MD game thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

MD game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Definitely Wrong on all my predictions/thought. IMHO Maryland loss this game because UConn played good team defense and too many three point shot attempts my them. They made 6 three's, but they should have had their guards driving into the middle and get Kiah and Stef out of the game. Could have been a bigger blowout if Bria hit's her 3's. Bria played great defense and had a lot of hustle plays. Great Win under extraordinary Conditions.

Hard to believe no one on UConn fouled out of the game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well Brenda, you have a healthy team - You got some 'splaining to do !
Maryland had 4 more players available, and they still couldn't do it. They couldn't even lose by single digits. This gives UConn a lot of confidence, I think. After Sunday the schedule gets pretty easy until December.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The thing is losing to UConn almost doesn't count anymore. It's a zero risk game for teams now. If you lose, oh well that was expected, and if you win there is huge upside.

Yeah, but, like, you don;t! :)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
LOL Debbie looks deflated.

Jay Williams questions Maryland's coaching!

Wow some straight talk!

I just started a thread about that comment.

I nearly fell off the couch from laughing!

Reaction Score
everybody has a not so great game every once in a while...

With the new conference, our top players do not have many opportunities to really prove themselves this year against top competition. About 2/3 of the schedule will be "cupcake" games. These two really stepped up tonight. Glad to see it.

Its as we said with Tiffany Hayes, players become great when they consistently show up against quality competition. Excellent win tonight.

Reaction Score
Does anyone realize Bria went 4-20, and UConn till won by 17. Don't care how much better Maryland gets this year, If Morgan , and KML come back healthy no-one will touch this team in the Tournament.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Whew, now I can watch the game. My superstition: very few challenging games get watched live. Great going girls!!

Reaction Score
Report on some action Ward & Lobo - Rebecca you are playing down to the level of ESPN
A big win for uc and it was on ly a matter of time someone has to comment on an announcer no less Rebecca who is does a great job .C'mon have some positive vibes

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I'm delighted with the team's play and this win.
Fab.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Can't wait to hear Brenda's excuses... er, reasons why they lost.

Reaction Score
Does anyone realize Bria went 4-20, and UConn till won by 17. Don't care how much better Maryland gets this year, If Morgan , and KML come back healthy no-one will touch this team in the Tournament.
Agreed. As a casual fan, I'm kind of disappointed at the injuries because I wanted to see just what this team could do when fully loaded. I like watching good basketball, and UConn does it better than anyone. I know some get bored with blow outs, but if it's executed well, I still like to watch. It's the really sloppy games that are boring, even if the score is close.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Like I said in another thread Maryland and PSU probably are licking their chops but they might be in for a rude awakening.

Reaction Score
Yes, I'm shocked. Correct me if I'm wrong but is Dolson playing? Stewart? Hartley? Stokes? Outside of the walkon's I thought everyone of the UConn players was acknowledged as being a good defensive player. Geno demands it. Morgan Tuck was not a starter but I accept that she had a defensive presence and obviously UConn wouldn't have the depth it normally has but there's nothing to suggest that their defense would all of a sudden be almost non-existent. The reality is their first half defensive effort was anything but normal UConn stuff. All you have to do is look at the second half results and you'll see that all it took was having Geno smack the kids over the head a few times at halftime to get them playing the type defense we're accustomed to seeing. For there to be a small dropoff on the defensive side would have been somewhat expected but not to the extent that it was happening in the first half.

Maryland is a very good offensive team
Alyssa Thomas is one of the best players in the country, and was a tough matchup for UConn with both KML and tuck out.
UConn played zone for a chunk of the first half. A defense that they don't practice nearly as much as man.
Several players were in foul trouble, putting them on the bench or lessening their aggressiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom