MD game thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

MD game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well Brenda, you have a healthy team - You got some 'splaining to do !

not really, Frese just signed a long contract extension thru 2021 or so. The Maryland mantra is 25 wins, sweet 16, and another great year.

Reaction Score
Maryland's only defense in the game, was to get Breanna to sit with 2 fouls in the first half. Even then they were behind at the half.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yes, I'm shocked. Correct me if I'm wrong but is Dolson playing? Stewart? Hartley? Stokes? Outside of the walkon's I thought everyone of the UConn players was acknowledged as being a good defensive player. Geno demands it. Morgan Tuck was not a starter but I accept that she had a defensive presence and obviously UConn wouldn't have the depth it normally has but there's nothing to suggest that their defense would all of a sudden be almost non-existent. The reality is their first half defensive effort was anything but normal UConn stuff. All you have to do is look at the second half results and you'll see that all it took was having Geno smack the kids over the head a few times at halftime to get them playing the type defense we're accustomed to seeing. For there to be a small dropoff on the defensive side would have been somewhat expected but not to the extent that it was happening in the first half.
Problem with only three bigs against a full team with some good size is fouls and Geno was coaching to get to the second half without anyone in foul trouble - lots of zone and some pretty soft man as well. Better to give up lots of points than be stuck with only four players left on the floor after the rest foul out. On top of that Maryland was shooting a very high percentage from the outside in the first half - yes the defense was soft, but heck they were banking in three pointers from the wing in the first half. That high percentage was bound to come back to earth at some point.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
There is no comparison between Thomas and Stewie, Stewie has the complete game handle, pass, post up, and plays defense.
Stewie also has a better set of teammates and a better coach - Thomas had a great game but the rest of the team came up short.

Reaction Score
Maryland's only defense in the game, was to get Breanna to sit with 2 fouls in the first half. Even then they were behind at the half.

Brenda actually did a good job allowing UConn to slow the pace when they fell behind by double digits. A fast paced second half, and attacking the rim could have been dangerous.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I'm really shocked that UConn's defense has already allowed the amount of points that it has. I'm so accustomed to them not allowing 50 points in a game and they're well on their way to score infinitely more points than that.

Well, I know you said you were accustomed to them not allowing 50 points but really now...just five points (72-55) over your accustomed allotment surely your heart can handle that? All that worry with two of our top 6 players not playing in the game...and Dolson on the bench for most of the 2nd half with foul trouble against the number 7 team in the country....hmmmmm. I'd say a fairly dominant outing for our Huskies....wouldn't you?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
This team has talent, spunk and the best coaches in the nation. The only thing that can stop this team is more injuries.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"We had no answer for Stewart," Frese said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom