if I can get UConn game . Never hurts to try. Will keep everyone posted.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I have my DVR set up to auto tape all UConn games. It’s showing it as scheduled for taping on the PAC12 network, but on my Xfinity plan in the Bew Haven area the network is by subscription (I don’t have it) so I’m guessing it won’t really tape and I will be out this afternoon. I think I have to subscribe to have it actually tape

Reaction Score
Connecticut is $80B in debt. That may have something to do with it if earlier PBS broadcasts required "donations". It's all about money in some way, you can count on it.
Pretty sure Connecticut isn't $80 billion in debt. Even Illinois is nowhere that much in debt - not even half that. But it does suck that so many games this year aren't on TV. Pac12 isn't even a real network. What kind of network isn't on in the largest media market in the country? Luckily the rest of our games will be on the usual channels, either one of the ESPNs, CBS, or SNY which gets carried by ESPN outside the NY footprint.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Connecticut isn't $80 billion in debt. Even Illinois is nowhere that much in debt - not even half that. But it does suck that so many games this year aren't on TV. Pac12 isn't even a real network. What kind of network isn't on in the largest media market in the country? Luckily the rest of our games will be on the usual channels, either one of the ESPNs, CBS, or SNY which gets carried by ESPN outside the NY footprint.

PAC-12 Network may not be on in certain areas because most cable providers don't want to pay for it due to limited interest...............it is available on DirecTV

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
I've got the Xfinity/Comcast sports package in New Haven, which includes the BTN, SEC. FS1-2, SNY, CBSS, NBCS & Pac12 networks. The only downside is Pac12 seems to be SD only, which does make a difference for me in identifying players. The last time I checked you could get the sports package for a month and then drop it. Personally I like the variety of women's bball games I can view with the package during the season.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I watched the Baylor vs Stanford game and had no problems with the Feed. I had my VPN set to a Japan server. Then I connected to the PAC 12 International YouTube Channel and watched the game without any problems. I plan to do the same today. There are Free VPN's that you can download. Also many of the VPN's that require a monthly/annual fee offer a 7 day free trial.

Wanted to test this before the game. Getting a locked symbol, which disappears if I click on a LIVE link, but then having playback issues. Ideas?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
1545495717179.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member