Marquette Post Game Meltdown Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Meltdown Thread

Reaction Score
This team obviously has warts. I think the 4 out ball isn't going to work with this team. We don't have the shooters for it to work. We definitely don't have the people to drive either. I think it is time to play the 2 bigs with Jackson at PG(Trust me that is tough for me but Newton is hopeless running an offense), Hawkins and Karaban at the 3. Maybe play zone at times if needed. Bring Springs(he will have to play if we go big at least spot minutes) off the bench with Newton, Joey C, and Diarra. I never want to see Alleyne again as he gives you next to nothing on both sides of the ball. We have to play to our strengths and that is with our 2 bigs on the court at the same time. I can't wait until next year when we have balance with good Fresmen guards who can beat you off the dribble. I know Castle isn't a blazer but he is more athletic than Newton. Ball definitely is something this years team is missing.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Or maybe one more. But the conference did us no favors to start the season.

We started at X, at PC and at Marq. Nobody else comes close to that level of difficulty

I guess we're lucky we had Creighton at home. ;)

From here on out, the schedule favors us.

PS: We stunk tonight. Kids do have to play better

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Newton has to be better. He’s been killing us lately. Not the main issue, but a big one
He’s not been good all season. He’s had his moments. Diarra is better for us at the point. His defense and transition are much better. He may not score but he plays with pace. Newton, idk what he’s doing

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I have said it in several places, but the fact that there is not a single road win in the games among Providence, UConn, Marquette, Creighton and Xavier is weird, and does not feel like a coincidence.
It’s not. Same theme for 5 years and refuses to change

Reaction Score
I knew they were cooked with 7:33 on the clock and that's not great. You should feel like the team has a chance with that much time and I already knew it was over.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Or maybe one more. But the conference did us no favors to start the season.

We started at X, at PC and at Marq. Nobody else comes close to that level of difficulty

I guess we're lucky we had Creighton at home. ;)

From here on out, the schedule favors us.

PS: We stunk tonight. Kids do have to play better
Very true. But over the last 5 years this fanbase has glossed over the deficiencies of Hurley’s in game coaching and criticized anyone who pointed them out. Even after wins, and they always catch up and bite us

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Best road win in the league right now is probably Providence at Seton Hall.

Creighton’s (0/3) last chance for a good road win is against Providence.

UConn’s (0/3) last chance is against Creighton.

Marquette’s (0/1) got three chances left against Xavier, UConn and Creighton.

Providence and Xavier still have road games against each other, UConn, Creighton and Marquette.

Let’s see what happens.
A level headed post. Nice

Reaction Score
DH has been reading the board and all the comments that he’s too stubborn to try a little zone! . Out to prove the armchair QBs wrong, he finally does it at the worst possible time!

It was a very good time to use the zone. Protected Clingan.

Reaction Score
Agreed. we’re still playing for a 2 seed in the east regional even With 2 maybe 3 more losses in the regular season. That should be the goal.

Reaction Score
Do not appear to be mentally strong, yet. Winning on the road, fighting thru poor shooting, adversity are things they need to improve upon in next 2 months.

Reaction Score
The house is on fire and the villagers have grabbed their pitchforks and are marching towards Hurley's house....

Cuz you know, we all thought national championship was what we were getting before the season started....not that a lot of us were calling a successful season getting to the second weekend in the tourney.

Yes, I hate losing like the next fan bit give me a break, we are light-years better than a few years ago and climbed all the way to #2 in the polls, and are getting 5 star talent to come back to the school.

Freaking chill people. We could be UNC or Kentucky....we lost to 3 top 25 teams...on their courts. Relax. (Still sucks though)

Reaction Score
Clingan is incredible and Karaban is really good. Our "big three" is overrated, it's way too easy to blanket Hawkins and crowd Sanogo and Adama is a major downgrade defensively compared to Clingan and Whaley. Point guard play remains the biggest problem.

I keep waiting for Hurley to breakthrough and start winning some of these road games and it just doesn't happen. We're always the ones on our heels.
I agree- Sanogo gets beat on the defensive end. Especially when he gets outside the paint and Marquette gets into their offensive set- Clingan is a game changer on both sides of the court.

Reaction Score
What about tonightp
We'll lose at least 1 more. Either at Creighton, home to Xavier, something like that. But I could see 12-2, 13-1 to end the year.
im curious what exactly did you see tonight or the past few games for that matter that you think this team is going to finish 13-1??

Reaction Score
This team still has real title aspirations and I’d rather lose now than in March, but we badly need a big road win soon to build some confidence away from home.

However, we didn’t play “badly” in either of the three losses.
What game did you watch? Our guards stunk the place out. Totally incapable tonight.

Reaction Score
That's Hurley's record as UConn coach?

Holy hell, I knew it was awful but that's an incredibly concerning stat for our head coach if that's what it is.
How about perspective.

For the first 3 years we had almost zero shot of beating top 25 teams period, let alone on the road.

Reaction Score
Sanogo won’t play back up center for clingan next year. We will be playing against him if he doesn’t go pro. Or he can practice at the four and play both 4 and 5 in a rotation with Clingan and Karaban. Karaban can also play 3. Sanogo is too talented in my opinion to sit the bench and clearly Clingan is also even more of a game changer and can’t sit the bench. Our guard’s aren’t that good anyway. Why are we playing 3 of them at a time?

Reaction Score
Best road win in the league right now is probably Providence at Seton Hall.

Creighton’s (0/3) last chance for a good road win is against Providence.

UConn’s (0/3) last chance is against Creighton.

Marquette’s (0/1) got three chances left against Xavier, UConn and Creighton.

Providence and Xavier still have road games against each other, UConn, Creighton and Marquette.

Let’s see what happens.
This. Lot of these teams are just going to beat each other up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom