Marquette Post Game Thread | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He killed us on the floor, didn’t do a thing to help and played bad defense. He was more frustrating than Hawk because he’s an upperclassman and should eventually get things right, but never did.
Disagree. The lack of scoring from Hawkins was much more detrimental.

Reaction Score
I'm going to say something crazy: Xavier has a much better chance to advance in the tourney than Marquette. Of course, with a 2 seed, Marquette might have an easy path s it gets the 7-10 game in the 2nd round. But the BE does these teams no favors. Watching a lot of college ball, this is not a team that can compete with the best in the US. Kolek wins POY in this league, which is insane to me. He was in the Atlantic 10 and shot under 40% and under 30% from 3???? He deserved the award, but I think this league was overrated this year. 6 wins from playing DePaul, Butler and Georgetown for all the top teams.

I know in my brackets no BE team will get past the S16 except for UConn.
Lolz.

Reaction Score
Goes from 27 people on twitter and the boneyard to 38 people on twitter and the boneyard. The rest live in reality.
What’s your response/feeling if we lose in the first round again? The last two seasons we’ve been incredibly flat in the tournament, another one and it’s not a coincidence anymore…

Reaction Score
I'm still baffled why we didn't get the ball to Sanogo in 2 of last plays. One were Hawkins had Sanogo wide open down low and decided to give it to Newton further out with the shot clock winding down and the last play of the game neither Newton or Karaban passed the ball to an open Sanogo down low and instead gave it to Hawkins with only 2 seconds left on the shot clock. Not having Jackson in at this part killed us and normally I'm not a fan but Sanogo was the only person scoring and we needed to get it down low. We just needed a 2 and not a 3. Ugh.

Reaction Score
Hawkins was having a bad night, yes.
But some posters actually wanted him, the leagues top scorer and teams top scorer, out of the game the last couple of possessions ?

No coach would or should do that to their top scorer.
Exactly correct. Can u imagine the reaction if UConn had the last 2 possessions and Hawk was not in the game? People on here would skewered Hurley for not hi in the game

Reaction Score
It means nothing without any hardware and no NCAA tournament success. There's a ton of pressure on Hurley to make it out of the first weekend next week. We certainly have the team to go much further it's why so many people are picking us for the final 4 but he just has to make it out of the first weekend which shouldn't be difficult to do with this group.
If we flame out again some serious soul searching needs to be done. The guy can recruit, but March is ground hog day over and over and that’s all that matters around here. This is getting tiring, we ain’t Providence.

Reaction Score
He’s recruiting well and getting good transfers. For people who are unhappy think about being St. John’s, Cuse, Georgetown. We are a top 20 program and probably staying that way with what’s coming. What do people want?

I realize your question is rhetorical, but the answer is pretty simple:

Post season success.

Reaction Score
Could be a lot worse. I was just flipping through the channels and came upon the AAC Tournament game being played in Fort Worth, TX in front of what looks to be about 1000 fans. Maybe less.

On to Selection Sunday. Can't have 3 starters put up dud games if the Huskies want to advance next week.

Reaction Score
before the season there were 3 realistic goals

1) Sanogo to be player of the conference
2) Uconn to win regular season title
3) Uconn to win the tournament title

0-3, went from being ranked #1 to now a 4th place team in the big east. If anyone thinks this wasn't a disappointing season they're lying.

Reaction Score
Joplin was so open on three of his 3s that he could have shot two threes in the time it took to close on him
Joplin wasn't the only Marquette player to be open on the 3 point attempts. The zone didn't prevent them from getting good shots from 3, they missed some which is why we closed the gap. The zone did stop Marquette from scoring inside so easily.

Reaction Score
Who took Clingan out and didn’t play him again?
He was a little better tonight, but he’s been missing for a few games. Lots of blocked shots went missing. Lots of missed rebounds too. He’s too busy setting screens past the arc.

Reaction Score
What’s your response/feeling if we lose in the first round again? The last two seasons we’ve been incredibly flat in the tournament, another one and it’s not a coincidence anymore…

I would be massively disappointed but until we start moving in the wrong direction I don’t even start to think about Hurley on the hot seat. Every year we improve on the court and recruiting

Reaction Score
before the season there were 3 realistic goals

1) Sanogo to be player of the conference
2) Uconn to win regular season title
3) Uconn to win the tournament title

0-3, went from being ranked #1 to now a 4th place team in the big east. If anyone thinks this wasn't a disappointing season they're lying.

This is a silly post. You just made up goals ex post facto and acted like you had established them in the pre-season, dinglehopper. There are way more than 3 realistic goals for the pre-season than those you listed.

Reaction Score
It’s not hate. It hasn’t been since I started posting in 2009. I love watching the team and the university. I’m just not going to lie to myself with some moral victory thought

It gets repeated because it doesn’t get fixed. We have the same conversations after every loss, every year.

There was changes this year after our horrid slide and that was great, but you get judged by your wins and loss. We have nothing to show for 5 years.

Why did Diarra play when every game he was out we were rolling? He’s been bad. Why did Clingan play 4 minutes in the first half? He only played 6 in the second half and he changed the game. Then he never came back in and we looked lost. That’s coaching. Our defense let let shoot almost 50% from the floor and 40% from three.

Missing free throws and open shots aren’t on the coach.

I’ve never seen you and some other posters, ever have one criticism of Hurley’s in game coaching. Ever.
What can you personally do to fix the situation? NOTHING!!! So instead, you whine and b!tch about it. Makes sense to me. Hopefully it makes you feel better.

Reaction Score
If you guys are talking about the pull up transition three from Joey I loved that shot, he just didn't make it.

What I didn't like was Joey taking our final shots. Hawkins was so in his own head he turned down an open pull up jumper and threw a pass to Joey at the end of the shot clock that he wasn't even expecting because Hawkins should've taken the shot. Joey is a streak shooter and it was pretty clear his shot was off by the end of the game.
After joeys Cs brick on the prior shot he took , no way he shudda been in there at end. U try to get hawk free or how bout this- someone named Alex Karaban. Get him the ball. Weird ending Still can’t believe no TO. Them at least u cud put in all our shooters and Adama at end. Alleyne joey hawk Karaban Tuff tuff losss. Still can’t get past semis. 2 years ago bouk no showed against creighton, last year it was Cole getting hurt late, and this year was ajax and hawk Always something. Now super pressure to handle business in round 1 next week. Sux cuz we were playing so well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom