Marquette Post Game Meltdown Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Meltdown Thread

Reaction Score
Marquette scored 51 in the 2nd half. That is not a Hurley team. This team needs a total revamp. And our guards need to shoot 200+3s in practice.

Reaction Score
How can we really say 12-2 or 13-1 after these last few games? Even in wins we haven’t looked like earlier in the season.
Because the 3 losses were literally the hardest games on the entire schedule (outside of Alabama). Every other game is easier. The 2 recent wins were against Nova and Creighton. Nova isn't Nova, but we won by almost 10. And Creighton is back to 100%, almost won at Xavier tonight, and we won by 9.

Reaction Score
It’s truly insane to me that people are okay with just saying “well Hurley has to get better”

The KIDS are supposed to get better. NOT the coach.

The coach is SUPPOSED to be a coach when he gets to the program GDit.

Reaction Score
Doubt we win the rest in BE but if worse than 11-2 to finish (15-5 overall) will be very disappointing considering the start to season.

Reaction Score
It's Hurley's job to get Hawkins in a position to affect the game. The stuff we ran for him didn't get him open at all. It didn't look like it was Hawkins fault, he was working his butt off.
He’s gotta figure some things out on his own and obviously he’s not there yet. I think we forget how little he played last year. He still needs more time.

Reaction Score
Seems like Sanogo puts in little effort on defense when he is frustrated on offense. If that’s the case, Clingan deserves more minutes. Adama really just isn’t a team player.

Reaction Score
How can we really say 12-2 or 13-1 after these last few games? Even in wins we haven’t looked like earlier in the season.
We weren't playing the same level of competition that had time to mesh as a team. And we've all been saying how hard it is to win on the road....and on the road in the Big East. We weren't going to be undefeated this year. Losing by 6 to Marquette on their home court....sucks...but it's not the end of the world. 2 seed and elite eight are doable for this team.

Reaction Score
The problem UConn faces isn't just that Clingan is a better, prototype 5 that can flat-out dominate a CBB game, it's that they lack the PG to exploit that talent.
Yep even with Jaskson playing there he is limited since he can't drive and score. Defenses know he is looking for a pass or a ugly floater. This team is well balanced with no real guards especially when Hawkins takes a night off like he did tonight.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I don’t think St.John’s is a lock.

I don't respect St John's. And I think they're poorly coached

Reaction Score
He’s not been good all season. He’s had his moments. Diarra is better for us at the point. His defense and transition are much better. He may not score but he plays with pace. Newton, idk what he’s doing
Yeah I agree with this. Newton needs to be sitting on the bench at start of games.

Reaction Score
We just aren’t all that great right now.

Opponents have figured out how to beat us and we’ve made zero adjustments.

We aren’t playing like a top team so we don’t deserve to be in the conversation. We have 1 or 2 quality wins and 3 losses

This team needs a reality check mixed with coaching and the need to play their way back into the National conversation. As far as Im
Concerned, they have played their way out.

Reaction Score
Because the 3 losses were literally the hardest games on the entire schedule (outside of Alabama). Every other game is easier. The 2 recent wins were against Nova and Creighton. Nova isn't Nova, but we won by almost 10. And Creighton is back to 100%, almost won at Xavier tonight, and we won by 9.

Nova is absolutely terrible this year. Not even an NIT team and Creighton isn’t making the tournament either. So not exactly a high bar there…

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The home games against Xavier, Providence, and Marquette will tell us something. If we go 3-0 or 2-1, it suggests to me that it is really hard to win on the road against another title contender in the Big East. If we go 0-3 or 1-2, we have bigger problems. That being said, I think we will lose at Creighton and might lose one of the aforementioned home games, and we will either go 13-1 or 12-2 the rest of the way.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Because we play the dregs of the conference and get X, peecee and Marquette at home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom