MD game thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

MD game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Feeling pretty happy about this game. This is a rather good UMD team, and UCOnn is going to beat them on the road, probably by double digits.

Reaction Score
Shocked? 2 of the top 6 players on this team are injured
Yes, I'm shocked. Correct me if I'm wrong but is Dolson playing? Stewart? Hartley? Stokes? Outside of the walkon's I thought everyone of the UConn players was acknowledged as being a good defensive player. Geno demands it. Morgan Tuck was not a starter but I accept that she had a defensive presence and obviously UConn wouldn't have the depth it normally has but there's nothing to suggest that their defense would all of a sudden be almost non-existent. The reality is their first half defensive effort was anything but normal UConn stuff. All you have to do is look at the second half results and you'll see that all it took was having Geno smack the kids over the head a few times at halftime to get them playing the type defense we're accustomed to seeing. For there to be a small dropoff on the defensive side would have been somewhat expected but not to the extent that it was happening in the first half.

Last edited:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Feeling pretty happy about this game. This is a rather good UMD team, and UCOnn is going to beat them on the road, probably by double digits.
Without KML and Tuck to boot, obviously. Very pleased with this.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Outstanding win! I agree with the announcers...super mental toughness

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Kiah with 8 rbds. All but one in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
The thing is losing to UConn almost doesn't count anymore. It's a zero risk game for teams now. If you lose, oh well that was expected, and if you win there is huge upside.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Elated to see Stewart and Jefferson shine in this game. I was hard on them in the Stanford thread. Glad to see them stepping up to help overcome the losses of Tuck and KML.

everybody has a not so great game every once in a while...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Stewie:

26 points, seven boards, three assists, one steal, two blocks.

moar-cat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog