March Recruiting Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

March Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As far as Faris comparison, Faris was tremendous defender- hope Ashlynn is as good, sounds like she might be, a little smaller. But, big difference with offense- Ashlynn is much better, much more prolificF and diverse, hope that continues in Storrs!
Faris a great defender? Why was it Diggins did nearly everything she wanted to do AND she stuffed Kelly a few times.
You must mean other than Diggins. (and I never was a fan)

Reaction Score
Totally can see why.

Right now, in 2022, I hope Kateryna (as she's known back home) Koval's family is safe, whether they're still in Ukraine or outside of it. God's speed.

There was an old song---OH, Kater reen A, seems to fit you comment. Dobja Pon yee. (phonetically).

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Faris a great defender? Why was it Diggins did nearly everything she wanted to do AND she stuffed Kelly a few times.
You must mean other than Diggins. (and I never was a fan)
You are wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
You are wrong.
Obviously, you washed those ND games ,with Faris and Diggins, out of you brain. If I were a Faris fan I would too. I'm sorry but in a defense/offense match up Diggins owned Faris.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Obviously, you washed those ND games ,with Faris and Diggins, out of you brain. If I were a Faris fan I would too. I'm sorry but in a defense/offense match up Diggins owned Faris.

Diggins's stats in 4 games against UConn during her senior year (guarded mostly by Faris)

4/15 2/4 8 TOs
11/31 0/5 7 TOs
5/15 0/2 5 TOs
3/15 0/3 6 TOs (Final Four Semi-Final game)

That's 30% FGA and 14% 3FG

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Diggins's stats in 4 games against UConn during her senior year (guarded mostly by Faris)

4/15 2/4 8 TOs
11/31 0/5 7 TOs
5/15 0/2 5 TOs
3/15 0/3 6 TOs (Final Four Semi-Final game)

That's 30% FGA and 14% 3FG
BTW, it was Faris and not Diggins who won Big East Defensive POY for the 2012-2013 season.

ND won the first 3 games but of course UConn won the big one in the FF.

Reaction Score
Correct. Diggins would often stuff Hartley on layup attempts. It became almost comical. Diggins never guarded Faris as I recall.

She even stuffed her in a WNBA game I watched. Diggins also stole several Dolson inbounds passes to Hartley. One cost us a big game.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You must mean other than Diggins. (and I never was a diggie baby fan)
Pleasee! What in the Haties are you even talking about! Skylar Diggins stuffed Bria Hartley a few times -NEVER Faris! Did Skylar ever win a championship while at ND? Faris was Skylar's Kryptonite going back to their HS days. Here is Skylar last game. Faris was so far inside Diggins head in this game Geno had to console her post game because Skylar was contemplating if she even had a future in basketball.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
BTW, Diggins had plenty of great games against UConn as a sophomore and junior and her won-loss record against UConn is one of the best if not the best among opponents. In the 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 seasons Faris rarely guarded Diggins as she often spent time guarding Novosel or whoever was playing the power forward spot for ND. In 2012-2013, with Dolson and Stewart in the post, UConn played 3 guards which allowed Faris to guard Diggins.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Shade is the kind of player best experienced in person, with her singular combination of speed, ferocity and agility.

“She’s a once-in-a-lifetime kid,” Buckley said.

Her father, Matt, is a personal trainer, and from a young age she was in the gym working on functional movements like squat jumps, push-ups and pull-ups. Her athleticism allows her to score from anywhere on the court, but it’s her mid-range game that gives her the most pride.

“In today’s game, it’s a lot of layups and 3s,” Shade said. “My mid-range game separates me.”

Buckley often positions Shade on the block, and that’s exactly where she was at the start of the fourth quarter to kill Franklin Community’s momentum. The Grizzly Cubs had cut the Millers’ lead to 10, but Shade made sure the run ended there, scoring amid fierce defensive pressure and drawing the foul. Once she converted the and-1, Buckley said it felt like Shade had “stolen Franklin’s soul.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Pretty sure diggins stuffed Hartley
She may too have done that. But at Uconn, the big match up was Kelly and Diggins. I'm not a diggins fan. This was shortly after Kelly had the game of her uconn career.

Reaction Score
BTW, Diggins had plenty of great games against UConn as a sophomore and junior and her won-loss record against UConn is one of the best if not the best among opponents. In the 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 seasons Faris rarely guarded Diggins as she often spent time guarding Novosel or whoever was playing the power forward spot for ND. In 2012-2013, with Dolson and Stewart in the post, UConn played 3 guards which allowed Faris to guard Diggins.

The recruiting had Geno going after Faris and Diggins. In their senior year, they went head to head. Norvosel was one heck of a player. Thanks for the BOLD above.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

That 2011-12 ND team started, essentially, one big (Dev Peters) and four guards: Diggins, Novosel, Kayla McBride and Brittany Mallory. The latter four all played more than 1000 minutes and they were augmented by a young Natalie Achonwa and Kaila Turner off the bench. K-Mac and Nasty both averaged more than 4 rpg. -- they both had good size and used it well. Besides Novosel, I seem to recall Faris matching up on K-Mac from time to time.

In 2012-13, Peters, Novosel and Mallory all had graduated. The Irish played two forward-centers in Achonwa and Ariel Braker and three guards: Diggins, K-Mac and a freshman named Jewell Loyd. That was also the first year/appearance of a Mabrey: Michaela, along with Maddie Cable.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
That 2011-12 ND team started, essentially, one big (Dev Peters) and four guards: Diggins, Novosel, Kayla McBride and Brittany Mallory. The latter four all played more than 1000 minutes and they were augmented by a young Natalie Achonwa and Kaila Turner off the bench. K-Mac and Nasty both averaged more than 4 rpg. -- they both had good size and used it well. Besides Novosel, I seem to recall Faris matching up on K-Mac from time to time.
She did.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Would love to see full game video for both Blanca Thomas & Kate Koval.

Hoping for one of them in 2024!
I'm sure her summer league games are a better indicator of her true talent, but here is Blanca Thomas' most recent game. She's #34 in white.

Reaction Score
Would love to see full game video for both Blanca Thomas & Kate Koval.

Hoping for one of them in 2024!
Google kate koval video and you'll see one from Dec.3 2021 on there.

Reaction Score
I'm sure her summer league games are a better indicator of her true talent, but here is Blanca Thomas' most recent game. She's #34 in white.

not an easy watch.............she's clearly athletic for a 6'4" player and has a really nice shooting touch...........just not aggressive enough at either end of the floor.........she's still a young one so plenty of time to improve........

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
That was some game. KK Arnold Marvelous and very unselfish
High School basketball is 32 minutes if my memory serves. It's hard to believe these teams score in the eighties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom