Marquette Post Game Meltdown Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Meltdown Thread

Reaction Score
Stop blaming Hurley on his in game coaching for this loss. We can nitpick every decision until we are blue in the face. Maybe we just don’t have the guard play that it takes to win consistently game after game in this league. Nothing tonight from Newton, Hawkins or Diarra.

Stevie Mitchell was a gd menace on D tonight. We couldn’t get a single offensive set moving.

PG play is the issue, and it has been all season long

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The zone was the only way to keep Clingan on the floor. They hit tough 3s.

Not blaming the zebras much in this one, but that “foul” against Jackson was a huge momentum stopper
Lol no. The zone was the dumbest thing iver ever seen under 2 minutes when we need ball pressure.

Reaction Score
They just executed better down the stretch.

Sanogo played poorly

Perhaps would have liked that zone earlier in the game and go back to man for crunch time.
Better execution down the stretch. Where have I heard that before?

Reaction Score
Stop blaming Hurley on his in game coaching for this loss. We can nitpick every decision until we are blue in the face. Maybe we just don’t have the guard play that it takes to win consistently game after game in this league. Nothing tonight from Newton, Hawkins or Diarra.
Hurley hasn’t won an away game against a ranked team since he got here…

Reaction Score
Our PGs are hurting us, like losing the game hurting us. Kolek is a real PG, Newton could learn a thing or two. Our bench is non existent, Clingan excluding. Our defense has been really bad in the BE, it’s weird. Teams just get what they want against us.

Sanogo, AJ and Hawk just don’t step up when we need them to. The Big 3 certainly isn’t that.

We can’t lose any of these upcoming games? there is literally no excuse. Hurley and co need to fire these starters up, and get anything out of these bench Guards.

I went from anticipating a FF run to hoping for 2nd weekend really quickly. This has to turn around somehow.

Reaction Score
Best road win in the league right now is probably Providence at Seton Hall.

Creighton’s (0/3) last chance for a good road win is against Providence.

UConn’s (0/3) last chance is against Creighton.

Marquette’s (0/1) got three chances left against Xavier, UConn and Creighton.

Providence and Xavier still have road games against each other, UConn, Creighton and Marquette.

Let’s see what happens.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
The zone at the end of the game. Don’t get that at all. I would have been ok with it earlier in the game when they were making their runs to change pace but to go zone when clock is your enemy is not a very good strategic move.

Reaction Score
Losing 3 tough road games to 3 top 25 teams. Wish they won but I'll judge them by how they respond to this adversity. Remember 2011 went 9-9 in the Big East. This isn't the same BE but it's still a damn tough league
Found myself thinking this, but this team doesn’t have a generational shot creator and leader so doesn’t instill much confidence

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Not being able to get downhill is our downfall when we are hitting 3s from everywhere. Teams aren’t going to let Hawkins get open looks we need to run plays to get down hill.

Reaction Score
The problem UConn faces isn't just that Clingan is a better, prototype 5 that can flat-out dominate a CBB game, it's that they lack the PG to exploit that talent.
Clingan dominated and they pick and rolled the bleep out of them. They exploited it just fine while he was in there. He just can’t play 40 minutes obviously. Sanogo was a walking turnover.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
100%. We don’t have a guard that can finish. When the defense runs out at our guards, there’s no fear in any of them going to the hoop. Our guards shoot or pass, lack the handle and the ability to go inside or feast from the stripe.
This guard play will lead to a 2nd round exit. There's no getting around it.

Reaction Score
But we will still have the same coach at game time. He’s has to get better. Hope he does. He does everything else well. He spit the bit tonight and handed Marquette the game. You could’ve handled rotations better tonight. I am being sincere.

I would say this was Hurley's C+ game. I wasn't blue on the face yelling at my TV, but some changes came a few possessions too late for sure.

He needs to get better. Particularly with halftime adjustments IMO. Seems like we come out WAITING for their adjustment to adjust instead of anticipating and making our own.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom